The Redskins I think will finish 8-8 or 7-9 and
I will be happy with that considering no 1st
round pick this year and next, and also
trying to build a team with a bull---- $36m
cap penalty.
well at least you dont bore on about it all the time
Old 25.09.2013, 08:25 AM
Pro Bowler

Chip Kelly needs another draft and free agency before eagles have any chance of making any noise
Skins will win division but will start slow as rg3 still not 100%
Dallas will start strongest and come end October we will all remember why romo sucks as he throws it away for them
Giants I don't know should be better than this but i think will be bottom of division

Skins 8-8
Dallas 7-9
Eagles 6-10
Giants 4-12
Old 25.09.2013, 08:42 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcheddar88 View Post
Chip Kelly needs another draft and free agency before eagles have any chance of making any noise
Skins will win division but will start slow as rg3 still not 100%
Dallas will start strongest and come end October we will all remember why romo sucks as he throws it away for them
Giants I don't know should be better than this but i think will be bottom of division

Skins 8-8
Dallas 7-9
Eagles 6-10
Giants 4-12
Funny you say that because I was going through the Giants schedule and also came up with 4-12. Splitting the divisional games with Eagles and Skins, and beating the Raiders and Vikes.
Old 25.09.2013, 09:11 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
At the end of the day, no division remains the same forever. Some will improve, some will decline. The East is just declining right now. In a few years, it could very well be the hardest division in football again.
Of course it will. The influx of high draft picks and new coaches will see to it that.
Old 25.09.2013, 09:42 AM
Starter

I honestly can't see where our win(s) should come from. With the current situation I'm OK for us to use this season as a RGIII 'pre-season' and then get Jadeveon Clowney as our first round pick in the next Draft ;-)

On the other hand I would love to see a bit more of Kirk Cousins, as I think (unless RGIII gets injured again) that he will get picked up by another team next season.

I think the Giants are in the same boat as us but can step up a gear and get a few wins here and there. However, what I saw in their game against the Panthers was absolutely awful and I can't believe that Hakeem Nicks didn't get a single catch (have him in my fantasy team).

I do believe that Philly will battle it out with Dallas for the Division win but I don't see either of those going far in the play-offs. Our division just isn't that strong at the moment.

Having said all that I don't recall ever having loved following a NFL season as much as I do now:-)
Old 25.09.2013, 05:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
Thank you. I'm getting tired of everyone spouting this: "read option is solved" refrain.

It will forever be a weapon because the D will forever have only 11 men on the field.

That added offensive weapon for the O doesn't get "solved" overnight.

You can frustrate it, you can slow it down for awhile during a game but it will always have that potential for the homerun play.

The reason people think it's been solved is because it was over-hyped last year. It was a wrinkle - not a mainstay primary offense.

RGIII apparently went to his coaches and said...I'm not running the read option this year - I want to be Peyton Manning. Approximately.

Like you said, the Skins moved away from it. Shady McCoy for the Eagles was doing just fine the first few weeks in the read option.

With RGIII returning to injury...and the historical anomoly of their playoff ascension last year - overwhelming odds pointed to them having this type of follow-up year. It's historically consistent 90% of the time.

Which is why they were my sure bet to miss the playoffs this year from all playoff teams last year.
You know if we keep agreeing on here I'm sure somewhere in the universe a black hole is going to open up and start swallowing planets........
Old 25.09.2013, 05:58 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
Funny you say that because I was going through the Giants schedule and also came up with 4-12. Splitting the divisional games with Eagles and Skins, and beating the Raiders and Vikes.
The way your playing right now, you'll be lucky to beat anyone let alone the 4 teams you have mentioned
Old 25.09.2013, 06:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_lloyde View Post
The way your playing right now, you'll be lucky to beat anyone let alone the 4 teams you have mentioned
That 4-12 was me putting a positive spin on it
Old 25.09.2013, 06:53 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
That 4-12 was me putting a positive spin on it
Oh right, I apologise. I'm not sure if my boys will win again this season to be honest
Old 25.09.2013, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
Thank you. I'm getting tired of everyone spouting this: "read option is solved" refrain.

It will forever be a weapon because the D will forever have only 11 men on the field.

That added offensive weapon for the O doesn't get "solved" overnight.

You can frustrate it, you can slow it down for awhile during a game but it will always have that potential for the homerun play.

The reason people think it's been solved is because it was over-hyped last year. It was a wrinkle - not a mainstay primary offense.

RGIII apparently went to his coaches and said...I'm not running the read option this year - I want to be Peyton Manning. Approximately.

Like you said, the Skins moved away from it. Shady McCoy for the Eagles was doing just fine the first few weeks in the read option.

With RGIII returning to injury...and the historical anomoly of their playoff ascension last year - overwhelming odds pointed to them having this type of follow-up year. It's historically consistent 90% of the time.

Which is why they were my sure bet to miss the playoffs this year from all playoff teams last year.
Teams will cut back on the option rather than risk their bread winner getting knocked out of the game, and possibly the season.

Tags
cowboys , eagles , giants , nfc east , redskins