The Bills 2015 thread - Free agency and draft thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Buffalo Bills

Sponsored Links

Old 29.12.2014, 11:39 AM
All Pro

Default The Bills 2015 thread - Free agency and draft thread

Now the season is over (who really cares about that playoff and Super Bowl stuff anyway ) we can move onto important stuff. 2015. So I thought we need a thread for all those important Bills matters....

Our opponents are

Home - Miami, New England, NY Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, NY Giants, Cincinnati

Away - Miami, New England, NY Jets, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, Kansas City, Jacksonville

Its nice to be in a position looking forward to 2015. I think we have a real chance of a very good season. We need have major positional need at 2 positions (which is manageable) , our salary cap position is ok for a couple of years. A very good set of WRs and front 7 to build from. So whats gonna happen....

I think we have 2 priorities in FA.

1. Figure out what the heck we will do at QB. The draft class doesn't look spectacular, and neither does FA. Although as per the other thread I can see someone like Hoyer coming in

2. Find some half decent O linemen. I think still think Koundjo is a prospect but we need at least 2 in FA, and then draft a couple more.

In the case of re-signing players, I put Hughes above Spikes as priority. Ultimately I think maintaining as much of our D line as possible will always keep in the hunt. Hughes and Dareus are our future, and as much as Spikes bring in experience, he isn't the long term future of the Bills whereas for me, Hughes is.

And incidentally, as we are playing the NFC East next season, there is at least a remote possibility of being on TV.

So what do people reckon?
Sponsored Links
Old 02.01.2015, 12:33 PM
Rookie

Well the biggest need is QB, G, OL and a stud TE wouldn't harm. I think we will go after a Guard and OL and maybe TE in FA and also add to these in the draft. I don't see much in the QB FA pool so we will probably try to make some trades happen, although I'm sure this will involve giving someone up on the D which is a big no. Lets hope EJ has learned a thing or two from his time on the bench, a new head coach and O coach may be just what he needs, especially if we can re-establish the run.

I would like to re-sign Spikes, he seems a good leader.

As for being on tv, of course we will - vs Jax and that's our lot!
Old 02.01.2015, 06:19 PM
All Pro

I'm not sure who you give up in the D. I can only think it be a linebacker, but I'd be loathed to give up one unless its Spikes, and he has no value.

TE is a tough one, as I understand it, the draft class is woeful. In free agency Thomas will no doubt get franchise tagged. I'd like us to look for someone who can help reestablish the run game if we cant get a genuine red zone threat.There are a few about so I hope we can nab someone better than Chandler

I think EJ may come back and surprise people. People are having the opposite of rose tinted glasses with, they are over doing how bad he is. He looked half decent last season.
Old 04.01.2015, 04:47 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I'm not sure who you give up in the D. I can only think it be a linebacker, but I'd be loathed to give up one unless its Spikes, and he has no value.

TE is a tough one, as I understand it, the draft class is woeful. In free agency Thomas will no doubt get franchise tagged. I'd like us to look for someone who can help reestablish the run game if we cant get a genuine red zone threat.There are a few about so I hope we can nab someone better than Chandler

I think EJ may come back and surprise people. People are having the opposite of rose tinted glasses with, they are over doing how bad he is. He looked half decent last season.

EJ scares the hell out of me when he has time to think about where he needs to pass it. Screen passes, 5 yard passing routes, throwing on the run he is fine. Give him lemons in the pockets if he needs to locate his man from mid to long range and he won't be giving you lemonade . Pretty much any tight window throws his powerful arm is negated by his lack of ability to get the ball past decent coverage.

Last edited by Goodfry; 04.01.2015 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04.03.2015, 10:36 PM
Pro Bowler

I was very skeptical when Rex got the HC job and so far i have seen nothing to convince me otherwise. The recent trades suggest to me that the Bills are being very shortsighted and building a team to make the playoffs now rather than possible superbowl success in the future. Rex came in promising the playoffs, and he may well deliver, but then what? 1st round playoff loss followed by more mediocriy for years to come.....great :;
Old 19.03.2015, 07:26 PM
Team Captain

I think the free agency signings have certainly improved the offensive options. Harvin, McCoy, Clay, Woods & Watkins are very much above average offensive set. However, I still have concerns over the offensive line. I'm certainly not convinced (like others I suspect) about Incognito's ability to improve it. What is draft offensive line pool like?

Can what we have at the moment provide the muscle and guile up top to provide the holes required to get the best out of McCoy and protect whoever is quarterback enough to make full use of the receivers? I remain very unsure.

That brings us to the quarterback. I know the free agency and draft pool was/is lacking any real and available talent under centre. Ideally I'd love EJ to be given a bit of time with the new tools he has at his disposal. Whether or not he's capable of making Rex trust him is the gamble.

All in all I'm more positive than I was this time last year. Jerry Hughes re-signing was great news. If THAT defence can perform to last season's level the play-offs are a possibility. IF the above mentioned players can drag some improvement from the OL and QB the post season is more than realistic.
Old 05.05.2015, 04:02 PM
MVP

Didn't keep up with any of the draft process so have no major opinion other than Buffalo is going down the Ravens route of drafting guys who are just as make the front page of ESPN for getting wins as they are for getting locked up off it. It's not a sport of nice guys I can live with it.
Old 05.05.2015, 05:13 PM
MVP

Great quotes coming out post draft

Quote:
Asked if many teams had questions about the domestic violence investigation, Williams said, "Not really."

"Once I had a chance to really sit down with the organization and talk to Coach [Rex] Ryan and talk to the coaching staff," Williams said, "they really understood the situation at hand was not the same person, that I was a totally different person."
Quote:
Are there indiscretions that are non-starters for you or you would just not consider a player?

A: For me, the one that I would not even want to sit down and talk to a player would be if a guy stole from his teammate. To me that is stealing from your family and that to me is just not something I can deal with for what we're doing. We're trying to build a team and a family and that locker room is sacred. And for that, I have a hard time with that. Obviously, there are some other things that if they're guilty for murder and all that stuff, of course, but the indiscretions we're talking about, yes that would be it."
The 2015 Buffalo Bills in the middle of the league the domestic violence identity crisis takes a fire cracker and launches it right at the bonfire. Self awareness be damned.
Old 09.05.2015, 12:44 PM
Pro Bowler

Hope you dont mind me jumping in.
A piece i wrote for a blog site on what i think is the most intriguing division in football this year.
First i have done that isn't on the Saints so any feedback good or bad would be welcome

http://www.unclesamsports.com/intrig...sion-nfl-2015/
Old 10.05.2015, 10:40 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Hope you dont mind me jumping in.
A piece i wrote for a blog site on what i think is the most intriguing division in football this year.
First i have done that isn't on the Saints so any feedback good or bad would be welcome

http://www.unclesamsports.com/intrig...sion-nfl-2015/
Interesting read. I don't agree with it all, but that's personal opinion.

I think your Kromer point an interesting and under reported story. I'd definitely carry on writing, and if you focus on interesting threads like Kromer it will be all for the better, its those less reported ideas I like reading.