Dawg Pound Introductions! - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 14.10.2016, 01:17 PM
Pro

It would appear you have another Blade going the Dawg pound.

NAME - Luke

AGE - 27

LOCATION - Sheffield

BROWNS FAN SINCE - About six months

WHY THE BROWNS - I've been a Packers fan for about fifteen years but I don't get the same emotional punishment watching the Pack as I'm used to being a Sheffield United fan. I know it sounds a bit daft but being a Sheffielder I find it really hard to emotionally invest in a team when you expect them to win most weeks.

I'd been looking for a 'second' team for a while and then I read/saw a series of books and documentaries that nailed me to the Browns mast.

After falling for the history I started watching the Browns on gamepass this season and knew I'd found my team when I celebrated a Cody Kessler third down conversion more than an Aaron Rodgers hail mary TD.

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES - Gamepass

FIRST BROWNS MEMORY - Carson Wentz and the Eagles doing what Carson Wentz and the Eagles are going to do for the next ten years.

BEST BROWNS MEMORY - Hmm. I've watched five games and we've lost them all. In terms of jumping off the sofa reaction it's gotta be Kessler marching us straight down the field to tie against the Patriots.

WORST BROWNS MEMORY - I got quite teary watching the Cleveland 95 documentary. I don't really know who this Art Modell clown I dislike him.

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER - I am pulling hard for RG3 to make a glorious comeback.

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER - I love what I've seen of Jim Brown and I've enjoyed reading Marion Motley's story.

FAVOURITE NON BROWNS PLAYER - Aaron Rodgers.

From the rookies, Ezekiel Elliot and Joey Bosa look fantastic.

Also hate to say it but Brady is a joy to watch.

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - Whoever Rex Ryan is coaching and the Cowboys.

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Packers
Sponsored Links
Old 25.10.2016, 10:52 PM
All Pro

Welcome aboard Luke , you've come to the right place if you're looking for pain

So this means the Packers are a fan down wow then hummmm about a mutual exchange? ;-)
Old 26.10.2016, 06:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrGoatum View Post
It would appear you have another Blade going the Dawg pound.

NAME - Luke

AGE - 27

LOCATION - Sheffield

BROWNS FAN SINCE - About six months

WHY THE BROWNS - I've been a Packers fan for about fifteen years but I don't get the same emotional punishment watching the Pack as I'm used to being a Sheffield United fan. I know it sounds a bit daft but being a Sheffielder I find it really hard to emotionally invest in a team when you expect them to win most weeks.

I'd been looking for a 'second' team for a while and then I read/saw a series of books and documentaries that nailed me to the Browns mast.

After falling for the history I started watching the Browns on gamepass this season and knew I'd found my team when I celebrated a Cody Kessler third down conversion more than an Aaron Rodgers hail mary TD.

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES - Gamepass

FIRST BROWNS MEMORY - Carson Wentz and the Eagles doing what Carson Wentz and the Eagles are going to do for the next ten years.

BEST BROWNS MEMORY - Hmm. I've watched five games and we've lost them all. In terms of jumping off the sofa reaction it's gotta be Kessler marching us straight down the field to tie against the Patriots.

WORST BROWNS MEMORY - I got quite teary watching the Cleveland 95 documentary. I don't really know who this Art Modell clown I dislike him.

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER - I am pulling hard for RG3 to make a glorious comeback.

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER - I love what I've seen of Jim Brown and I've enjoyed reading Marion Motley's story.

FAVOURITE NON BROWNS PLAYER - Aaron Rodgers.

From the rookies, Ezekiel Elliot and Joey Bosa look fantastic.

Also hate to say it but Brady is a joy to watch.

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - Whoever Rex Ryan is coaching and the Cowboys.

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Packers
Can I recommend, with relevance to this week's game, the Browns double overtime game vs the Jets? If you can catch some of that, it was fantastic and, as there is a tribute this week, it will be referenced during game time.
I still remember listening to the game on American Armed Forces radio, picturing the plays being described and then watching the game on C4 in glorious technicolor after.

Just watching the games then, with the fans barking and lobbing dog biscuits on to the pitch, I so wanted to be able to go to USA to go to a game... with the added bonus of time off school. It was never going to happen.
Old 26.10.2016, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
Can I recommend, with relevance to this week's game, the Browns double overtime game vs the Jets? If you can catch some of that, it was fantastic and, as there is a tribute this week, it will be referenced during game time.
I still remember listening to the game on American Armed Forces radio, picturing the plays being described and then watching the game on C4 in glorious technicolor after.

Just watching the games then, with the fans barking and lobbing dog biscuits on to the pitch, I so wanted to be able to go to USA to go to a game... with the added bonus of time off school. It was never going to happen.
I would personally advise against watching that terrible game...
Old 16.04.2017, 03:14 PM
Starter

NAME - Stephen

AGE - 41

LOCATION - Teesside

BROWNS FAN SINCE - I had a passing interest in the sport right back to the channel 4 days and always liked the Browns. Took a real interest from about 2010 onwards

WHY THE BROWNS - Our area was also called Cleveland for a while.

HOW DO YOU WATCH OUR GAMES - Red Zone on sky

FIRST BROWNS MEMORY - Not sure, its blurry!

BEST BROWNS MEMORY - Winning their first game against the Chargers to stop the 0-16

WORST BROWNS MEMORY - Take your pick. For some reason Jeremy Hill running all over them and jumping into the dawg pound a few years ago still winds me up.

FAVOURITE CURRENT PLAYER - Joe Thomas

FAVOURITE ALL TIME PLAYER - Bernie Kosar

FAVOURITE NON BROWNS PLAYER - JJ Watt

BROWNS GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE AND WHEN? - Haven't, but going to Twickenham

BEST GAME / TAILGATE EXPERIENCE -

TEAMS I DISLIKE THE MOST - Steelers

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Middlesbrough, Yorkshire CCC, Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, but like to see the Cavs and Indians do well too
Old 16.04.2017, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums!
Old 18.04.2017, 11:02 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBrownInTown View Post
NAME - Stephen

AGE - 41

LOCATION - Teesside

BROWNS FAN SINCE - I had a passing interest in the sport right back to the channel 4 days and always liked the Browns. Took a real interest from about 2010 onwards

BEST BROWNS MEMORY - Winning their first game against the Chargers to stop the 0-16

WORST BROWNS MEMORY - Take your pick. For some reason Jeremy Hill running all over them and jumping into the dawg pound a few years ago still winds me up.

OTHER TEAMS YOU FOLLOW - Middlesbrough, Yorkshire CCC, Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, but like to see the Cavs and Indians do well too
See you in London
Old 22.09.2017, 03:25 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBrownInTown View Post
NAME - Stephen

AGE - 41

LOCATION - Teesside

Welcome aboard Stephen, we've got a growing group now in the north east - with Boro / Hartlepool + few lads in Newcastle n'all.

I see a north east meet up for a game on the cards soon.