International Football - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 09.09.2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadesaregood View Post
Course they would, but we've got the awards from UEFA for it, that's why my sig says 'OFFICIAL'

Green And White Army.
Good, good. I was unaware. Sorry if i caused offence on a more than likely good evening for you guys.
Old 09.09.2009, 05:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG-1 RULES View Post
Good, good. I was unaware. Sorry if i caused offence on a more than likely good evening for you guys.
No worries mate, just a bit nervous that's all. Well, it has been 23 years since we last qualified for a World Cup.
Old 09.09.2009, 06:34 PM
Hall of Fame

I hope NI can qualify, I have fond memories of them sticking one past Arconada in 82.
Old 09.09.2009, 07:58 PM
Hall of Fame

England coasting at HT, Heskey still a serious donkey though.
Glen Johnson is an absolute Liability, the challenge on Eduardo was a joke.

France scraping a 1-1 HT draw in Belgrade, down to 10 men with the keeper sent off.

Platini's face must be priceless. If it stays that way, It looks like its playoffs for them.

Lets hope they meet Russia or Germany.

Last edited by vann_mcelroy; 09.09.2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09.09.2009, 08:18 PM
All Pro

We didnt deserve that, but then again neither did we deserve to finish second in the group. We've created more than enough chances to win this game, but that would have probably overshadowed whats been the worst overall qualifying performance i've seen from us. Sums it up really that the last 135mins of football we've played is the only stuff worth mentioning, the fact that we still had a chance tonight speaks for how woeful everyone apart from Holland have been in this group.

From what we achieved under Walter Smith and even that useless **** McLeish, second should have sewn up well before this. Fact is Burley had no clue how to get the best out of what we got.

Sums up our qualifying really, the apparent 3rd best team in the world beat us with a hoof that led to a shocking bit of defending, boy finished it well though. If I'm any of the big nations, I wouldn't fear the Dutch at all, get about them and they look pretty ordinary.
Old 09.09.2009, 08:51 PM
Pro

Well, England 5 Croatia 1!!! Whats that all about? England really that good? Or Croatia that bad? Whichever at least England will be at the next world cup which might make the off season go a little quicker!
Old 09.09.2009, 08:53 PM
All Pro

That's that then.

Ah well, got my JD here for comfort.
Old 09.09.2009, 08:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Just saw tonights " Attendance" at Millenium in Cardiff was "11589" surely this cant be true...?

Doesnt that stadium hold like 70,000?

Oh well, just goes to show you what lengths people will go to to stay away from Craig Bellamy
Old 09.09.2009, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
Just saw tonights " Attendance" at Millenium in Cardiff was "11589" surely this cant be true...?

Doesnt that stadium hold like 70,000?

Oh well, just goes to show you what lengths people will go to to stay away from Craig Bellamy
lol. Yea its a bit crap in the stadium when the attendance is like that.

This is the last campaign that all the games will be played there, the games will be shared between the new Cardiff City Stadium, Liberty Stadium in Swansea, the crap-hole that is Parc Y Scarlets in Llanelli and the Racecourse in Wrexham, with only the big games at the millienium.

I remember some great atmospheres at Ninian Park for Wales games in the 90's, will be nice to get some sort of home advantage again.

Good performance again from Wales tonight, Russia just had the class to finish their chances. Looks good for four years time for Wales.
Old 09.09.2009, 09:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAC View Post
Well, England 5 Croatia 1!!! Whats that all about? England really that good? Or Croatia that bad? Whichever at least England will be at the next world cup which might make the off season go a little quicker!

Next years WC will be interesting, Brazil are head and shoulders above everyone, Spain will be in that 2nd tier, along with England and Italy (simply cos its so hard to score against them in important games)
England need to avoid picking James in goal though, and I am still worried about them showing no creativity in games in which they cant score in the first 20 mins, they run out of ideas very quickly against good teams.
Germany and Holland are not as strong as usual, but never count the Germans out.

Ivory coast and USA will surprise a lot of people, both teams can beat anyone on any given day.

And then you have Argentina, IMO the only team that can give Brazil a run for thier money ,(when they are on form). Shame that they are being hamstrung by Maradona though.

Last edited by vann_mcelroy; 09.09.2009 at 09:20 PM.