Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 322 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 25.10.2010, 10:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
Not digging, just curious - how do you know it's not the real PR?
I really can't imagine it could possibly be PR.
Old 25.10.2010, 10:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
I really can't imagine it could possibly be PR.
Quite possibly is not him; although he is known to be a tool isn't he?

Just wondered if there was a way you could tell/verify this (not a twitterer myself, or should that be twit)
Old 25.10.2010, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quite possibly is not him; although he is known to be a tool isn't he?

Just wondered if there was a way you could tell/verify this (not a twitterer myself, or should that be twit)
No way does Rivers do that. As for the tool comment, he is animated on the field and that's about as far as that goes
Old 25.10.2010, 10:52 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramezes View Post
No way does Rivers do that. As for the tool comment, he is animated on the field and that's about as far as that goes
Aye, the tool comment was a joke really - no offense intended.
Old 26.10.2010, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Aye, the tool comment was a joke really - no offense intended.
No worries, I'm probably a bit over enthusiastic defending Rivers becuase of the perception some have of him
Old 26.10.2010, 08:05 AM
MVP

I cant believe this is even a debate

I will bet anyone any money they like that, that is not PRs facebook account.

For starters, if it was, why would he have that picture? That picture has been used so many times to critize and make a joke of PR because of the face he's pulling. Another point, do you not think anyone in the national or local media would have seen it and covered the story of SD's QB slating the coach?

Its total BS and we need to stop talking about it
Old 26.10.2010, 08:51 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
Its total BS and we need to stop talking about it
Indeed. So, who still thinks we have a shot to win the AFC West? I just checked out the Chiefs' schedule and it's pretty easy to say the least. Their game is improving with the pass becoming stronger, and IMO they'd have to beat themselves not to win the West.

Having said that I still think we can pull it together and still come out of this with a winning record. At some point the fumbles have to stop, surely? Special teams have undoubtedly improved since the debacle at Oakland. Even though this should in no way affect our season or the way we play, I definitely think not having our bye week early has hurt us. If we'd had it say after the Oakland game, I think we'd have come out differently against the Rams. Anyway, it's no excuse for our play, just a thought.

Any news on whether Floyd and Legs will be available this weekend?

Last edited by Shooting Star; 26.10.2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 26.10.2010, 09:46 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star View Post
Indeed. So, who still thinks we have a shot to win the AFC West? I just checked out the Chiefs' schedule and it's pretty easy to say the least. Their game is improving with the pass becoming stronger, and IMO they'd have to beat themselves not to win the West.

Having said that I still think we can pull it together and still come out of this with a winning record. At some point the fumbles have to stop, surely? Special teams have undoubtedly improved since the debacle at Oakland. Even though this should in no way affect our season or the way we play, I definitely think not having our bye week early has hurt us. If we'd had it say after the Oakland game, I think we'd have come out differently against the Rams. Anyway, it's no excuse for our play, just a thought.

Rumour has it Legs will be back. I too think the season is not over, but we will need the Chiefs to pull some sort of a 'Denver' for us to catch them. Were we to win out we'd need the Chiefs to lose at least 1 more game to have a chance.
Old 26.10.2010, 09:47 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star View Post
Turner said yesterday - Floyd no, Nannee Yes

As for winning the AFC west - mathematically yes, but no i dont see it. No with the chiefs schedule. As Kevin Acee said, the problems we have are fixable but we're not fixing them. 7 weeks into the season and we've shown no signs of fixing the problems so im not overly confident that we will.

If we do, we are playing well enough in the other areas to win 8 more games which could well win the AFC west or maybe sneak the 6 seed. I dont believe the schedule is that tough to a charger team playing well in all 3 phases but we're not and i doubt we will so im expecting a poor year.

A question to counter yours. If the chargers get a winning record but dont make the playoffs, whats the point?

Id rather a 6-10 season then a 9-7 that misses the playoffs due mainly to the number of draft picks we have next year
Old 26.10.2010, 09:53 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmidbn View Post
Were we to win out we'd need the Chiefs to lose at least 1 more game to have a chance.

??

If the chargers win out which would include a game against the chiefs we would go 11-5

The chiefs could loose to us but win every other game and go 13-3.

Now ok granted i dont see the chiefs winning 9 of their remaining 10 and going 13-3. 11-5 would get us a wildcard although i dont see us winning out either, but my point is, we need to beat the chiefs and they need to loose at least 3 more imo for us to catch them.

I think anything more than 10 wins and the chiefs win the AFC west so from their remaining 10 games we need them to loose 4 games (1 of which is against us) - but that still may not be enough as a 10-6 record from the cheifs requires us to win 8 of our remaining 9

Last edited by UrbanLegend; 26.10.2010 at 09:57 AM.