Long. Laurinaitis and Cook - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Rams

Sponsored Links

Old 19.02.2016, 08:24 PM
Starter

Default Long. Laurinaitis and Cook

First cuts of the off season. Gutted to see Chris Long go. A great player when fit, but as he said on twitter, the last few seasons have been s**t.

Cook was never the player Fisher (or most Rams) hoped he would be given his physical attributes but I am quite surprised about cutting #55. OK, he's slowed a bit, but he's still playing at a high level and has a season or two left in the tank. I wouldn't be surprised if either he or Long come back for less money, notwithstanding the dead money against them.

Good luck to all three.
Sponsored Links
Old 19.02.2016, 10:48 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to BeaNo_Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgerboy558 View Post
First cuts of the off season. Gutted to see Chris Long go. A great player when fit, but as he said on twitter, the last few seasons have been s**t.

Cook was never the player Fisher (or most Rams) hoped he would be given his physical attributes but I am quite surprised about cutting #55. OK, he's slowed a bit, but he's still playing at a high level and has a season or two left in the tank. I wouldn't be surprised if either he or Long come back for less money, notwithstanding the dead money against them.

Good luck to all three.
I'm actually OK with these cuts.

#55 gave his all, and especially early in his career on bad teams, but this season was easily the worst of his career imo, and it's generally been a slide downwards year on year for the past few seasons. Was a good servant for the team but I think the time is right. Chris Long, I remember in those first couple of seasons so many Rams fans giving him stick because he never racked up the sacks, but that was so harsh on him, the volume of pressure he put on at his best was generally as good as some of the best in the league, and again he always seemed to give it all, but much like #55 I think the timing is absolutely right. Will miss them both though, they were some bright sparks in some very dark times for this team.

Cook was an awful contract and was not even close to worth it. Completely forgettable career as a Ram.
Old 22.02.2016, 11:32 AM
Pro

Whilst these are all names we recognise, look at what cutting them does for the Salary Cap!

We already had around $34 million of cap space and this move opens up around $24 million. So we have around $58 million of cap to play with!

McLeod, Johnson and Jenkins all need to get paid and then we can hit Free Agency ourselves......