Boxing Thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 22.03.2011, 08:02 PM
All Pro

I think Degale will win but it would be nice to see him knocked out
He's got a lot of potential and can go far but he needs to check his attitude IMO.
Old 22.03.2011, 08:42 PM
Starter

I agree with how you guys see it, I want to be a DeGale fan and I was at the show in glasgow seeing him beat that french bum on the undercard of Ricky Burns the other week.

I am much more impressed with DeGales pro career so far and he seems to have improved since his amateur days compared with Groves who has not looked too impressive at times.

DeGale needs to stop with the ugly boy crap though, really lacks dignity and will turn even more fans against him. I don't mind a bit of trash talk to build up fights, ( I am a massive David Haye fan) but Degale needs to just focus on the fight and showing he is a level above this guy and then move onto bigger and better things which I feel he is destined for.
Old 22.03.2011, 09:31 PM
MVP

A bit off the current topic, but related all the same

Just wanted to ask you boxing fans - Who was the best Heavyweight of all time; Rocky Marciano or Mohammad Ali?

Opinions?
Old 22.03.2011, 09:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post

Just wanted to ask you boxing fans - Who was the best Heavyweight of all time; Rocky Marciano or Mohammad Ali?

Opinions?
I'd go for Ali out of the 2 simply because i seen so much of him... Not sure if he was the greatest ever though.
Old 22.03.2011, 10:14 PM
Starter

How come big Audley doesn't get a mention

Despite Marciano's big undefeated record (49-0) it's Ali for me.
Old 22.03.2011, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post

Opinions?
Lennox Lewis.

Can't really choose between Marciano and Ali as I've actually seen very little of either of them (especially Marciano). Have to say Mike Tyson (before his controversial defeat to Douglas and ensuing meltdown) was by far the most exciting heavyweight to watch that I've seen. Just a shame he went off the rails so badly and fought on much longer than he should have.....
Old 23.03.2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Of the two, Ali, by some distance (and that's no disrespect to Rocky). Had they ever met though, in that fantasy all-time matchup ring, Ali would have had a hard time (as he would against Tyson) Ali always struggled against smaller, inside fighters who won't back off.

And DeGale/Groves? I'm rooting for Groves, i don't think he'll win it, but i'm rooting for him to shut DeGale up.

Last edited by HSTDriver; 23.03.2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 23.03.2011, 12:53 PM
Starter

Ali for me, not many matched him for longevity or calibre of fighters he came up against. The depth in the division in the 60s and 70s has never been matched at any other time imo and Ali even after his defeats, came back t oprove everyone wrong who wrote him off.

He wasa 1 off and if he did not miss those years due to his legal disputes, who knows how great the greatest could reallyhave been!
Old 23.03.2011, 09:43 PM
All Pro

As it is a boxing thread - Has there ever been a better boxing contest than Hagler v Hearns?
Old 23.03.2011, 11:02 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to BeaNo_Sco

I was always partial to Barrera v Morales I. Although I wish the result was different, and glad Barrera won the next 2 fights in the trilogy, it was a stunning boxing match. Relentless.