Premier League Thread - Page 2929 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 17.04.2017, 07:22 AM
MVP

It was a perfect senario for united.the early goal allowed them to stick with there gameplan andd make chelsea have to chase the game.

Rashford goal was excellent and they managed to show that Chelsea's center halfs struggle against pace but very few teams have been able to counter attack against them.the handball was a foul,if the ball hits your arm,when its not by your side and you gain possesion we normally see a free kick.

Rashford was excellent but will Jose let him play up front as the #9 or will he just have to go play wide again once Zlatan is starting.even the papers ard saying united want Zlatan back next year for around £20m and they are chasing other strikers.why not follow spurs who decide to give there young striker a real chance in his best position.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.04.2017, 10:56 AM
Hall of Fame

Agree with the consensus, Jose got it right, (I'd still prefer no other manager in a one off game) but what was worrying was how ineffective Chelsea were once their wider players Hazard and Pedro were shackled. As wonderful Kante is and with Matic beside him, Chelsea had no alternative creative spark.

Interested to see if others test Chelsea in the same way and whether they are indeed that one dimensional

Chelsea still heavy favourites, but a defeat such as the one at OT might instigate a bit of self doubt. But pressure now on Spurs also. Winning in a seemingly lost cause is one thing, when you have a prize in possible reach, the mind set can change

Sunday 30/4 looks tasty
Spurs v Arsenal & Everton v Chelsea
Old 17.04.2017, 06:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Agree with the consensus, Jose got it right, (I'd still prefer no other manager in a one off game) but what was worrying was how ineffective Chelsea were once their wider players Hazard and Pedro were shackled. As wonderful Kante is and with Matic beside him, Chelsea had no alternative creative spark.
haven't watched any italian football but has Conte ever really had to play anything but his 3-4-3 and had sucess with it,maybe its too late this year but has he got a plan B for next season when he may have more games and injuries to handle.

still see chelsea winning the league,they run in is much easier than spurs and the 4 point gap still gives them some space.

good luck boro tonight.
Old 19.04.2017, 05:12 PM
MVP

Jack Wilshire out for the rest of the season with a cracked fibula.wonder where he ends up playing next season.
Old 20.04.2017, 07:18 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Jack Wilshire out for the rest of the season with a cracked fibula.wonder where he ends up playing next season.
Wherever he ends up I bet he gets injured. He just can't stay healthy for one reason or another.

Wonder if he'd play abroad? Somewhere like Spain? He won't earn as much but it might suit him.
Old 20.04.2017, 06:33 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Wherever he ends up I bet he gets injured. He just can't stay healthy for one reason or another.

Wonder if he'd play abroad? Somewhere like Spain? He won't earn as much but it might suit him.
guess if arsenal dont want him then its either out on loan again or hope a team thinks he's worth a transfer fee??not what was expected of the great young hope of english football when he broke through a few years ago before the ankle injuries took over.

atleast he has his 2 FA Cup winner medals to show for it.
Old 20.04.2017, 08:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
guess if arsenal dont want him then its either out on loan again or hope a team thinks he's worth a transfer fee??not what was expected of the great young hope of english football when he broke through a few years ago before the ankle injuries took over.

atleast he has his 2 FA Cup winner medals to show for it.
Almost 10 years on from his first team debut I wonder if it was too much football to soon? Obviously all players play from an early age, and the saying goes if they're good enough they're old enough, but I cant help but think it's taken a toll on his body. That and the fact he doesn't tackle properly half the time, hence the ankle injuries. In his defence though ankle injuries are a nightmare, once they start they seem prone to re-injury.

I can't see someone paying too much him. I think his wages are going to be the sticking point for some interested parties. I wonder if a team like Brighton would have interest, but again I wouldn't have thought they'd match his wages.
Old 21.04.2017, 08:48 AM
All Pro

Ugo Ehiogu has died after suffering a cardiac arrest yesterday. 44 years old. Damn. RIP.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39664839
Old 21.04.2017, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Ugo Ehiogu has died after suffering a cardiac arrest yesterday. 44 years old. Damn. RIP.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39664839
Damn, terrible news...

Remember him scoring one of the goals in our win against Spain in Sven's first game in charge. Really good defender in his prime, probably deserved to have more England caps. R.I.P Ugo...
Old 21.04.2017, 03:05 PM
MVP

Reports that Zlatan will miss the rest of the season with the knee injury he picked up on thursday.

Tags
better than istanbul , cardiff are going down , crystanbul , dumb predictions r us , joses always crying , rodgersspecalistinfailure , sunderland are cheats , swansea are going down. , swansea town=down , team news spies , the fix is in , utd fans = easy targets