2012 Draft Predictions - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 03.04.2012, 10:15 AM
Team Captain

Default 2012 Draft Predictions

Its that time.
As per last year , have a go at predicting our selections this year.
Points awarded as follows:
Right Player/Right Round = 20
Right Player/Wrong Round = 15
Right Position/Right Round = 10
Right Position/Wrong Round = 5

My stab in the dark is-

1) Cordy Glenn OG
1) Stephen Gilmore CB
2) David Wilson RB
3) Brian Quick WR
4) Kheeston Randall DT
5) Mike Brewster OC
5) Matt Daniels S
6) James-Michae Johnson LB
Old 03.04.2012, 05:59 PM
Starter

1) Cordy Glenn , OG
1) Janoris Jenkins , CB
2) Mohamed Sanu WR
3) LaMichael James RB
4) Brandon Taylor , S
5) Michael Egnew , TE
5) Jerry Franklin , ILB
6) Adam Gettis , OG
Old 15.04.2012, 04:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbrummie View Post
1) Cordy Glenn , OG
1) Janoris Jenkins , CB
2) Mohamed Sanu WR
3) LaMichael James RB
4) Brandon Taylor , S
5) Michael Egnew , TE
5) Jerry Franklin , ILB
6) Adam Gettis , OG
I did a mock draft here. My four rounds are pretty similar to yours.

I don't like the Janoris Jenkins pick purely because of his pot related issues. After what has gone on with Jerome, it would be ridiculous to suggest the Bengals would get Jenkins to stop smoking. He's a great player, but I don't know whether we would get the best out of him!

I love the Cordy Glenn pick, he might suit the tackle position better in the NFL but can play both spots, and that versatility is what the Bengals need. If DeCastro falls to 17, I would like to see Cincy take him, but if not, Glenn at 21 could be a good shout.

What do you guys think of Vontaze Burfict? Despite all the negativity surrounding him at the moment you can't help but wonder if the Bengals will take him late. Marv flew from the Oregon pro day, back to Cincy then out to Arizona to attend Burfict's pro day in the space of 24 hours, that's pretty keen!
Old 15.04.2012, 09:48 PM
Starter

I won last year, and my prize was being most like MB and ML..I hope I can retain this 'prestigious' award.

1)Dre Kirkpatrick CB
1)Kendall Wright WR
2)Amini Silatolu OG
3)Isaiah Pead RB
4)George Iloka S
5)Trevor Guyton DE
5)AJ Jenkins WR
5)Terrell Manning OLB
6)Mike Daniels DT
Old 16.04.2012, 09:42 AM
All Pro

Is the prize this year the same as last year? A Marvel-Style 'No Prize'.

My absolute guesses.

1) Cordy Glenn OG
1) Dre Kirkpatrick CB
2) Isaiah Pead RB
3) Janoris Jenkins WR
4)

Rest will be posted later on.
Old 22.04.2012, 08:58 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgraybengals View Post

I don't like the Janoris Jenkins pick purely because of his pot related issues. After what has gone on with Jerome, it would be ridiculous to suggest the Bengals would get Jenkins to stop smoking. He's a great player, but I don't know whether we would get the best out of him!

I love the Cordy Glenn pick, he might suit the tackle position better in the NFL but can play both spots, and that versatility is what the Bengals need. If DeCastro falls to 17, I would like to see Cincy take him, but if not, Glenn at 21 could be a good shout.

What do you guys think of Vontaze Burfict? Despite all the negativity surrounding him at the moment you can't help but wonder if the Bengals will take him late. Marv flew from the Oregon pro day, back to Cincy then out to Arizona to attend Burfict's pro day in the space of 24 hours, that's pretty keen!
I picked Janoris because its typical the bengals will take chances on these players , i would much rather us get another weapon at WR to take some of the attention off Green , Kendall Wright if he is there ( taking the Giants as an good example last season with Manningham , Nicks , Cruz 3 quality recievers ) then Cordy at 21 .
Take the best available Corner in the 2nd round .
Old 22.04.2012, 02:16 PM
Team Captain

[QUOTE=bengalbrummie;1570244]I picked Janoris because its typical the bengals will take chances on these players /QUOTE]

Don't think we need to take chances on players anymore.If its CB they are after, Kirkpatrick and /or Gilmore should be there before Jenkins. If not, then he probably is the next best choice and will probably be part of the discussion (but I hope not personally).
Old 22.04.2012, 02:46 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgraybengals View Post

I like Burflict's skills. If he's there in round 4, then I don't see why not.
Old 24.04.2012, 06:23 PM
Starter

[QUOTE=bengalblueboy1;1570331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbrummie View Post
I picked Janoris because its typical the bengals will take chances on these players /QUOTE]

Don't think we need to take chances on players anymore.If its CB they are after, Kirkpatrick and /or Gilmore should be there before Jenkins. If not, then he probably is the next best choice and will probably be part of the discussion (but I hope not personally).
i personally think we will be alright for CB's this year ( not in desperate need for a starter this year ) with the signings of Terrence Newman and Jason Allen to go with Nate and Leon Hall . and if we are going to draft a DB get Barron if he is around at 17 , Maybe a Reciever in the first if Barron is not there then a Corner in the 2nd .
I meant in regards to his ( Jenkins ) Lifestyle off the field , a few teams would pass on him because of it.
but typically the Bengals will let it slide .
Old 24.04.2012, 08:51 PM
Pro Bowler

The Bengals in the past few years haven't 'reached' for a player in a position they were in need of.
This team has fewer glaring needs than last year's so I'm assuming the Bengals will stay with the status quo and pick players who are the highest on the board at the time they pick....

The only thing that Lewis has seemed to commit to is taking a defensive player with the first of the two first round picks, but if someone's there that shouldn't be on offense you can scrap that too....