If the Rams leave St Louis for LA, who will you support? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Rams

Sponsored Links

View Poll Results: If the Rams leave St Louis for LA, who will you support?
LA Rams 15 88.24%
No one 0 0%
Another team 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16.01.2016, 01:17 PM
Starter

All the owners are ****'s to a certain degree. To be fair to Kroenke, the suggestion that he was never going to stay is simply wrong. If the CVC had agreed or even negotiated over the renovation to the dome there would have been no lease break in 2015. They didn't, preferring to criticise the Rams and Kroenke publicly and do little more than tart up the dome. The lease was there and the top tier clause clear.

One thing that's been totally ignored is the move in 94/95. Blessed Georgia and John Shaw engineered that move and had been doing so since the late 1980's. They deliberately ran the team down to drive fans away - something the St Louis press chose to ignore. I was a fan then as I am now, and remember the Dickerson declarable, their bizarre decision not to offer Greg Bell a contract that saw him move to the Raiders, the woeful draft picks (Cleveland Gary, Gaston Green (who did go to the pro bowl in Denver), Bobby Delpino, Aaron Cox (although we did select Flipper Anderson in that draft as well), Bern Brostek and others). After the 1989 season we had a chance to move on and up (as an interview I saw with John Robinson where he said just this) to serious contenders with a little more investment. Instead they pulled the plug and offered themselves to anyone (remember, Baltimore very nearly got us before St Louis). As for John Shaw - don't get me started. I couldn't stand the man in the 80's just through reading First Down and everything I've seen and heard about him since has cemented that. Watch the Eric Dickerson NFL Life. Shaw comes across as about as slimy as can be.

I guess what I'm saying is there are two sides to everything. Georgia Fontiere is sainted in St Louis, reviled in LA (even by the coaches and players of the Rams). Stan Kroenke hated in the Lou, loved in LA. There are Rams fans in LA who never gave up and there will be fans in STL who will support the Rams to the bitter end.

I also guess I'm ranting and getting a bit off my chest!

Over and out. On to LA and on to 2016! Go Rams!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 18.01.2016, 12:54 PM
All Pro

I have no ties to St Louis so will carry on supporting the team.

I'm kind of sad though as I've only been watching 11 years and I've always followed the team under the St Louis name. Could also say to people that I supported a team from a less 'fashionable' location as well.

I went over to watch the season opener against the Cards a few years ago and spent a few days there and liked the city.

Still, interesting times ahead. Also, my mum's getting re-married in Vegas in September so hopefully there'll be a home game at the start of the season that I can go to!

Also, it took me a few seconds to figure out where this page was as I was still looking for 'St Louis Rams' haha, force of habit.
Old 18.01.2016, 01:09 PM
Rookie

You're right. I've been a Ram since '84 and Channel 4 so for me they are the LA Rams. To be honest I almost gave up with them when they moved to Stl but I'm glad I stuck with them for those two seasons when we were decent and of course the previous season that ended brightly with so much hope.

Forget Cleveland OH because that was the embryonic years of the league, and Los An is Rams' home. I feel for the folk of StLouis, many of whom I've got to know via Twitter. We didn't have Twitter in the '90s so I have very little by way of Twitter friends in SoCal but I do feel that coming home feeling once again.

The success in the '80s of the Raiders didn't help the Rams' cause but I'm glad they're back for one big reason- the draw of the city. I'm sure if free agent players had the choice of say Miami or St Louis some of them would go for the glamour and the sun. StLouis is a wonderful historic city but they don't have the beaches, the climate and that Hollywood glamour.

Me? I'll support the Rams if they move to Moscow! #Rams4Life
Old 18.01.2016, 01:20 PM
Rookie

Raiders will be in Lou in August anyway.
Old 18.01.2016, 09:32 PM
MVP

The Raiders are in the top 10 most popular teams in the UK, and that didn't come from recent playoff runs and exposure on Sky Sports, that's for sure. It's a legacy of the 1980s, for most of which, including the last Super Bowl win, they were the Los Angeles Raiders. My point is that most of those UK fans remained fans when team went back to Oakland - after all, they were still the Raiders.

Even if you don't like LA or have a connection to St Louis loosely, doesn't it make sense to stick to the Rams if you're based here in the UK? It's still your team, more so than picking some other team that you've no history with, different players, different colours and who still aren't playing in St Louis!
Old 20.01.2016, 08:26 AM
Pro

I have chosen to stick with them. I didnt follow NFL when they were in LA so have no knowledge of how it went down there, my only point would be 2 wrongs don't make a right. When they pitched for the 700mil upgrades to the dome they knew STL could not afford it, so it was hardly fair game.

I still don't get why a damn city should pay any money AND why the NFL expects fans to pay for PSL's, what a **** take that is! Oh you can buy a Season ticket but only if you give us thousands of dollars first for the right to buy a season ticket. Feel for the STL PSL owners who only had a team for 20 years, they should get money back or also be able to get season tickets in LA.

Anyway its done, I 100% still apart of the RamNation!

That stadium looks like its going to be pretty sweet in Inglewood so thats a plus point.

I too felt a little sad when i went to the S area of the 32 teams and realised they were not there.

ALSO

did any of you remember filling out a questionnaire from nfl/nfluk about how you would buy tickets going forward and would you be interested in buying PSL's?

Last edited by delmonte11; 20.01.2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 21.01.2016, 07:58 PM
Starter

I've read a lot over the last few weeks, both in the LA press and the STL press. Some very interesting reading, including an article by Bernie Miklaz from 1995 in which he sticks two fingers up to the LA fans. It was an awful article that basically said "tough **** LA, the Rams are ours now and we are better than you."

We lost a lot of fans when we moved from LA to Anaheim, it seems. That was a pretty ill advised move. Now we are effectively in LA again and the level of support we are going to get is clear from the 45000 season ticket deposits they took in the first 48 hours!

Also, for Stan, Forbes have upgraded out value to 3rd in the NFL (from 31st), behind the Boys and the Pats.
Old 22.01.2016, 07:05 AM
Pro

I'm a Rams fan since the 80's when it was hard to even find the results and then not until the Monday morning on teletext!

I'll be staying a Rams fan, the International Series has only served to rekindle my fandom over the last few years.

I saw that Forbes report and obviously this is why Kroenke wanted to move the team in the first place!! I'll be at the Giants v Rams game in October and may even make it to LA in September this year as well, I nearly made it to one of to SoCal Booster Club parties in 2013 but our schedule didn't quite work.

Does anybody else http://www.clanram.com/ ? I find it very useful to keep up to date with all things Rams.

#Hornsup