Chris Ivory or Travaris Cadet? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01.09.2012, 09:25 AM
DarrenSQh's Avatar
DarrenSQh DarrenSQh is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2007
Posts: 2,956
Default

Both!

In Loomis we trust! The cuts seem to have kept everyone i wanted. Maybe surprised Tennant is gone.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01.09.2012, 10:08 AM
neer911's Avatar
neer911 neer911 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 22.08.2012
Posts: 77
Default

I'm not entirely sure how this works though. Can the people on IR be reactivated? And if so, do we have to cut people to bring them on IR? Also, people like Humber and Smith aren't counted towards the 53-man roster right now, are they? But when they return, would that mean we would have to cut 2 players to make space for them?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01.09.2012, 12:36 PM
DarrenSQh's Avatar
DarrenSQh DarrenSQh is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2007
Posts: 2,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neer911 View Post
I'm not entirely sure how this works though. Can the people on IR be reactivated? And if so, do we have to cut people to bring them on IR? Also, people like Humber and Smith aren't counted towards the 53-man roster right now, are they? But when they return, would that mean we would have to cut 2 players to make space for them?
You cannot be reactivated. The IR guys are done for the year.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01.09.2012, 12:39 PM
neer911's Avatar
neer911 neer911 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 22.08.2012
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSQh View Post
You cannot be reactivated. The IR guys are done for the year.
So that means no Nick Toon for the entire year?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01.09.2012, 10:04 PM
weordie's Avatar
weordie weordie is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 12.12.2006
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neer911 View Post
So that means no Nick Toon for the entire year?
http://nfltraderumors.co/saints-rook...ut-for-season/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01.09.2012, 11:05 PM
neer911's Avatar
neer911 neer911 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 22.08.2012
Posts: 77
Default

Ahh that's a shame. I was a bit confused because I saw him play against the Titans and he didn't seem to be carrying a major injury or anything.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03.09.2012, 01:27 AM
martin3026's Avatar
martin3026 martin3026 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 03.10.2006
Posts: 2,259
Default

A little worried that the keeping of both Ivory and Cadet may mean Sproles may be more injured than they're letting on.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03.09.2012, 10:14 AM
DarrenSQh's Avatar
DarrenSQh DarrenSQh is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2007
Posts: 2,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin3026 View Post
A little worried that the keeping of both Ivory and Cadet may mean Sproles may be more injured than they're letting on.
I think its purely down to the talent that Cadet showed. You cant release players that look that good. Also with 2 years ago fresh in our minds you dont want to end up with injuries and useless free agent RB's getting carries.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03.09.2012, 10:15 AM
beer_bart's Avatar
beer_bart beer_bart is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 05.08.2009
Posts: 627
Default

I don't think it's that.

The Saints are now loaded at RB, something which all teams in the league will be aware of. This enhances the chance of a potential trade. Either Pierre Thomas or Chris Ivory could go should any teams suffer injuries.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03.09.2012, 10:18 AM
DarrenSQh's Avatar
DarrenSQh DarrenSQh is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2007
Posts: 2,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_bart View Post
I don't think it's that.

The Saints are now loaded at RB, something which all teams in the league will be aware of. This enhances the chance of a potential trade. Either Pierre Thomas or Chris Ivory could go should any teams suffer injuries.
I think there is no way we trade any major players this year without SP being able to make any decisions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cadet , ivory , running back , saints

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 09:44 AM.