The official Jacksonville Jaguars thread - Page 569 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 21.03.2017, 11:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
So that's all of the 2013 Draft Class gone then.

Big Sen'Derick has been cut and Roy Miller has been released too. Seeing as Campbell had been given No 93 I guess Tyson Alulau is off too?
To the Steelers on a two year contract.
Sponsored Links
Old 22.03.2017, 09:41 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
To the Steelers on a two year contract.
There's a reason that he lasted till this far in free agency and I'm pretty sure it wasn't that he was driving a hard bargin
Old 22.03.2017, 06:37 PM
All Pro

Here is my third round pick in the mock draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
With the 68th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

Adam Shaheen, Tight End, Ashland

Jacksonville Jaguars again need to use this pick to obtain a starter and strengthen the offense. QB Black Bortles still needs better protection and it has been well documented that the Jaguars didn't commend Julius Thomas' blocking game. Another thing that the Jaguars struggled with in 2016 is touchdowns, both rushing and receiving. Julius Thomas wasn't the touchdown machine that he was in Denver and Allen Robinson & Allen Hurns didn't have the same kind of year in 2016, compared to 2015 when it came to touchdowns. I love the wide receiver trio of Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns and Marquise Lee, but at times the offense has been too predictable, which is why I drafted RB Leonard Fournette and a new starting Tight End can help eradicate how predictable the team has been.

With TE Julius Thomas heading to Miami Dolphins, the starting Tight End position is up for grabs. Marcedes Lewis shows glimpses of why he was once a pro-bowler, but he doesn't gain many receptions, becomes injured and at 32 years old, isn't the long term soloution.
TE's Ben Koyac and Neal Sterling, both drafted in 2015 have only a small sample of game time, they will add depth and competition to Tight End position, but I wouldn't take either of them as the week 1 starter as they still need to prove themselves.

A lot of the Tight Ends in this class, have been mentioned as possibly playing out wide, or playing in the slot and receive glowing reviews about how good they are at receiving the ball. I would have taken Evan Engram, who went two picks ago, because he would be a steal for the 3rd round. I think with Adam Shaheen what the Jacksonville Jaguars will receive is a more well-rounded Tight End and ticks all the boxes in what I feel the starting Jacksonville Jaguars Tight End needs to be. At 6ft6 and 278lbs, he is one of the biggest Tight Ends. He can block, which with the current Jacksonville Jaguars Offensive Line is a requirement, he is still athletic enough to receive the ball regularly and will be an end zone threat.
Old 22.03.2017, 11:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Just signed a TE.
Old 24.03.2017, 07:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
With the 97th pick in the NFL 2017 draft, the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS select...

RODERICK JOHNSON, Offensive Tackle, Florida State

The Jacksonville Jaguars really need improvement on the offensive line, as I have mentioned in my previous three 'offensive' picks. I have already added Dion Dawkins in the second round as a guard and Leonard Fournette as a running back, who will need a good offensive line.

This pick was accumulated after picking up a later second round pick in a trade, where I picked Dion Dawkins later in the second round, rather than at the top. So from Jacksonville Jaguars 2nd round pick, they have acquired two offensive line players, Dion Dawkins and Roderick Johnson.

Roderick Johnson appears to have had an incredible 2015 season, but fell short of expectations in 2016. With Branden Albert and Jeremy Parnell as the Jaguars offensive tackles, there is no rush for Johnson to be a week 1 starter, so he has the time to recover his previous form. Lucky to have fallen to the end of the third round in my opinion, in a position of need and possibly the best player available.
I'd like to hear your opinions please.
Old 25.03.2017, 06:11 PM
Team Captain

I like him, as you said previously our O-line is in desperate need of an upgrade.

