I'd like to give ....... a good slap - Page 59 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 06.01.2014, 06:39 PM
Pro Bowler

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
He came on here once when he was getting absolutely slated and was a really genuine guy. I thought of him differently after that. Even if I still find his punditing skills terrible and consider that his seat in the Sky Studios could be filled with dozens of posters on here and you'd get better analysis.
He probably is a nice and genuine guy, I find his presenting irritating. I have never met him so can't comment on his character. But then I did like Nick Halling so who am I to judge !
Old 07.01.2014, 10:09 AM
Hall of Fame

People who whine about Neil Reynolds

He isn't Carlson, he isn't supposed to be Carlson

I can understand a newbie maybe getting annoyed by the lack of analysis from Sky when Jeff isn't there, but for most of the people who moan on here, what analysis do you need??

1. You have been watching the game so 99% of analysis is just rehashing stuff you already noticed.
2. The US broadcast team gives you analysis during the game.

There are people dying in the world every day and yet people on here act like watching Reynolds is ruining their life!

REALITY CHECK People!!
Old 07.01.2014, 11:24 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post

While I'm not a huge fan of Neil, this is the whole point. He's there to provide the odd soundbite and explain things in a pretty basic way to people who have limited knowledge of the NFL. I don't find him particularly engaging or comfortable to listen to on the odd occasion I watch Sky's coverage, but he's not there for me. I do think Sky need a Carlson/Reinebold-type guy alongside him though, so maybe the slap needs to be reserved for the programme editor who puts Martin and Cadle alongside Reynolds!
Old 07.01.2014, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I can understand a newbie maybe getting annoyed by the lack of analysis from Sky when Jeff isn't there, but for most of the people who moan on here, what analysis do you need??

1. You have been watching the game so 99% of analysis is just rehashing stuff you already noticed.

There are people dying in the world every day and yet people on here act like watching Reynolds is ruining their life!

REALITY CHECK People!!
Cannot argue with that.

Mark
Old 07.01.2014, 12:33 PM
GOAT

I think Cecil Martin needs to go and be replaced by someone more knowledgeable and less like an excitable child who speaks before engaging brain. Rocky Boiman anyone?
Old 07.01.2014, 12:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
I think Cecil Martin needs to go and be replaced by someone more knowledgeable and less like an excitable child who speaks before engaging brain. Rocky Boiman anyone?
I like him so I say why not?
Old 07.01.2014, 01:39 PM
All Pro

In-between plays with a studio of Cadle, Jeff and Neil, I change the channel for a few minutes. I don't when Cecil is on.
Old 07.01.2014, 02:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur Moose View Post
In-between plays with a studio of Cadle, Jeff and Neil, I change the channel for a few minutes. I don't when Cecil is on.
Thus proving you are one of a kind. (Cecil is the worst)
Old 07.01.2014, 02:04 PM
GOAT

Quote:

REALITY CHECK People!!
each to there own but i dont see why its an excuse for being dull and creepy or for putting me on screen.

so your saying his not needed, so can say any old rubbish be unlikeable and people should just say ah well.

you could say people are dying every day about anything, hell most things fall apart in comparison.
Old 07.01.2014, 02:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
each to there own but i dont see why its an excuse for being dull and creepy or for putting me on screen.

so your saying his not needed, so can say any old rubbish be unlikeable and people should just say ah well.

you could say people are dying every day about anything, hell most things fall apart in comparison.
Dull and creepy?! Dull maybe, but how is he creepy?

None of them are needed, just use the US feed and be done with it, that would end all this nonsense every year.

Very true, still stands though, that you and others are moaning about something that should if you are past 12, have no affect on your viewing pleasure.

If it is really that bad, you know what the Mute button is for don't you?!