How did you become a pack? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 28.11.2015, 12:49 PM
Rookie

Default How did you become a pack?

Hi all I'm new to the forums and I thought why not post this. I became from playing madden on the xbox. And never looked back.Been a pack for 5 years ish but only recently started really getting into it
Sponsored Links
Old 28.11.2015, 09:26 PM
Starter

Exactly the same for me mate, played Madden on PC some 14 years ago, this bloke called Brett Favre was decent and could throw the ball the furthest so I used them, started following them, 13 years later I've been to 5 games and as I type this i'm sat in Lambeau Field.

Enjoy
Old 03.12.2015, 08:52 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamparr4 View Post
Exactly the same for me mate, played Madden on PC some 14 years ago, this bloke called Brett Favre was decent and could throw the ball the furthest so I used them, started following them, 13 years later I've been to 5 games and as I type this i'm sat in Lambeau Field.

Enjoy
How long was your trip and how much does it all cost if you dont mind me asking, me and 2 off my sons looking to going over next season for about 3/4 nights, deeply regret never going to see number 4 will not be able to cope with never seeing number 12 play live, as the packers are not coming over here for any I.S games we will need to go stateside, cant wait.

thanks for any info.
Old 03.12.2015, 09:30 PM
Starter

The Bears game was very expensive but it was a big game!

I booked flights separately and then booked a hotel and ticket package with eventusa.com as they have nearly all the hotels within walking distance of Lambeau fully booked out. However after much investigation the next time I go I'm going to try and get a flight and hotel package with Expedia or the like to stay at the Best Western on armed forces drive as they no longer keep their rooms for event USA, if I could get that I'd then get a e-ticket through nflticketexchange.com

It's hard for me to give a cost as again the Bears game was far more than it would usually cost and the lost time I went to Green Bay for a regular season game was 2008 but I'd give an estimate of around £900pp but that depends on the game ad to how expensive the ticket is and how many people you can get in a room. If you want any more advice just send me a pm and I'll get back to you
Old 05.12.2015, 05:40 PM
Rookie

I got into the NFL thanks to playing Blood Bowl, particularly Skaven (ratmen). I was looking for a decent scheme to paint. I liked the simple bright scheme of the Packers, and that they are nicknamed the Cheese heads was the icing on the cake!
Old 06.12.2015, 12:29 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucibleofWords View Post
I got into the NFL thanks to playing Blood Bowl, particularly Skaven (ratmen). I was looking for a decent scheme to paint. I liked the simple bright scheme of the Packers, and that they are nicknamed the Cheese heads was the icing on the cake!
Mate,

I've just had to Google Blood Bowl and Skaven
Old 06.12.2015, 09:21 AM
Rookie

I live to educate! It's a fantastic game.
Old 09.12.2015, 09:38 PM
Pro

I became a fan after seeing Favre play back in 94/95. Once I read into the history of the team I became more obsessed with the franchise. I'm very fortunate I didn't see another QB back than and fall for another team. Yet another reason to love good ol number 4.
Old 10.12.2015, 12:32 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljstevens View Post
How long was your trip and how much does it all cost if you dont mind me asking, me and 2 off my sons looking to going over next season for about 3/4 nights, deeply regret never going to see number 4 will not be able to cope with never seeing number 12 play live, as the packers are not coming over here for any I.S games we will need to go stateside, cant wait.

thanks for any info.

Going to the Dallas game this weekend - flight was £530, hotel £300 & ticket £130 . I could have done hotel and ticket cheaper by about £100 but thought I'd go splash out as I may not be able to afford to go again for a while. Staying 3 nights by the way. Hope this helps.