Chris Ivory or Travaris Cadet? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03.09.2012, 10:24 AM
beer_bart's Avatar
beer_bart beer_bart is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 05.08.2009
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSQh View Post
I think there is no way we trade any major players this year without SP being able to make any decisions.
Loomis could make the call. Remember we have no 1st round pick next year. If we could get say for arguments sake a 2nd for Thomas or a 3rd for Ivory, then we should consider it I think.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03.09.2012, 02:08 PM
martin3026's Avatar
martin3026 martin3026 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 03.10.2006
Posts: 2,259
Default

No way Pierre Thomas goes anywhere. He's the best back we have and statistically has the safest hands in the NFL.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03.09.2012, 09:56 PM
neer911's Avatar
neer911 neer911 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 22.08.2012
Posts: 77
Default

I love Thomas and he almost always breaks at least 1 tackle. That's a dead useful RB right there.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04.09.2012, 07:50 AM
beer_bart's Avatar
beer_bart beer_bart is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 05.08.2009
Posts: 627
Default

I'm not knocking any of those players. I'm a big fan of both of them. The work Pierre does in the screen game is reason alone to keep him. And Ivory showed massive potential in the 2010 season.

However, we have 5 running backs and big holes in other areas. We are again weak at linebacker with the injuries in the pre-season. And our offensive line is just one injury away from being a pretty average line.

To top it all off as I've previously mentioned we don't have a first round pick next year, in fact I'm not sure we even have a second? Perhaps someone could clarify?

We must keep looking to the future in the same way the Pats do. They aren't afraid to make these types of difficult decisions to improve the franchise going forward.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04.09.2012, 10:30 AM
neer911's Avatar
neer911 neer911 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 22.08.2012
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_bart View Post
However, we have 5 running backs and big holes in other areas. We are again weak at linebacker with the injuries in the pre-season. And our offensive line is just one injury away from being a pretty average line.
True, and I think it we'll end up trading Cadet or Ivory to a team whose starting RB gets injured early on this season.

Quote:
To top it all off as I've previously mentioned we don't have a first round pick next year, in fact I'm not sure we even have a second? Perhaps someone could clarify?
We have a second round pick next year, just not a first. We only had this year's second round pick taken away, not next year's.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06.09.2012, 08:45 PM
PerthSaint's Avatar
PerthSaint PerthSaint is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 23.11.2009
Posts: 51
Default

Just to clarify, its actually our secod round picks for both years we lost. We do have our first round pick in next year's draft.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07.09.2012, 07:28 AM
beer_bart's Avatar
beer_bart beer_bart is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 05.08.2009
Posts: 627
Default

Ah, thanks. Maybe we should keep the runners then! lol.

Hope we get a big lineman next year.

I think our O-Line is the weakest link.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07.09.2012, 03:21 PM
DarrenSQh's Avatar
DarrenSQh DarrenSQh is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2007
Posts: 2,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_bart View Post
Ah, thanks. Maybe we should keep the runners then! lol.

Hope we get a big lineman next year.

I think our O-Line is the weakest link.
Seriously? Their screen work is excellent. The make good holes for runs, keep drew on his feet most of the time and Im sure they have won awards for best line in recent years.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07.09.2012, 03:53 PM
neer911's Avatar
neer911 neer911 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 22.08.2012
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthSaint View Post
Just to clarify, its actually our secod round picks for both years we lost. We do have our first round pick in next year's draft.
I confused myself, whoops Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSQh View Post
Seriously? Their screen work is excellent. The make good holes for runs, keep drew on his feet most of the time and Im sure they have won awards for best line in recent years.
Perhaps he meant it's a weak O-line in terms of depth? I agree that there's not a single O-line in the NFL that I would trade our starting O-line for.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cadet , ivory , running back , saints

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:33 AM.