AFC Conference Championship Game Thread. - Page 9 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 21.01.2018, 01:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
When has Brady not been on the injury report?
Apparently when he has a concussion according to Giselle...
Old 21.01.2018, 02:04 PM
All Pro

All this Hot Air about Brady, from the Pats, is just Belecheck deflating the Balls ......
Old 21.01.2018, 05:41 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Sure I would. Not sure I have done, as I only bet maybe once or twice a year, but I've backed things I didn't want to happen before like Brexit or Tory win. I guess you could say I was supporting the other team.

Agree on the Jags though. Especially here in the U.K. I think some fans seem to have a mentality of it's a bad season if you get knocked out... I suppose a legacy of tournaments where only a few ever really have any hope of winning in the first place and the fact there are multiple trophies up for grabs. But in the NFL it's nonsense to say you failed if you don't win the Super Bowl. OK that's the ultimate goal but only 1/32 teams can win it. Even the Patriots should be reasonably satisfied with getting to the conference game. I'm sure they won't be but that's top 4 of 32. Especially if you haven't made it for a while even making the playoffs has to be seen as an achievement. I remember a few years ago, the year the Broncos won it, walking down the road with my Steelers cap on and some guy says to me "The Steelers didn't do too well this year". My immediate response was "yeah we did - we won a playoff game". The other guy wouldn't have that. We won our first playoff game for 5 years, at Cincinnati, before narrowly going out to the Broncos in Denver in the divisionals, who went on to win the whole thing. That's a good season. You can't say anything bar a SB victory is a failure.

i think its the same in pretty much all sports, expectations are the key.

once they are met everything else is a cherry on top.
Old 21.01.2018, 06:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
i think its the same in pretty much all sports, expectations are the key.

once they are met everything else is a cherry on top.
Looking through a few lists of the greatest single season turnarounds, the Jags are either the biggest ever or second to the greatest show on turf depending how you spin it.
To say we should be pleased is an understatement. Of course it will hurt if (when?) we lose tonight. But in the long run its quite an achievement...
Old 21.01.2018, 06:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
Well either the Pats are playing the system and listing a player as questionable (50% chance of playing remember) who is essentially certain of playing or the injury is something important.

I'll leave you to decide which it is
think you are mistaking the Steelers/Seahawks/Colts with the Patriots.pretty sure Belichick knows how the injury report works and any and all injuries are fully listed UNLIKE some other teams who "forgot" to list the odd groin injury or an ACL sprain in the last year or two.

also since the NFL took away the probable category that only leaves questionable or doubtful pretty sure Brady is listed properly
Old 21.01.2018, 06:43 PM
All Pro

I,m really tempted to go for a Jags win here, not just a win, but a surprisingly easy one-BUT i,m not convinced Fournette is 100% after last week, no doubt he will have a couple of paracetomol before the game, but its still chancy.Thing is, as we know, Jags dont want to have Bortles trying to get them back in the game if they fall behind too far, so the first drive from the Pats will be interesting-do they come out trying to get that big lead or run it a lot? A lot of runs may see the Jags keeping it tight first half and still have a shot. Do the Jags have it in them to rack up a big score to stay in touch? I think about what Jimmy G did to them-made the D look very average.
Old 21.01.2018, 06:59 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
think you are mistaking the Steelers/Seahawks/Colts with the Patriots.pretty sure Belichick knows how the injury report works and any and all injuries are fully listed UNLIKE some other teams who "forgot" to list the odd groin injury or an ACL sprain in the last year or two.

also since the NFL took away the probable category that only leaves questionable or doubtful pretty sure Brady is listed properly
he just goes the other way and list everyone, so no one is sure who is really hurt.

so pretty much none of your players can be seen as really hurt unless they miss the game.
Old 21.01.2018, 07:01 PM
Pro Bowler

They managed ok last time without him but I'm sure the Jags will be pleased to here Alan Branch is out.
Old 21.01.2018, 07:03 PM
All Pro

Try to keep my predictions to the last minute-you never know what might happen! imagine if Brady went out on the beer with his "mates" and Giselle hit him with a frying pan? "Now thats a ****** concussion!"
Old 21.01.2018, 07:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post

I missed the rule change, not going to lie. So considering he had stitches, you're absolutely right on Brady this week, questionable is spot in for the injury report