Raiders v Seahawks Possibly Moving to Wembley - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 13.08.2018, 07:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erndog View Post
NFL UK really messed up on this one. Should have just put the game at Wembley from the start!
Nope, the NFL were working on guarantees from Tottenham.

Didnt see Minnesota or Atlanta's stadiums missing their starting date.

At least all the Wembley lovers will be wet with excitement over the news.
Sponsored Links
Old 13.08.2018, 07:58 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post

I wonder who takes the hit on the likely financial loss. With the tickets going on sale so late it will likely not sell out at Wembley (didn't that happen when we had just the one game one year and the match wasn't confirmed until very late?).

Only hospitality was sold for Tottenham, but you'd assume that not everyone would want to retain those tickets for Wembley. Having not been "invited" to purchase a Hospitality Ticket myself (looks like only selected people got that e-mail) I don't know if there was a clause about no refunds if the NFL changed stadiums.
Old 13.08.2018, 08:17 PM
Pro

Quote:

I'm super wet thanks. Common sense prevails.
Very happy its not at Spuds ground. Happy for NFL to play there once the ground is actually complete and useable, something that will not happen until late October, but until then stick to Wembley or Twickers.
Old 13.08.2018, 08:37 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centre Court View Post
I wonder who takes the hit on the likely financial loss. With the tickets going on sale so late it will likely not sell out at Wembley (didn't that happen when we had just the one game one year and the match wasn't confirmed until very late?).

Only hospitality was sold for Tottenham, but you'd assume that not everyone would want to retain those tickets for Wembley. Having not been "invited" to purchase a Hospitality Ticket myself (looks like only selected people got that e-mail) I don't know if there was a clause about no refunds if the NFL changed stadiums.
Yes the Bears vs. Bucs game in 2011 wasn't a sell-out because the tickets didn't go on sale until around this time of year because of the lock-out that year.
Old 13.08.2018, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erndog View Post
NFL UK really messed up on this one. Should have just put the game at Wembley from the start!
They should’ve waited until 2019 before playing any games at Tottenham. It always felt a bit rushed to try and stage a game this year while the paint was still drying.
Old 13.08.2018, 10:15 PM
Starter

If they really cared about the fans, they would use this opportunity to give season ticket holders the chance to add the Seahawks game to their season tickets for a reduced price. If all three games were going to be at Wembley from the beginning, this would have been reflected in the season ticket price. So why should it be different now?

I am not holding my breath, pretty sure they'll make us buy Seahawks tickets as a stand-alone event.
Old 14.08.2018, 05:52 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed7 View Post
If they really cared about the fans, they would use this opportunity to give season ticket holders the chance to add the Seahawks game to their season tickets for a reduced price. If all three games were going to be at Wembley from the beginning, this would have been reflected in the season ticket price. So why should it be different now?

I am not holding my breath, pretty sure they'll make us buy Seahawks tickets as a stand-alone event.
I am expecting them to keep it a standalone event like was always intended to be when it was scheduled to be at Tottenham but your idea is a very good one, would help them fill the stadium and would be a way of giving back to their loyal fans after this mess.
Old 14.08.2018, 06:40 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed7 View Post

This. ST should get it added on and rightly so. Which means it will be a stand alone !
Old 14.08.2018, 06:47 AM
Pro

Quote:

Its not about being wet with excitement as its now at Wembley. its about a venue that holds enough for the demand. I have 7 ST at Wembley and was having the difficult decision with friends on which 3 were going to miss out on going.
Old 14.08.2018, 07:04 AM
Rookie

Not a huge fan of Wembley but happy with the switch because i'm more likely to get a ticket now. Any ideas when the extra tickets will go on sale?