What Grinds Your Gears - Page 1007 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #10061  
Old 16.06.2014, 07:50 AM
kev macca's Avatar
kev macca kev macca is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.09.2006
Posts: 2,217
Default

It grinds my gears that as a nation we seem to of accepted being losers. England lost to italy and all you hear is lots of posiives and youngsters will get the experience for the next world cup. What a load of tosh. We lost we should not be happy with losing and forget the next world cup in four years you win in the here and now. We might not even qualify in four years time-unless the rest of the world decide to do nothing and let us catch up our youngsters will be the same as other countries youngsters.
Reply With Quote
  #10062  
Old 16.06.2014, 07:54 AM
unknown brother's Avatar
unknown brother unknown brother is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 14.01.2012
Posts: 3,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
It grinds my gears that as a nation we seem to of accepted being losers. England lost to italy and all you hear is lots of posiives and youngsters will get the experience for the next world cup. What a load of tosh. We lost we should not be happy with losing and forget the next world cup in four years you win in the here and now. We might not even qualify in four years time-unless the rest of the world decide to do nothing and let us catch up our youngsters will be the same as other countries youngsters.
The reason we're happy is because we actually played well rather than the usual drab we see.
Reply With Quote
  #10063  
Old 16.06.2014, 08:00 AM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
It grinds my gears that as a nation we seem to of accepted being losers. England lost to italy and all you hear is lots of posiives and youngsters will get the experience for the next world cup. What a load of tosh. We lost we should not be happy with losing and forget the next world cup in four years you win in the here and now. We might not even qualify in four years time-unless the rest of the world decide to do nothing and let us catch up our youngsters will be the same as other countries youngsters.
The reason why are happy is what MJ said, plus its only the World Cup its not like its the Champions League, the real pinnacle of the sport.
Reply With Quote
  #10064  
Old 16.06.2014, 08:05 AM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
Cos he made you and gave you the ablitiy to do the task
He or she created everyone and left us to live our lives in his or her honour, what we do on the sports field is down to our dedication and skill.
Time and a place for preachy behaviour, just seems daft to thank God when both sides are as God fearing as the other............so God favoured the Seahawks over the Broncos?!
Reply With Quote
  #10065  
Old 16.06.2014, 08:05 AM
kev macca's Avatar
kev macca kev macca is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.09.2006
Posts: 2,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingJay33 View Post
The reason we're happy is because we actually played well rather than the usual drab we see.
Plucky losers. I will fetch the party poppers. I couldn't care less if we scraped 1-0 wins all the way through the competition if we won it
Reply With Quote
  #10066  
Old 16.06.2014, 08:09 AM
Boatman's Avatar
Boatman Boatman is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 03.09.2008
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
He or she created everyone and left us to live our lives in his or her honour, what we do on the sports field is down to our dedication and skill.
Time and a place for preachy behaviour, just seems daft to thank God when both sides are as God fearing as the other............so God favoured the Seahawks over the Broncos?!
'If god be with us, who should be against us'
Reply With Quote
  #10067  
Old 16.06.2014, 08:10 AM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
Plucky losers. I will fetch the party poppers. I couldn't care less if we scraped 1-0 wins all the way through the competition if we won it
I would rather we didn't win as the reaction would be unbearable.
Reply With Quote
  #10068  
Old 16.06.2014, 08:12 AM
kev macca's Avatar
kev macca kev macca is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.09.2006
Posts: 2,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
I would rather we didn't win as the reaction would be unbearable.
Shame on you. Shame!!
Reply With Quote
  #10069  
Old 16.06.2014, 08:13 AM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
Shame on you. Shame!!
We make false Gods of the idiots in our Soccer team
at least most of the Rugby Union stars have an IQ.
That I can get behind 110%


Imagine it the inane New Years list
with Sir Wayne Rooney Sir Stevie G etc
Reply With Quote
  #10070  
Old 16.06.2014, 08:19 AM
kev macca's Avatar
kev macca kev macca is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.09.2006
Posts: 2,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
We make false Gods of the idiots in our Soccer team
at least most of the Rugby Union stars have an IQ.
That I can get behind 110%


Imagine it the inane New Years list
with Sir Wayne Rooney Sir Stevie G etc
What does intelligence and what people who are highly educated chose to award sports stars got to do with winning.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 10:17 AM.