A messge to all Saints fans - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Old 24.03.2012, 04:49 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin3026 View Post
Some biased crap
How exactly was my post un-educated exactly? You contradict yourself in your reply, saying that all your D was doing was blitzing, but later say that you admit that some of the hits were late? It's documented that the players were told that they would get paid $10,000 if they took Favre out of the game. At what point is that legal...and right?

A blitz is one thing, going after a QB's ankles, simply tackling him when he's well away from the play, and eventually forcing him out of the game? That's not a Blitz. Thats a reckless defence trying to end someones career.

Hell, I even took the time to educate you, on the saints "blitz" tactics :

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...rett_favre.php

A bit biased I'll admit, but
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnes...gregg-williams

http://min.scout.com/2/1163898.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T236ndWk6Sp

Need I keep finding them? Or are you going to accept the fact that the saints weren't blitzing, but they were purposely taking out Favre...for money?

EDIT : Also, yeah, Favre did say "those guys were just doing their job"l, but he also did say that after some of the hits (that weren't flagged due to poor officials) "What the Hell are you guys doing?!" - It's in one of the posts I've linked above. Feel free to read them, and try and take some notes.

Last edited by phoenix492; 24.03.2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 24.03.2012, 10:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix492 View Post
How exactly was my post un-educated exactly? You contradict yourself in your reply, saying that all your D was doing was blitzing, but later say that you admit that some of the hits were late? It's documented that the players were told that they would get paid $10,000 if they took Favre out of the game. At what point is that legal...and right?

A blitz is one thing, going after a QB's ankles, simply tackling him when he's well away from the play, and eventually forcing him out of the game? That's not a Blitz. Thats a reckless defence trying to end someones career.

Hell, I even took the time to educate you, on the saints "blitz" tactics :

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...rett_favre.php

A bit biased I'll admit, but
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnes...gregg-williams

http://min.scout.com/2/1163898.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T236ndWk6Sp

Need I keep finding them? Or are you going to accept the fact that the saints weren't blitzing, but they were purposely taking out Favre...for money?

EDIT : Also, yeah, Favre did say "those guys were just doing their job"l, but he also did say that after some of the hits (that weren't flagged due to poor officials) "What the Hell are you guys doing?!" - It's in one of the posts I've linked above. Feel free to read them, and try and take some notes.

Have you read any of those articles? Everyone one states that the bounties were wrong (no argument here) but the Vikings didn't loose the game because of them.

I didn't contradict myself at all. The Saints sent many blitzes, they also had a few late hits, doesn't mean they weren't blitzing. The referees are in charge of the game and call penalties as they see them, you can't blame the Saints for bad referee calls. To be fair they don't have the advantage of slowing down every play to the 100ths of a second and many angles that TV offers.

Where in the NFL (or any football) rule book does it say you cannot tackle a QB (or any player) by the ankle? I've never heard such a rule. There are rules to protect hits to the knees (particularly from the side) and also double teaming high and low (which i grant did happen) but no where can i find anything about not tackling a player by the ankle.

I say again the bounties were wrong, however playing hard is not, if you don't want your QB to be hit hard either get a good O'line or release the ball early end of.

Favre wasn't the only QB to be hit late in that game, it's just the Saints don't cry about it.
Old 01.05.2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadesaregood View Post
Right, that's it, the NFL might as well shut up shop right now.
Hahaha .
Old 07.05.2012, 12:42 AM
Rookie

Here's my view on it. i will keep it short and sweet.

I think bounties are wrong, actual bounties, with money for taking guys out and stuff. i dont see any problem with targeting players. (and yes, targeting injuries sounds terrible i agree but ive played alot of sports over the years, not professionaly in any capacity, and in most of them we were encouraged to use a guys injury to our advantage). Please understand, that I don't think intentionally going out there, knowing a guys injured and then trying to end his career. im hypothetically speaking, i think theres a line and you shouldnt cross it.

if vilma was really offering x-sum mount of money to take guys out of games, so be it, Goodell said he would come down hard and he did, fair enough, no complaints.

I thought more of our players would have been punished, so im grateful they wern't.

I think Goodell "potentioally" could ruin more and more of the sport. time will tell.

I think other teams practice their own form of bounties but so far havn't been caught. Saint's didnt handle it well, they were stupid in fact, about alot if it. if what we have been told is true and it most likely is majority truth.

Meh, I'm not going to go on. If people hate the team and express that by hating their fans , online and what not, that's ok. It's to be expected. But please don't expect throwing false rumours and opinions, and throwing facts (yep, even fact's) at fans are somehow going to make them stop supporting their team. regardless of who you support, stick with them to the death. that's what makes a true fan. but also realise that even your own team, isn't always going to be doing the right things, and it's ok to be dissapointed.

I completely respect everyones opinions on the matter.
Old 27.07.2012, 06:00 PM
Rookie

I have watched the last 2 years Saints games on Game pass and they were not a dirty team, hard hitting as a good D should be but no worse than any other team. In fact stat's show that the Saints were one of the cleaner teams. So I don't buy into this whole bounty stuff. and as for Vilma, any man worth his salt would challenge charges against him if he is innocent. However a good bit of the evidence shown has been faulty, ie a player saying something and it turns out it was not his voice. A certain amount of the alledged evidence has come from a minor coach who lost his job a couple of years ago and is bitter etc. If the evidence is so good then show it. The commissioner is not showing it. In a court of law you would not have a single man be judge and jury. It is wrong that the decisions of 1 man can ruin players carreers. Remember the stats show the Saints are not a dirty team. I think the Saints have been made a scapegoat for the concusion issue where the legue is being sued and they are attempting to give the image of cleaning up the game.
Old 07.08.2012, 10:48 AM
All Pro

Looking to have a bit of light at the end of the tunnel now with Vilma. Im still surprised that the NFL has not presented any of the evidence that they say they do. Its starting to look like Roger doesnt have anything and Vilma has a good cause for optimism.

Nice to see Drews strong words against Roger on sunday too.