Raiders v Seahawks Possibly Moving to Wembley - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 13.08.2018, 07:27 PM
AfcBOli27's Avatar
AfcBOli27 AfcBOli27 is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 31.08.2013
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erndog View Post
NFL UK really messed up on this one. Should have just put the game at Wembley from the start!
Nope, the NFL were working on guarantees from Tottenham.

Didnt see Minnesota or Atlanta's stadiums missing their starting date.

At least all the Wembley lovers will be wet with excitement over the news.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old 13.08.2018, 07:58 PM
Centre Court Centre Court is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 07.09.2014
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
Nope, the NFL were working on guarantees from Tottenham.

Didnt see Minnesota or Atlanta's stadiums missing their starting date.

At least all the Wembley lovers will be wet with excitement over the news.
I wonder who takes the hit on the likely financial loss. With the tickets going on sale so late it will likely not sell out at Wembley (didn't that happen when we had just the one game one year and the match wasn't confirmed until very late?).

Only hospitality was sold for Tottenham, but you'd assume that not everyone would want to retain those tickets for Wembley. Having not been "invited" to purchase a Hospitality Ticket myself (looks like only selected people got that e-mail) I don't know if there was a clause about no refunds if the NFL changed stadiums.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 13.08.2018, 08:17 PM
jediknight49's Avatar
jediknight49 jediknight49 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2003
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
Nope, the NFL were working on guarantees from Tottenham.

Didnt see Minnesota or Atlanta's stadiums missing their starting date.

At least all the Wembley lovers will be wet with excitement over the news.
I'm super wet thanks. Common sense prevails.
Very happy its not at Spuds ground. Happy for NFL to play there once the ground is actually complete and useable, something that will not happen until late October, but until then stick to Wembley or Twickers.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 13.08.2018, 08:37 PM
hobsgrg's Avatar
hobsgrg hobsgrg is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 31.10.2004
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centre Court View Post
I wonder who takes the hit on the likely financial loss. With the tickets going on sale so late it will likely not sell out at Wembley (didn't that happen when we had just the one game one year and the match wasn't confirmed until very late?).

Only hospitality was sold for Tottenham, but you'd assume that not everyone would want to retain those tickets for Wembley. Having not been "invited" to purchase a Hospitality Ticket myself (looks like only selected people got that e-mail) I don't know if there was a clause about no refunds if the NFL changed stadiums.
Yes the Bears vs. Bucs game in 2011 wasn't a sell-out because the tickets didn't go on sale until around this time of year because of the lock-out that year.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 13.08.2018, 09:58 PM
boknows34's Avatar
boknows34 boknows34 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 03.03.2006
Posts: 15,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erndog View Post
NFL UK really messed up on this one. Should have just put the game at Wembley from the start!
They should’ve waited until 2019 before playing any games at Tottenham. It always felt a bit rushed to try and stage a game this year while the paint was still drying.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 13.08.2018, 10:15 PM
Mohamed7's Avatar
Mohamed7 Mohamed7 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 27.10.2008
Posts: 111
Default

If they really cared about the fans, they would use this opportunity to give season ticket holders the chance to add the Seahawks game to their season tickets for a reduced price. If all three games were going to be at Wembley from the beginning, this would have been reflected in the season ticket price. So why should it be different now?

I am not holding my breath, pretty sure they'll make us buy Seahawks tickets as a stand-alone event.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 14.08.2018, 05:52 AM
hobsgrg's Avatar
hobsgrg hobsgrg is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 31.10.2004
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed7 View Post
If they really cared about the fans, they would use this opportunity to give season ticket holders the chance to add the Seahawks game to their season tickets for a reduced price. If all three games were going to be at Wembley from the beginning, this would have been reflected in the season ticket price. So why should it be different now?

I am not holding my breath, pretty sure they'll make us buy Seahawks tickets as a stand-alone event.
I am expecting them to keep it a standalone event like was always intended to be when it was scheduled to be at Tottenham but your idea is a very good one, would help them fill the stadium and would be a way of giving back to their loyal fans after this mess.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 14.08.2018, 06:40 AM
Marcus Allens Retrobates's Avatar
Marcus Allens Retrobates Marcus Allens Retrobates is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 30.10.2012
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed7 View Post
If they really cared about the fans, they would use this opportunity to give season ticket holders the chance to add the Seahawks game to their season tickets for a reduced price. If all three games were going to be at Wembley from the beginning, this would have been reflected in the season ticket price. So why should it be different now?

I am not holding my breath, pretty sure they'll make us buy Seahawks tickets as a stand-alone event.
This. ST should get it added on and rightly so. Which means it will be a stand alone !
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 14.08.2018, 06:47 AM
Marcus Allens Retrobates's Avatar
Marcus Allens Retrobates Marcus Allens Retrobates is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 30.10.2012
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
Nope, the NFL were working on guarantees from Tottenham.

Didnt see Minnesota or Atlanta's stadiums missing their starting date.

At least all the Wembley lovers will be wet with excitement over the news.
Its not about being wet with excitement as its now at Wembley. its about a venue that holds enough for the demand. I have 7 ST at Wembley and was having the difficult decision with friends on which 3 were going to miss out on going.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 14.08.2018, 07:04 AM
rich202's Avatar
rich202 rich202 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 10.09.2006
Posts: 27
Default

Not a huge fan of Wembley but happy with the switch because i'm more likely to get a ticket now. Any ideas when the extra tickets will go on sale?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 06:03 AM.