New York Jets Thread - Page 754 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 12.04.2017, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

If I see one more Mock Draft that has us taking a QB at #6, someone's going to get hurt...

Right now, I'd narrow it down to one of these 6 (roughly in order of preference):

Marshon Lattimore
Malik Hooker
Jamal Adams
Leonard Fournette
O.J Howard
Mike Williams

Ideally, I still want us to trade down though. Should be able to find someone willing to move up (possibly Buffalo or Cleveland)...
Sponsored Links
Old 12.04.2017, 12:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
If I see one more Mock Draft that has us taking a QB at #6, someone's going to get hurt...

Right now, I'd narrow it down to one of these 6 (roughly in order of preference):

Marshon Lattimore
Malik Hooker
Jamal Adams
Leonard Fournette
O.J Howard
Mike Williams

Ideally, I still want us to trade down though. Should be able to find someone willing to move up (possibly Buffalo or Cleveland)...
I've stopped looking because even the "experts" seem to suck at taking picks for us, its either that they still believe we are clueless and are choosing what we will (I suspect this is the case as that is the point of a mock) or its a genuine (and incorrect) belief that taking a massive gamble is the only way to rebuild to success.

I would like Mock drafts to be supplemented by - what they should take drafts...

so we would have the this is what those crazy people will take - and the this is what they should take...
Old 12.04.2017, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Walterfootball's always good for a chuckle. Saw an article today from one of their readers saying we should trade up to #2 for Fournette in return for a 3rd rounder and Sheldon Richardson. I mean we're the Jets, so nothing would really surprise me, but seriously???
Old 12.04.2017, 03:39 PM
All Pro

I really don't want Lattimore. I don't think he's that good and is an injury risk. I've soured a bit on Williams too, largely due to his speed. I still think he'll be good, but I'm not sure he will be that uncoverable receiver that is worth a 6 now. I'm undecided on Fournette, he would require a level of due dilligence in terms of injuries and running style to be worth the 6 (as above others who could be had much later) that I can't commit with the resources I have available. And I still love Foster. Hooker or Adams are the most likely picks as far as I'm concerned.

This Jets need this, Jets need that annoys me too. Let's face it, the Jets need just about every position that isn't a 3-4 DL! Mac has said time and time again he's a pure BPA guy. No draft gurus seem to listen though. They still have us reaching for x or y because we need it every time though.
Old 13.04.2017, 10:05 AM
MVP

Agree on all that, when you have our roster BPA is the obviously route because barring one/maybe two positions we need it all...

but I will say that my BPA/everyone elses BPA and Mac's/FO BPA are probably miles apart.

I hope we just go for the sensible, this kid isn't injury prone, he hasn't had any serious attitude problems flagged up and he is gonna be a starter BPA approach.

Not the... if he lives up to his hype, stops taking drugs, partying, unlicensed boxing and trains he could be brilliant BPA approach...
Old 21.04.2017, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

The Jets' 2017 schedule:

WEEK 1 : at Bills
WEEK 2 : at Raiders
WEEK 3 : vs. Dolphins
WEEK 4 : vs. Jaguars
WEEK 5 : at Browns
WEEK 6 : vs. Patriots
WEEK 7 : at Dolphins
WEEK 8 : vs. Falcons
WEEK 9 : vs. Bills (Thursday Night Football)
WEEK 10 : at Bucs
WEEK 11 : BYE WEEK
WEEK 12 : vs. Panthers
WEEK 13 : vs. Chiefs
WEEK 14 : at Broncos
WEEK 15 : at Saints
WEEK 16 : vs Chargers
WEEK 17 : at Patriots

Pretty brutal after the bye week!

Only question is where in the top 5 will we be picking next year?
Old 21.04.2017, 07:59 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
The Jets' 2017 schedule:

WEEK 1 : at Bills
WEEK 2 : at Raiders
WEEK 3 : vs. Dolphins
WEEK 4 : vs. Jaguars
WEEK 5 : at Browns
WEEK 6 : vs. Patriots
WEEK 7 : at Dolphins
WEEK 8 : vs. Falcons
WEEK 9 : vs. Bills (Thursday Night Football)
WEEK 10 : at Bucs
WEEK 11 : BYE WEEK
WEEK 12 : vs. Panthers
WEEK 13 : vs. Chiefs
WEEK 14 : at Broncos
WEEK 15 : at Saints
WEEK 16 : vs Chargers
WEEK 17 : at Patriots

Pretty brutal after the bye week!

Only question is where in the top 5 will we be picking next year?
The irony in that schedule is Hack will probably get the second half of the season as I am sure McCown is pencilled in to start and has to go against brutal defences pretty much every week leading Media to write him off and Jets to go QB with the 1st Pick of the 2018 draft...heard it here first
Old 25.04.2017, 11:39 AM
MVP

Another NFL draft, another year where I didn't put in any effort to research on who we should take.

Just going off of scouting reports and in no real order of preference I think I'd be happy with one of Trubisky, Howard or Hooker at 6. Trubisky ticks the box for the tools you want in a QB, he still needs development but I think he's got the foundations of a franchise QB. Howard fills a massive need and would give us a franchise play maker, he seems like a safe bet too. Same for Hooker although slight concerns about health and only one year production.

I'm a bit uneasy about Adams or Lattimore but they are probably next in my wish list. Lattimore just feels like a health risk, he's only got one year of experience in an uber talented defense and corners take a while to develop at the pro level. I feel he has a higher risk of being a bust compared to other guys linked to us at 6. I know everyone raves about Adams but I just can't get excited about a safety playing close the line, you need to be truly special to be difference maker at that position and I question if Adams can live up to that hype.

We draft anyone else and I'll probably be very disappointed. Unless we trade down and get an extra pick or two. Hopes for day two is a true edge rusher.
Old 25.04.2017, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
Another NFL draft, another year where I didn't put in any effort to research on who we should take.

Just going off of scouting reports and in no real order of preference I think I'd be happy with one of Trubisky, Howard or Hooker at 6. Trubisky ticks the box for the tools you want in a QB, he still needs development but I think he's got the foundations of a franchise QB. Howard fills a massive need and would give us a franchise play maker, he seems like a safe bet too. Same for Hooker although slight concerns about health and only one year production.

I'm a bit uneasy about Adams or Lattimore but they are probably next in my wish list. Lattimore just feels like a health risk, he's only got one year of experience in an uber talented defense and corners take a while to develop at the pro level. I feel he has a higher risk of being a bust compared to other guys linked to us at 6. I know everyone raves about Adams but I just can't get excited about a safety playing close the line, you need to be truly special to be difference maker at that position and I question if Adams can live up to that hype.

We draft anyone else and I'll probably be very disappointed. Unless we trade down and get an extra pick or two. Hopes for day two is a true edge rusher.
If rumours are true, Hooker might be about to disappear off our radar at #6...

EDIT: Seems he's in the clear...

Last edited by wayne ellis; 25.04.2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 26.04.2017, 10:12 AM
MVP

So that we don't have the annual - lets be positive we took - the one armed WR, Drugged up RB or QB that no one rates...

Who do we NOT want to take in first round and we cant put a positive spin on? Be interesting for people to say who they really don't want us to take... and see how then we react when we take them haha.....

Surely a 6 - realistically there are only a handful of prospects we should be looking at??

Like Wooley I haven't done much research but in previous years there is usually a bit of a consensus about the kinda top ten type talent and then the group below them....