Gamepass iPhone and iPad app Closed Caption rendering it almost unwatchable - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 28.08.2014, 10:44 PM
Rookie

Angry Gamepass iPhone and iPad app Closed Caption rendering it almost unwatchable

On both the iPhone and iPad Gamepass apps the ability to turn off closed caption appears to be broken, the button is there but even when switched to off the captions are still there, a bold white distraction in the middle of the screen. It's bad enough on iPad but I've been travelling recently with just my phone and it's rendering it almost unwatchable as the caption seems to take up half of the screen.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Is there a fix?

I'm extremely disappointed as one of the main reasons for me forking out for Gamepass this year was for the mobile viewing and this is really letting me down at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Old 29.08.2014, 09:31 PM
Rookie

I have the same problem. I can't turn closed caption off.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01.09.2014, 07:19 AM
Team Captain

Send a message via MSN to bGZ Mic

I had a similar issue a few weeks back. Its got nothing to do with the app, its the device.

You can try to change the language settings. I read on the web that this helped a few, but the only thing that really helped me was to reset all settings of the ipad.

You dont need to restore, just reset the settings and this should do the trick.
Old 03.09.2014, 10:40 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bGZ Mic View Post
I had a similar issue a few weeks back. Its got nothing to do with the app, its the device.

You can try to change the language settings. I read on the web that this helped a few, but the only thing that really helped me was to reset all settings of the ipad.

You dont need to restore, just reset the settings and this should do the trick.
Sorted! Was a pain having to redo all my settings but it has at least got rid of the awful closed captions. I'm wondering what I had set on the was causing it now.
Old 03.09.2014, 10:46 AM
Team Captain

Send a message via MSN to bGZ Mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrao1 View Post
Sorted! Was a pain having to redo all my settings but it has at least got rid of the awful closed captions. I'm wondering what I had set on the was causing it now.
Glad it worked for you. I guess something internally got messed up within the iOS, since the reset of the settings fixed the issue.

I never had that problem on my iphone, or iMac.

Tags
closed caption , gamepass