Week 12. Thanksgiving Day Games on Sky - Page 12 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 24.11.2017, 12:54 PM
Team Captain

Ah, the annual explanation to my clueless work colleagues as to why I've booked off a holiday to watch 3 NFL games in a row live....

"Why don't you record it?" Because I want to watch it live.
"But you're not American" And you're not listening.
"Who's your team then?" That team that's been hanging on the wall since January, see the calendar?
"What a waste of a holiday" Good job it's mine then.

I'm sure you all have the same scenario with ignorant colleagues, friends or family, that NEVER take it in. Even though this is the 30th year I've been following the game, it never changes...

And to top it off, we go and lose again.

Oh dear....
Sponsored Links
Old 24.11.2017, 01:01 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Dallas is currently one of, if not the worst team in the league. That final scoreline flattered them! The offence has zero explosive players no Zeke is out, Dez cannot seperate anymore, he is not a number 1 WR - he got old real fast. Cole Beasley is missing in action and Terrance Williams is as he always has been, very hot and cold. Witten knows what to do, but catching a 5 yard hitch route is basically as good as it gets for him, the Cowboys need to get more athleticism from their TE position next season. They really need an influx of playmakers this off season...

The defence as ever without Sean Lee is just a complete disaster. How a unit can be so reliant on one player is beyond me.

Jason Garrett must go. What does he offer? He just stands there chewing gum, clapping. He doesn't appear to be a "ra-ra" guy, he doesn't get involved in either side of the ball? What does he actually do?
I wouldn't say the worst, and I don't think Garrett has to go, I do believe this season hasn't been kind to us, but we still have 5 games to play so anything can happen. Look at Green Bay when everyone wrote them off. Who knows.
Old 25.11.2017, 10:16 AM
All Pro

Just the same as the previous week, we had a good first half then a complete disaster 2nd. Seems teams can make adjustments at half time to score points, and Cowboys cant.Of course, very one dimensional offense at the moment without Zeke, i was hoping either Morris or Smith could carry the ball and ease the pressure on Dak but it clearly aint happening. Hard to find any positives really apart from maybe the O Line doing an ok job under the circumstances.Joey Bosa is some player! On one play he went past all pro/pro bowler Martin before he could get into any blocking positionWill the playoffs be possible? probably more so for the Chargers at this stage! Vikings are all but there already, the D is one of if not the best in the NFL at the mo-such a shame they are without Cook or i think they might go all the way? Dont rate Murray at all. On one play all he had to do was jink for a TD and he ran straight into a defender!
Old 25.11.2017, 06:22 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Dallas is currently one of, if not the worst team in the league. That final scoreline flattered them! The offence has zero explosive players no Zeke is out, Dez cannot seperate anymore, he is not a number 1 WR - he got old real fast. Cole Beasley is missing in action and Terrance Williams is as he always has been, very hot and cold. Witten knows what to do, but catching a 5 yard hitch route is basically as good as it gets for him, the Cowboys need to get more athleticism from their TE position next season. They really need an influx of playmakers this off season...

The defence as ever without Sean Lee is just a complete disaster. How a unit can be so reliant on one player is beyond me.

Jason Garrett must go. What does he offer? He just stands there chewing gum, clapping. He doesn't appear to be a "ra-ra" guy, he doesn't get involved in either side of the ball? What does he actually do?
the cowboys have scored 22 pts in there last 3 games.the Bills on sunday with a QB throwing 5ints in the 1st half BUT still managed more than that in 1 game.can we now see why Dak was a 4th round QB,he can play well with a dominating o-line and a run game that make teams stack the box but take away a few piece's and does he look any better than say a Trevor Siemian??

the cowboys seem to have one of the biggest coaching staffs with passing game co-ordinators but there headcoach just seems to "clap" a lot even after awful 3 and outs.guess Jerry doesn't want any bigger personalities stealing his limelight so expect Garrett to get an extension this off-season.
Old 26.11.2017, 01:09 PM
All Pro

Think defenses have worked this out, without Zeke , there is a poor run game, play action falls off, Ds drop back in coverage, Bryant cant get a sniff, and Dak seems like his feet are stuck in mud on passing plays-bring pressure on him and a faultering o line = win