The rebuilding process during the off-season - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Sponsored Links

Old 28.01.2013, 06:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchew View Post
Yeah a good scrub with tomato juice did the job!

As for Reggie he didn't enjoy the turf in the dome , had trouble planting and cutting
so wasn't surprised he did well in Miami, he also had 3 injuries which didn't help his
cause and the heavy pass load made his running stats look poor for a #2 pick.
I still have a soft spot for #25 so it would sting a little seeing him in Atlanta.
I reckon little Quiz can do the running/catching job like Sproles ,you need either a
bruiser or a commitee to rotate the carries IMO. Has Norwood got much left in him?
Also do you think letting Ovie go was a poor decision in hindsight?
Norwood is finished, he has been a free agent for ages. Same with Ovie Injuries ruined him. As for our RB position, Id look at Ivory from ye as an option too.
Sponsored Links
Old 28.01.2013, 09:47 PM
All Pro

I've seen it mentioned (although not on here) that FB is a need. I'm not so sure I'd like to see what we've got in Bradie Ewing who we drafted last year but got injured early on and spent the year on IR.

For our draft I think it'll be defensively orientated so we can get some cogs that fit Mike Nolan's system. In recent years we've been poor to say the least in picking up Defensive Ends so I'd like to see us use a relatively high pick on one - 1st round pick if necessary and go for someone in Free Agency that's a proven commodity at rushing the passer. Our coverage wasn't great in the playoffs but you try covering Receivers for 5 plus seconds on a consistent basis - someone will get open!
Old 28.01.2013, 10:29 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy #21 View Post
I've seen it mentioned (although not on here) that FB is a need. I'm not so sure I'd like to see what we've got in Bradie Ewing who we drafted last year but got injured early on and spent the year on IR.

For our draft I think it'll be defensively orientated so we can get some cogs that fit Mike Nolan's system. In recent years we've been poor to say the least in picking up Defensive Ends so I'd like to see us use a relatively high pick on one - 1st round pick if necessary and go for someone in Free Agency that's a proven commodity at rushing the passer. Our coverage wasn't great in the playoffs but you try covering Receivers for 5 plus seconds on a consistent basis - someone will get open!
Me too, Id like to see what he can offer us but he isn't the biggest so I doubt he'll be good for run blocking. True our coverage looked worse cause of the nonexistent pass rush but I do think LB and CB (If Grimes leaves) are needs also. Not to mention DT unless Robertson and Walker can improve as back ups hugely.
Old 28.01.2013, 10:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGall13 View Post
Me too, Id like to see what he can offer us but he isn't the biggest so I doubt he'll be good for run blocking. True our coverage looked worse cause of the nonexistent pass rush but I do think LB and CB (If Grimes leaves) are needs also. Not to mention DT unless Robertson and Walker can improve as back ups hugely.
See all I think we need in terms of a DT is a big space eater sort of like a Vince Wilfork. Robertson has looked ok in the snaps he's got so would like to see his role expanded. Corey Peters and Vance Walker are never going to be stars but are useful players. Babineaux has been good but he's not getting any younger. Couple of names I've seen are Brandon Williams (Missouri Southern State), Jesse Williams (Alabama), Sylvester Williams (UNC) - sensing a theme here? There's also John Jenkins and Kwame Geathers from Georgia who measure up size wise although Jenkins probably won't still be around at pick #30.
Old 28.01.2013, 11:20 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy #21 View Post
See all I think we need in terms of a DT is a big space eater sort of like a Vince Wilfork. Robertson has looked ok in the snaps he's got so would like to see his role expanded. Corey Peters and Vance Walker are never going to be stars but are useful players. Babineaux has been good but he's not getting any younger. Couple of names I've seen are Brandon Williams (Missouri Southern State), Jesse Williams (Alabama), Sylvester Williams (UNC) - sensing a theme here? There's also John Jenkins and Kwame Geathers from Georgia who measure up size wise although Jenkins probably won't still be around at pick #30.
Good post, opening this thread I said I wanted a massive DT and Jesse Williams IMO is that guy. Id go round one for him, round two DE and round three a MLB. The only problem is I doubt we'll be to get a big DT after the 1st round. Im intrigued to see what we do about MLB, covering tightends has been a problem going back to the Lofton days.
Old 04.02.2013, 05:37 PM
Pro

Here is an article i wrote on the Falcons off season needs:

http://www.zennie62blog.com/2013/01/...eeds-82662/tg/
Old 04.02.2013, 05:50 PM
Pro Bowler

I can see us looking to get a DT in FA. Other than that I can't see us chasing any other position.

For the draft I think the first pick will be DE/LB/OG. If they don't bring in a DT then that might push the likeliness of that.

The most interesting aspect of FA to me is what the front office does in terms of whether they cut Robinson or not. Freeing up some cap room by cutting Dunta, and perhaps signing Grimes to a cheaper deal now that he's had his season-ending injury.
Old 07.02.2013, 08:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domed Outter View Post
I can see us looking to get a DT in FA. Other than that I can't see us chasing any other position.

For the draft I think the first pick will be DE/LB/OG. If they don't bring in a DT then that might push the likeliness of that.

The most interesting aspect of FA to me is what the front office does in terms of whether they cut Robinson or not. Freeing up some cap room by cutting Dunta, and perhaps signing Grimes to a cheaper deal now that he's had his season-ending injury.
Hope we don't go O-Line in the first 3 rounds anyway. Use what we have, I want us to draft a Big DT in the 1st or 2nd. Id cut Dunta and try and resign Grimes but rumours are Dunta will be restructured. Leaving Grimes to move on from us. LB was the biggest worry in the post season along with DE
Old 08.02.2013, 12:28 PM
Team Captain

Drafting O-Line in the first three rounds is a complete waste. The talent level between round one and day three is minimal, look at Sam Baker drafted 21st in 2008.

The O-Line does need improving but this can be done through the later rounds of the draft or FA, I am still unsure is we need someone at RB while it's clear Turner is no longer the talent he used to be I feel Quizz and Snelling should be good enough considering we are now a pass first team. Douglas does not seem to have progressed as we would have hoped so a receiver to offer some competition at number 3 would be also be good. I am still hoping that TG plays one more year and a top TE would be an ideal apprentice but not from the first two rounds.

The first two rounds we need to concentrate on defence a top DE would be nice to share the load with Abraham but we all know the risks of drafting DE in the first round.
Old 11.02.2013, 08:49 PM
All Pro

Apparently William Moore wants to test Free Agency, wants a move back to Missouri (Chiefs or Rams).