And you can never have enough former 'noles on the team either
Old 05.04.2017, 07:29 PM
All Pro

NFLUK 2017 Mock Draft
Jacksonville Jaguars

1st round - 4th - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
2nd round - 35th - Traded, obtaining picks 54, 97 and 163.
2nd round - 54th - Trade down for Dion Dawnkins, G, Temple
3rd round - 68th - Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
3rd round - 97th - Accumulated pick Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State
4th round - 110th - Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte
5th round - 148th - Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama
5th round - 163rd - Accumulated pick Jessamen Dunker, G, Tennessee
6th round - 187th - Ben Gedeon, MLB, Michigan
6th round - 195th - Trade up for Marquez White, CB, Florida State

I'm extremely happy with how this mock draft went and I'd be a very happy fan if the real thing went this way. Leading up to my second round pick, all of the players on my shortlist of 'those who might make it to 35th' went. The trading of the second round pick turned out to be fortuitous, as the player I was thinking of taking, ended up dropping to the 54th pick, so I accumulated two extra picks.

The focus of this draft was the offense, I'm happy with Jacksonville Jaguars current center (Brandon Linder) Wide Receiver corps and Black Bortles, yes, Blake Bortles. I still feel he will be the franchise Quarterback and that he needs a chance with the offensive line being addressed and a little bit of help from a new starting Tight End and Running Back. Quest complete!

Rushing touchdowns and franchise Running Backs have been missing in Jacksonville for a few years now. Rushing touchdowns need to be added to Jacksonville's game, to stop us being so predictable in the end zone. 3 yards Denard (Robinson) wasn't the answer, T.J Yeldon (when fit) hasn't look like a franchise Running Back and hasn't been able to drive into defenses and Chris Ivory, doesn't look like the same Running Back the New York Jets had and fumbles have been a concern. Step in Leonard Fournette!

There's no point in having a Running Back with Fournette's quality, if the Offensive Line is as broken as it was last year, I feel this has been addressed with a new starting Guard in Dion Dawkins and two more rookies fighting for a starting positions in Guard Jessamen Dunker and Tackle Roderick Johnson.

Adam Shaheen looks like the well-rounded Tight End that the Jaguars are seeking as the new starting Tight End. He was the Tight End on the board, that I was comfortable to select knowing he can block for Bortles and Fournette as well as being an end-zone presence.

The Defense received 4 new acquisitions, Defensive Tackle Larry Ogunjobi, should see some rotation. Eddie Jackson adds depth to the Safety corps. The ageing (yet mighty) Middle Linebacker, Paul Posluszny receives a backup in Ben Gedeon and Marquez White completes the draft by reuniting with fellow Florida State Corner Back, Jalen Ramsey.

Feedback welcomed!
Old 06.04.2017, 07:57 AM
All Pro

QB Deshaun Watson visiting Jacksonville...

I'm still wanting to give Blake Bortles another year, he'll prove himself.
Old 06.04.2017, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
QB Deshaun Watson visiting Jacksonville...

I'm still wanting to give Blake Bortles another year, he'll prove himself.
Think it's more likely to be a smokescreen tbh, to try and get a QB needy team to trade up with you. I'm not sold on Bortles, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jacksonville add a QB in the Draft, but not in the first round.

Think your OL was a big part of the problem last year, which is something you targeted pretty heavily in your mock Draft. If the Jags can improve their line, it should lead to a noticeable improvement from the running game (especially if they Draft Fournette!), which in turn will take some of the pressure off of Bortles.

It's unfortunate that this is seen as a relatively weak OL Draft class, but there's some good value to be found on day two/early day three. Again, going back to your mock, I think Dawkins and Johnson are two players who would quickly find their way into the Jaguars' lineup.
Old 19.04.2017, 09:25 PM
MVP

Well that's Marks, Miller, Odrick, Stuka, Alualu, Amukamara, Cyprien all gone. And Poz moving from MLB to the Strong side.

So we drafting Offense (presumably) Running Back or going D-Line in Round one?

Tags
#tealcurtain , anger is an energy , anger is god , don't look back in anger , pma , thefutureisnortman