Minnesota Vikings thread (Kings of the NFC NORSE) - Page 52 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Minnesota Vikings

Old 27.03.2005, 02:23 PM
All Pro

Default Re:Minnesota Vikings thread (Kings of the NFC NORSE)

[quote author=kennbry link=board=1;threadid=7754;start=495#msg191853 date=1111527770]
what would ye be willing to trade to move up in order to secure one of the top 2 receivers. I'd hate to lose #18 unless we got early 2nd round in place, wouldn't mind losing 3rd round though.
[/quote]

I'd be dead against giving up #18 or the 2nd rounder for anything. I'd possibly consider the 3rd rounder and would gladly give up anything from fourth round downwards ;D

I'd love to get either Williams or Edwards but if we can't get them at #7 then so be it, I don't see the need in doing some stupid trade up just to get one of them.

Who knows the next time we'll have 2 picks in the top 18 and I'd rather use both of them to strengthen different areas of the team than give 'em up just to get one player.

BTW Does anyone else want the draft to just come and go, we've still got 3-4 weeks to go and everything that can be said has probably been said. I even found myself thinking about next years draft yesterday!
Old 27.03.2005, 03:50 PM
All Pro

It is hard waiting for it isn't it,
I kind of coming around to the idea of if we have to trade up to get Mike Williams we should do it, he is going to be absolutely amazing.
I've been reading quotes from both Matt Leinert and Carson Palmer who said that he made them so much better and helped Palmer win the Heisman and just imagining all 6'5" and 230lbs of him in the end zone catching many many TD's from DC. I reckon he's going to Chicago though unless we can pick in Clevelands place. Even if we did trade #18 we could try get another 2nd rounder to pick up a Guard and Mike Nugent the kicker. Reckon as well we should trade Bennett and I'd love to see us pick up Maurice Clarett in one of the later rounds. He'd be a 2-3 year project but it can't be forgotten that when he played he was the best college back in the country.

Reckon we should enjoy this years draft though it's not going to be much fun picking at #32 next year
Old 27.03.2005, 09:35 PM
All Pro

I'd love to see at least 1, and preferably 2 backs traded. They may not have serious value but they must be worth somewhere around a 2nd rounder a piece.

If we got another 2 2nd round picks from somewhere, or even 2 more 3rd rounders, thats some real trade fodder come the actual draft, meaning we may be able to move up without giving up #18 or Nugent if we want him.
Old 27.03.2005, 09:55 PM
All Pro

I doubt anybody would even consider giving us 2nd round pick for either Bennett or Smith, there's too much baggage and history with the both of them.

At best I'd guess maybe a 3rd for Bennett and 4th for Smith.
Old 27.03.2005, 10:00 PM
All Pro

Was just about to say that. No chance whatsoever of moving Smith. Who'd even risk a 4th rounder on him. He's a decent player though and has every chance to start for us next year. Bennett is different though, somebody would most likely take a chance on his home run speed. Pretty good chance they're both going to be around in training camp unless Bennett gets traded at the draft.
Old 28.03.2005, 01:03 AM
All Pro

A lot of teams are pretty high on Smith, but for his off-field problems. I'm just sick of this 4 back situation and i'd really like to get shot of at least one and ideally 2 of them. I really like 3 of our backs and i can't even imagine how hard it must be for the coaching staff, but it'd be a lot easier if they got rid of 2 of them and got some trade worth in return.

Ideally i'd trade Bennet and Smith, hand the starting job to Moore, with Moe for short yardage and draft Clarett in a late round or as a rookie FA if he isn't drafted just to see what he has..

Would make it more interesting anyway :P, there's always Culpepper to run it if we get desperate
Old 28.03.2005, 11:14 AM
All Pro

It definitely would make it easier for the coaching staff getting rid of one of them alright but they all seem to offer something different. I think Smith is my favourite of the lot but in the games he started last year he never had 100 yards. Although I think he had 96 or so and 60 receiving with a TD.

The problem with Bennett is that if he has a big year he'll probably leave in FA next off-season and we'd get nothing for him. Thats why I think we should trade him and try get a 3rd rounder, let Moore and Smith fight it out for the starting job. But then again if Bennett is looking good and Tice reckons he's back to his pro-bowl best maybe we should just keep them all, we did need them all last year.
Old 28.03.2005, 11:50 AM
All Pro

Think Smith is probably my least favourite of all of our backs, but before the drugs stuff i think he had the biggest trade value.

I like Bennet if he stays fit, and i love both Moore and Moe Williams (the way Moe stepped in a couple of seasons back was brilliant, and the guy NEVER loses yards).

I could live with losing Bennet cos i doubt he'll stay fit, but i'd happily axe Smith, cos i think he has a ceiling of production.
Old 28.03.2005, 02:31 PM
All Pro

Let's go Vikings!
Old 29.03.2005, 12:25 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Monie link=board=1;threadid=7754;start=510#msg194006 date=1112010631]
Think Smith is probably my least favourite of all of our backs, but before the drugs stuff i think he had the biggest trade value.

I like Bennet if he stays fit, and i love both Moore and Moe Williams (the way Moe stepped in a couple of seasons back was brilliant, and the guy NEVER loses yards).

I could live with losing Bennet cos i doubt he'll stay fit, but i'd happily axe Smith, cos i think he has a ceiling of production.
[/quote]

IMO, I think we should definitely keep Moore, I think he's got great potential. For me, Smith was inconsistent all of last season.