Chris Ivory or Travaris Cadet? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Old 03.09.2012, 10:24 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSQh View Post
I think there is no way we trade any major players this year without SP being able to make any decisions.
Loomis could make the call. Remember we have no 1st round pick next year. If we could get say for arguments sake a 2nd for Thomas or a 3rd for Ivory, then we should consider it I think.
Old 03.09.2012, 02:08 PM
All Pro

No way Pierre Thomas goes anywhere. He's the best back we have and statistically has the safest hands in the NFL.
Old 03.09.2012, 09:56 PM
Pro

I love Thomas and he almost always breaks at least 1 tackle. That's a dead useful RB right there.
Old 04.09.2012, 07:50 AM
Pro Bowler

I'm not knocking any of those players. I'm a big fan of both of them. The work Pierre does in the screen game is reason alone to keep him. And Ivory showed massive potential in the 2010 season.

However, we have 5 running backs and big holes in other areas. We are again weak at linebacker with the injuries in the pre-season. And our offensive line is just one injury away from being a pretty average line.

To top it all off as I've previously mentioned we don't have a first round pick next year, in fact I'm not sure we even have a second? Perhaps someone could clarify?

We must keep looking to the future in the same way the Pats do. They aren't afraid to make these types of difficult decisions to improve the franchise going forward.
Old 04.09.2012, 10:30 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_bart View Post
However, we have 5 running backs and big holes in other areas. We are again weak at linebacker with the injuries in the pre-season. And our offensive line is just one injury away from being a pretty average line.
True, and I think it we'll end up trading Cadet or Ivory to a team whose starting RB gets injured early on this season.

Quote:
To top it all off as I've previously mentioned we don't have a first round pick next year, in fact I'm not sure we even have a second? Perhaps someone could clarify?
We have a second round pick next year, just not a first. We only had this year's second round pick taken away, not next year's.
Old 06.09.2012, 08:45 PM
Pro

Just to clarify, its actually our secod round picks for both years we lost. We do have our first round pick in next year's draft.
Old 07.09.2012, 07:28 AM
Pro Bowler

Ah, thanks. Maybe we should keep the runners then! lol.

Hope we get a big lineman next year.

I think our O-Line is the weakest link.
Old 07.09.2012, 03:21 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_bart View Post
Ah, thanks. Maybe we should keep the runners then! lol.

Hope we get a big lineman next year.

I think our O-Line is the weakest link.
Seriously? Their screen work is excellent. The make good holes for runs, keep drew on his feet most of the time and Im sure they have won awards for best line in recent years.
Old 07.09.2012, 03:53 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthSaint View Post
Just to clarify, its actually our secod round picks for both years we lost. We do have our first round pick in next year's draft.
I confused myself, whoops Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSQh View Post
Seriously? Their screen work is excellent. The make good holes for runs, keep drew on his feet most of the time and Im sure they have won awards for best line in recent years.
Perhaps he meant it's a weak O-line in terms of depth? I agree that there's not a single O-line in the NFL that I would trade our starting O-line for.

Tags
cadet , ivory , running back , saints