Group action against NFL Gamepass - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 04.09.2017, 12:23 PM
Rookie

Default Group action against NFL Gamepass

Anyone interested in trying to put together a group action against NFL Gamepass for the terrible service they've provided recently?

I've had so many issues with them since they removed the app six weeks before the end of the last subscription term and through to the new service that they have today. I've wasted so much time contacting them with no adequate response.

I"m also convinced that the issues won't be fixed by week 1 of the regular season so want to get something started in preparation for that.

I just wondered if anyone would be interested in putting together a group claim for compensation given the s*** show that has been the move to the new provider? Also any advice on how best to do this please send!
Sponsored Links
Old 04.09.2017, 02:22 PM
All Pro

Just get a refund.
Old 04.09.2017, 03:41 PM
Rookie

Good point well made. But....

already trying to get a partial refund for last season. Plus they are the only place you can watch all the games on demand and the service isn't what was offered / is worse than the service last year / their support is a joke.
Old 04.09.2017, 04:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post

Just get a refund.
Well, it would be nice if things really were that easy. Unfortunately, even just getting them to reply to a customer service request takes an act of parliament...
Old 05.09.2017, 05:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullamey View Post
Good point well made. But....

already trying to get a partial refund for last season. Plus they are the only place you can watch all the games on demand and the service isn't what was offered / is worse than the service last year / their support is a joke.
I sympathise with the latter part of it. They are the only on demand provider, but there is Sky to watch their slate of games etc. The bottom line for me though is that they offer a certain service, that I think is quite good, but when they don't meet your expectations you kind of have to deal with it through them. They have always responded to my customer service emails within 2-3 days over the past 5 years. Granted, I've not had a problem this year, but they also have replied to my tweets this year with critiques and suggestions, so that's another route you can take.

I think the only option at this point is stop giving them your money and get a refund if you don't want to use the service. If they don't reply there are certain protections you have or routes you can take - Financial Ombudsman, or even PayPal or Visa if you paid with one of those. PayPal once got me almost £200 back from a comic book service that just disappeared off the internet one day with everyone's preorder money. They have power you perhaps don't.

Sorry for the initially snarky response, and hope this helps, I just felt that a legal battle over Gamepass is a bit like suing Mars because you think M&Ms don't taste good.
Old 06.09.2017, 12:03 AM
Rookie

I agree that a legal challenge is unlikely to succeed but I also understand the frustration over a demonstrably inferior product.

For me, a more concrete and slightly worrying issue (because I think they'll get the video streaming sorted) is the dropping of any pretence to even care about the accessibility features which were available in previous seasons.

I'm referring to captions/subtitles for those with hearing loss, and the availability of radio commentary for those with visual impairment. The Neulion product of previous seasons did this brilliantly, although I'm sure most users won't have needed or noticed it. The Deltatre people appear surprised even to be asked about it on Twitter, and in one exchange simply said that the radio commentary would not be available.

"Same great content."
Old 06.09.2017, 09:13 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealflanagan View Post
I agree that a legal challenge is unlikely to succeed but I also understand the frustration over a demonstrably inferior product.

For me, a more concrete and slightly worrying issue (because I think they'll get the video streaming sorted) is the dropping of any pretence to even care about the accessibility features which were available in previous seasons.

I'm referring to captions/subtitles for those with hearing loss, and the availability of radio commentary for those with visual impairment. The Neulion product of previous seasons did this brilliantly, although I'm sure most users won't have needed or noticed it. The Deltatre people appear surprised even to be asked about it on Twitter, and in one exchange simply said that the radio commentary would not be available.

"Same great content."
This is probably a more fruitful legal challenge. Would be intrigued to see an Equality Act challenge on these grounds, especially as the previous app had such features as standard, and it is hardly a technical revolution to include them... Any other kind of claim would be long-winded and probably unlikely to succeed, frustrating as it is.

The best answer is to simply vote with your feet... I haven't subscribed. I know numerous others haven't either. Until the Rubles/Euros/Dollars/Pounds stop flowing to the Cayman Islands, nobody will bat an eyelid.

The other thing you can do is record your discontent with NFLUK, who are supposed to represent us. I'm still stunned by the fact that NFLUK is just ignoring this and/or brushing it under the carpet. When Kirkwood rocks up on the Sky panel this year, lauding the 'growth of the game' and his 'London Jaguars', you should ensure you send as many emails/tweets regarding Gamepass as possible. Personally, I couldn't care less about the Wembley games. As a UK fan, the number one priority is being able to watch my team each week. Gamepass has made that significantly harder this year.

Once Reynolds has stopped fawning over Kirkwood on the Sky panel, and they start taking viewer questions, perhaps we could ask him for his tuppence (or Rubles?) worth regarding the service provided to the UK fans over the past few months?
Old 06.09.2017, 03:25 PM
Rookie

Spoke to customer service today about the changes to Gamepass and problems with billing - I was dual billed for both Europe and International - and the person I spoke to said they had logged a high number of complaints.

My advice would be to e-mail/tweet a complaint as the more they get the more pressure they will feel to get the product right. It's either that or cancelling subscriptions - but they kid of know they have overseas fans over a barrel as it's the only way to see all your teams games live.

NFL are clearly miles behind both the NBA and MLB in this regard - so more pressure the better
Old 06.09.2017, 04:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
I just felt that a legal battle over Gamepass is a bit like suing Mars because you think M&Ms don't taste good.
- yeh, but if you bought a bag of M&Ms, and they turned out to N&Ns and they didn't taste very good ........... you may have a case
Old 07.09.2017, 05:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven 1889 View Post
- yeh, but if you bought a bag of M&Ms, and they turned out to N&Ns and they didn't taste very good ........... you may have a case
Indeed, but Gamepass isn't that different from what's advertised, and even the negative changes have been communicated in FAQs and stuff, so they're obviously clear legally unless it completely doesn't work for you, which hasn't been my experience.

Tags
game pass , gamepass