2010 Rams MVP - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Rams

Old 04.01.2011, 08:00 PM
MVP

Default 2010 Rams MVP

Well we all seen plenty up/downs this season my Rams MVP..............

Danny Amendola

Played well all season, go to guy also had one of the best catches you ever see and still got up looking for more yards

THE CATCH
Old 04.01.2011, 09:28 PM
Starter

I think everyone upped their game this year but there's a long way to go yet.

Lot's of notable mentions and you've really got to look at Bradford and say he's going to be the man.

But if you look at the season as a whole our D kept us in nearly every game we played and a lot of that for me came down to one great addition, Fred Robbins.

It wasn't all good on D we had our bad moments too but I'll give him my MVP for overall influence.

A couple more like him and we're going to see this D have some real fun!

If you want best moment on the season well that catch is one but for me Danario's TD in the Dome against the Chargers wins it hands down, who doesn't love seeing a guy get back up to beat the odds, one of those hairs on the back of your neck moments!

Last edited by tribesman; 04.01.2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04.01.2011, 09:43 PM
MVP

But in the end you can only pick one MVP which is ?
Old 04.01.2011, 10:03 PM
All Pro

For me, #55.

I think he took a decent step forward from his decent rookie year, and is possibly the one guy on defense we can't afford to lose. He made plays in every facet of the game, and I would imagine hardly missed a snap again.

I'd say he is the most important player on our defense that had some pretty good performers this year in Long, Hall, Robbins, Atogwe and Bartell.
Old 04.01.2011, 10:20 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock & Load View Post
But in the end you can only pick one MVP which is ?
Robbins is my pick but I wouldn't argue against anyone mentioned here.

You can throw Saffold in there too for some high praise, not quite the MVP level but a great first yeat performance for a guy we drafted to be Right Tackle, a great draft pick.
Old 04.01.2011, 10:51 PM
All Pro

I'm personally of the opinion that Saffold's play was overrated. Maybe it was watching Barron for too long, or the fact that when Smith plays bad, he plays really really bad I don't know, but I don't think his play was worthy of the praise it received.

Saffold had a couple of what you'd say were good games (2nd Cards game for example), couple of stinkers (Chiefs springs straight to mind, and he was destroyed by Justin Smith in the first game, and struggled to come back from that before being injured, then Foster got destroyed) and the rest of the time it was fairly ordinary. He shown enough to suggest he could become a good starter, but I don't think he's there yet.
Old 04.01.2011, 11:25 PM
All Pro

i think it will have to go with Danny Amendola aswell, the amount of 3rd down catches he made to move the chains really helped us and he made some really good breaks in the return game without actually taking one to the house. Bradford a close 2nd though just for turning this franchise around.

The whole of the defence deserves a mention aswell apart from dockery.
Old 05.01.2011, 07:58 PM
All Pro

Tough one... I have 4 candidates... Bradford, James Hall, #55 and Amendola....
I will say Bradford...
Old 06.01.2011, 07:18 PM
All Pro

Rams Hand out Team Awards

So the Rams MVP was SJax, surprising really as I thought personally he had one of his poorest seasons for us, not helped playing one handed for so long admittedly, and behind some fairly ordinary blocking at times.

Bradford got rookie of the year, shocking one that.

Atogwe got some award for something (his contract bonus is due sometime soon I believe, be real interesting to see what happens) and Fletcher got the award for coming back from injury. Something that probably needed to be said to reminded us, his recovery from that injury was remarkable and at times he played very well.
Old 18.02.2011, 08:01 PM
Rookie

Amendola for me too. He's my favourite player and an unbelievable player. By the way, here's a link to a youtube video of Rams highlights from 2010 season. It's pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbfp-ywKCcM