Sharing a field - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 29.10.2018, 08:49 PM
Team Captain

Default Sharing a field

Having just checked in on the Spurs / Man city game this must be the most prominant markings the NFL have left on Wembleys turf for an English football event.
It was always going to be the case given the short turn around but I fear we, as a community are going to take a lot of aggression on this... I imagine forums and social media are all over this.

One thing I commented on yesterday was the shield on the 50 yard line. For me it was dull for the 1st 2 games and then freshly painted for yesterday. Is this a case of trolling spurs? A nod to say that we wouldnt have had this problem if their stadium would have been ready?

Last edited by Luton_Niner; 29.10.2018 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 29.10.2018, 09:35 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luton_Niner View Post
Having just checked in on the Spurs / Man city game this must be the most prominant markings the NFL have left on Wembleys turf for an English football event.
It was always going to be the case given the short turn around but I fear we, as a community are going to take a lot of aggression on this... I imagine forums and social media are all over this.

One thing I commented on yesterday was the shield on the 50 yard line. For me it was dull for the 1st 2 games and then freshly painted for yesterday. Is this a case of trolling spurs? A nod to say that we wouldnt have had this problem if their stadium would have been ready?
Certainly for the Raiders game it will have looked duller, it rained all day.
The premier league has bent over backwards to suit Spurs and their mismanaged situation (more so than they wouldve for "lesser" teams) i have no sympathy.
Old 29.10.2018, 09:39 PM
Pro

seen stuff on twitter already, ''this is what will happen if they sell wembley'' type nonsense

end of day spurs have been a mile out with their ground, their fault, not nfls, lucky they have a place to play full stop
Old 29.10.2018, 09:40 PM
Hall of Fame

Money talks. Even though the pitch looks atrocious they'd do it all over again if similar circumstances arose.
Old 29.10.2018, 10:04 PM
Pro

The pitch does look bad, but its held 6 more Spurs games and 1 extra NFL game than originally planned and at the end of the day its no ones fault but Spurs.
Old 29.10.2018, 11:00 PM
MVP

Oh yes there loads of "Boo hiss bad NFL" on twitter. My particular fave was "I'm really angry that British people like American football".
Old 30.10.2018, 12:02 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Money talks. Even though the pitch looks atrocious they'd do it all over again if similar circumstances arose.

what money in this situation?

it was still Spurs best option to play it in London.
Old 30.10.2018, 12:10 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luton_Niner View Post

Just got back from the Spurs game. I have to say I heard almost nobody grumbling about the pitch, and the one person I did hear saying it was a state wasn't blaming the NFL for it.

It wasn't that bad I thought. And anyway, this wasn't the plan it was an emergency issue with the stadium delay. It was the same for both teams, Spurs offered City the chance to switch around the fixtures and play this in Manchester and they said no. This won't be a problem at the new stadium with the Field Turf. Not a big story.