Site Issues - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Ideas for NFLUK.com

Old 19.01.2019, 11:52 AM
All Pro

Exclamation Uknflfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Well, there is UKNFLFAN, which a number of former and current NFLUK members use.
I'd never heard of that site so just went to check it out - searched UKNFLFAN in my browser but alas when clicked on site could not see anything about the site just had a login page telling me I don't have privileges:

Kinda wanted to see a home page or what a site is like (if its for me) before signing up:

Tried to post a screen shot but now NFL UK tells me my post is to many character long so please shorten it - instead I have deleted the picture and added this extra paragraph of characters (and I bet this posts fine) - yet another reason why I stay away from this forum as it yanks my chain so bad with all the BS glitches I lose it!
Old 26.02.2019, 10:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Is there no one way to get to the forum from the NFLUK (Well, nfl.com/UK) home page now?

Having log in issues, and last time this happened I think I went back to the home page, logged in, then navigated to the forum and it worked. Now there is no forum link, anywhere.
Old 27.02.2019, 11:52 AM
Starter

I PM'd Qualcomm over a week ago. No response. Other people have said it's impossible to get any form of reply as well so any questions or issues it seems everyone is stuck.

I don't think it'd be a hard job to;

- Get this place busy again
- resolve the site/login issues
- Promote the forum a lot better than it is (if at all)

But if you have admins who wont respond you're kind of just stuck.
Old 27.02.2019, 12:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanE153 View Post
I PM'd Qualcomm over a week ago. No response. Other people have said it's impossible to get any form of reply as well so any questions or issues it seems everyone is stuck.

Going over old ground, but I think the current status quo is about the best this forum can hope for. The number of users will hover around its current level, a few will leave, a few will return, and a few new members will join, but beyond that I can't see a renaissance at any point down the line.

NFLUK made it clear they prefer Twitter, Facebook, etc as a means to promote the game. They seemingly don't want to commit any resources to supporting the forum anymore (lets be honest they haven't really been committed to this forum for a good few years). That's their choice, and there's not a lot we can do about it.

They have done the forum faithful a 'favour' by allowing us access it as it ages and decays. One day it'll just disappear and that will be that.
Old 27.02.2019, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Don’t see us getting new members if the register link doesn’t reappear!
Old 27.02.2019, 01:42 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Going over old ground, but I think the current status quo is about the best this forum can hope for. The number of users will hover around its current level, a few will leave, a few will return, and a few new members will join, but beyond that I can't see a renaissance at any point down the line.

NFLUK made it clear they prefer Twitter, Facebook, etc as a means to promote the game. They seemingly don't want to commit any resources to supporting the forum anymore (lets be honest they haven't really been committed to this forum for a good few years). That's their choice, and there's not a lot we can do about it.

They have done the forum faithful a 'favour' by allowing us access it as it ages and decays. One day it'll just disappear and that will be that.
That's fine but why don't they hand the reigns over to someone with some interest in rejuvenating it a bit? Only a few short years back it was a lot busier than it is now. Apart from message boards being a much better place for debate than social media there were some nice threads like the FAQ thread where people were educating new members about the sport. Seems a shame.
Old 27.02.2019, 03:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's fine but why don't they hand the reigns over to someone with some interest in rejuvenating it a bit? Only a few short years back it was a lot busier than it is now. Apart from message boards being a much better place for debate than social media there were some nice threads like the FAQ thread where people were educating new members about the sport. Seems a shame.
Totally agree, it is a shame, but I just don't think there is any interest by the powers that be to prolong the life of this place any longer than 'necessary'.
Old 02.03.2019, 11:07 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I'm convinced Qualcomm is Chris Grayling
Old 02.03.2019, 01:17 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
I'm convinced Qualcomm is Chris Grayling
Not sure who should be more insulted by that Qualcomm or Grayling.