Union Jax Fan Night 2014 - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 26.09.2014, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
Unfortunately due to usually having to stay the night after I will not ever do a Saturday night before can't imagine I'll make any of them, oh well. Unfortunately young family means limited cash flow....

I may well post a picture nearer the time so people can say hi as it'd be fun to say hi to people on here.
I feel your pain - would love to be able to make more of the events that are laid on by the Jaguars UK team. Living just far enough away that travel time and costs make it prohibitive, and having an 18 month old makes any disposable income extremely limited. I'll make sure we make a toast to yourself and any others in the Jag family who are unable to make it for whatever reason
Old 26.09.2014, 07:33 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post

Will there be enough space to 'circle up' outside? Or will wel have to block the road again and yell "JAGUARS!" at startled taxi drivers?
That was the most fun part from last year!

I see that its a little earlier this year at 5:30pm. I hope I can drag my husband from the Fulham game a little early, (since I am sure that they will be getting spanked anyway!)
Old 26.09.2014, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahmay View Post

I see that its a little earlier this year at 5:30pm. I hope I can drag my husband from the Fulham game a little early, (since I am sure that they will be getting spanked anyway!)
The Fulham game should be finished by around 16:55 - you should be able to make it in time to get in and get to the bar - I'm promised it's a larger venue by far compared to the Hard Rock (can't believe I was nervous that no-one would turn up to that event - I needn't have worried!!).
Old 26.09.2014, 07:59 PM
Pro Bowler

Looking forward to this! Had a great time last year and we were looking into going to the sports bar after the game again this year. Tried to book a table but they said they don't do that?!

Be great catching up with everyone again as I have the same issue many do. Living in Newcastle and having a young family (three girls under 8), I also can't make any of the other Jaguars UK events. I don't mind tho, I'm grateful they have them, just wish I could attend one or two
Old 26.09.2014, 08:01 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
The Fulham game should be finished by around 16:55 - you should be able to make it in time to get in and get to the bar - I'm promised it's a larger venue by far compared to the Hard Rock (can't believe I was nervous that no-one would turn up to that event - I needn't have worried!!).
No, you needn't! We already told you we were all gonna be there
Old 26.09.2014, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahmay View Post

Just thought I'd dig this thread out from last year for anyone who needed a reminder of the fun we had (or, heaven forbid if you couldn't make it yourself!); https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=99868
Old 26.09.2014, 08:06 PM
All Pro

Just an fyi, having been there before, if there are as many people as there were last year, we will not fit in the downstairs

iirc, it is a proper main road outside as well, although there is MArylbone station and it's layby just next door.
Old 26.09.2014, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai13 View Post
Just an fyi, having been there before, if there are as many people as there were last year, we will not fit in the downstairs

iirc, it is a proper main road outside as well, although there is MArylbone station and it's layby just next door.
Really? I haven't had any input this year so I'm not taking the blame! Disappointing news though
Old 26.09.2014, 08:15 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Good to know. Thanks Vincent.

Last year when I booked our trip with NFL On Location, the Union Jax event was actually part of the itinerary that they gave us!! I know a few people going this year as well, so I will make sure to spread the word on my side. This time we wont make the same mistake and will bring plenty of biz cards so we can keep in touch with people that we meet. Im sure that this will be our last trip to a London game for quite some time, but it would be cool to meet up with some of you who come over to any of the games in Jax or any BCB away games!
Old 26.09.2014, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Yea, me and the wife have stayed in touch with one couple who we got to meet up with over draft weekend - it's great building these bonds crossing the Atlantic

Regarding the venue, I've looked on Google Street View and there does at least appear to be plenty of room outside to circle up - if not we can just take over the road again and bring one of London's main railway stations to a standstill. It's just how we roll!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.7 KB, 4 views)