Old 29.04.2010, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

AJ on 1090

http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/...o/40/18390.mp3
Old 30.04.2010, 02:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramezes View Post
Nice interview though he does play things quite close to his chest so nothing given away as usual.

I see we have picked up a training camp kicker as well, Nick Novak who has some NFL experience, Kaeding isn't fully fit so Novak will have kicking duties for the early camps, this isn't a move to replace Kaeding as some silly fans seem to have thought.
Old 30.04.2010, 04:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglalakev View Post
Nice interview though he does play things quite close to his chest so nothing given away as usual.

I see we have picked up a training camp kicker as well, Nick Novak who has some NFL experience, Kaeding isn't fully fit so Novak will have kicking duties for the early camps, this isn't a move to replace Kaeding as some silly fans seem to have thought.
Although he isn't as bad a kicker as some have suggested, doubt he sticks around until the post-season though, when we might need him! Hopefully having him around will help focus Kaeding too.
Old 30.04.2010, 04:46 PM
Pro

Slightly going against the grain here but no better way to introduce myself.How do you guys feel the up coming season will play out. I know that we have a fairly easy schedule this year which should make our road to the playoffs an easy one.

Also with LT is no longer a part of the team how do you feel Darren Sproles and Ryan Mathews will team up together as a speed and power back combo?
Old 30.04.2010, 07:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2G View Post
Slightly going against the grain here but no better way to introduce myself.How do you guys feel the up coming season will play out. I know that we have a fairly easy schedule this year which should make our road to the playoffs an easy one.

Also with LT is no longer a part of the team how do you feel Darren Sproles and Ryan Mathews will team up together as a speed and power back combo?
Good to see another SD fan here. I don't see them as much of a combo. Sproles will have the third down duties, Mathews will take the majority of carries, I'd say at least half. I could see Tolbert taking more carries than Sproles.
Old 30.04.2010, 07:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2G View Post

Whilst the rest of the division has improved, i still think we are the best team in the division by a fair margin. The schedule looks nice although i think teams like seattle and the 49ers will be tougher than expected as theyve improved and games against the pats and colts are never easy. That all aside, i think we'll still win the division and a top 2 seed isnt unreasonable to expect (although id settle for 3 or 4) but after that im kinda at the point where im thinking "proove me wrong" because over the last 2 years, ive seen the chargers blow it twice (2006 and 2009) get unlucky with injuries (2007 - i still think we'd have won it that year if not for the injuries) and outclassed (2008) so you cant help but wonder if itll ever happen so i kinda have the attitude of "show me what you can do in the playoffs" & "proove me wrong" if you get me?

talent wise the chargers have the ability to win the SB, whther they get over the hump is another matter.

as for matthews and sproles, if matthews can stay healthy i believe we have found ourselves a great back and i think sproles will compliment him well. I dont think it was all LT's fault last year so the line needs to improve but i think we're going to be much improved on the rushing front

p.s - oh and welcome to the charger board

Last edited by UrbanLegend; 30.04.2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 30.04.2010, 07:34 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramezes View Post
really enjoyed that, thanks for the link
Old 30.04.2010, 08:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALkulon View Post
Although he isn't as bad a kicker as some have suggested, doubt he sticks around until the post-season though, when we might need him! Hopefully having him around will help focus Kaeding too.
I can't see him sticking around until the end of preseason either. Basically we added him (and the undrafted punter) because neither Scifres nor Kaeding can take part in camp and we need people to kick/punt so we can work on special teams plays.
Old 06.05.2010, 08:02 PM
MVP

for those interested apparently matthews will wear 24
Old 07.05.2010, 11:32 AM
Pro

Yea Chargers.com have him at 24 now so I am guessing that he has managed to get Hughes to give his number up. Now we can get a chance to buy his jersey.