Terrestrial/Free To Air NFL Coverage Discussion - Page 38 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 12.08.2015, 10:52 AM
All Pro

There's now talk on Twitter (generally people that have some BBC source) that the BBC will only pick up the Super Bowl, Wembley games and (maybe) playoff highlights.

(let the red, capital, large font posts commence...)

Last edited by jonno; 12.08.2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12.08.2015, 11:01 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
There's now talk on Twitter (generally people that have some BBC source) that the BBC will only pick up the Super Bowl, Wembley games and (maybe) playoff highlights.

(let the red, capital, large font posts commence...)
Oh lord...tin hats on everybody!
Old 12.08.2015, 12:22 PM
Team Captain

Mike Carlson tweeted this on Saturday
Quote:
C4 will not be showing any NFL. Part of the pkg will likely wind up on terrestrial, but prob not the SNF. That's all I know now
https://twitter.com/Carlsonsports/st...25600917090304

So could British Eurosport or Sky land SNF? Either a malfunction or by intent Sky seemingly took down their entire live NFL game listings soon after two Sunday 6pm/9pm games were spotted there about two weeks ago (post #11) but wasn't it too early to select the early Sunday games or make them known anyway?
https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=106026&page=2
Old 12.08.2015, 12:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsmiths View Post
Mike Carlson tweeted this on Saturday

https://twitter.com/Carlsonsports/st...25600917090304

So could British Eurosport or Sky land SNF? Either a malfunction or by intent Sky seemingly took down their entire live NFL game listings soon after two Sunday 6pm/9pm games were spotted there about two weeks ago (post #11) but wasn't it too early to select the early Sunday games or make them known anyway?
https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=106026&page=2
Looks like the current set up will be (according to rumours)

Super Bowl 50 on BBC2 (or pregame Red Button and live game BBC1 5 mins after MOTD2 ends)
Wembley Games live on Red Button (probably highlights after MOTD2 on BBC1)
Playoff highlights - no news as yet but likely on BBC2 if like last time BBC had it.

SNF - unknown but BBC unlikely to show it.
Old 12.08.2015, 01:01 PM
All Pro

My guess is that Sky will be carrying SNF. I wouldve imagined an announcement by now if it was anybody else, I'll wagwr is that early in the opening game coverage we'll see Neil announce that new for 2015 is Sunday Night Football and theyll present it through themselves or just a simulcast from the US
Old 12.08.2015, 01:34 PM
Pro

Quote:

Super Bowl 50 on BBC2 (or pregame Red Button and live game BBC1 5 mins after MOTD2 ends)
Playoff highlights - no news as yet but likely on BBC2 if like last time BBC had it.

If this is true, it's very disappointing. I really enjoyed CH4s coverage the past 2 years and was looking forward to more. NFLUK talk about growing the game in this country but not having FTA regular season coverage will not help. I for one will not be signing up to Sky to watch.

On CH4, do we know why they are not showing NFL this year, was it the money or some other reason?
Old 12.08.2015, 01:42 PM
GOAT

Quote:

let the full on panic ensue

games behind the red button are never a good thing, although if it included a highlights shown at 7pm on BBC3 that would at least be something.

it seems like the best case scenario is that Sky get SNF and agree to show NFL content on one of the FTA channels (i believe Pick and Challenge would be solid options.)
Old 12.08.2015, 01:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
let the full on panic ensue
I've got that scene from Airplane in mind - "By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"
Old 12.08.2015, 04:47 PM
Rookie

I don't post on here very often but if there are no regular season live games going to be shown on FTA then that is worse than disappointing. A highlights show on BBC3 just won't cut it for me. Can Channel 5 still be tempted? NFL is one of the highlights of the Autumn/Winter when the nights start to draw in along with Mike Carlson and like many people I can't afford to submit to Sky.
Old 12.08.2015, 05:40 PM
All Pro

I am sure there will be FTA coverage through the season. Having already lost all off season coverage on tv, along with all news programming during the season, we are not left with much on TV compared to a few years ago. In fact it is pretty pathetic.
If FTA coverage goes, then that will unfortunately be another knock back for the NFL in the UK.