The Big Blue Giants Thread - Page 440 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Giants

Sponsored Links

Old 10.10.2016, 02:18 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
another week and another showing that makes you want to go on a rampage.

so much awfulness.

there were some positives but the negatives were so bad they make them worthless.

given the situation its, flunk it for Fornette or give up for Garrett.

i want to believe in a playoff run but the team shows no signs of getting the win and the other sides in the East look like they have mostly got there stuff together.

the money and talent on that DL and the lack of pressure on QBs is enough to drive anyone insane.

the dump off passes on 3rd and long, yeah other sides do it and its safe and maybe something happens but i would rather see it launched into double coverage.

the OL giving the running game or Eli a chance would be nice.

trying to end on a positive, Beckham did the best he could in the given situation and had fun, Jenkins made some lovely plays and Collins looked a beast.

Perkins looked bright when he got a shot again.
Would you bring Will Beatty in at right tackle? I know its only one piece on a poor line with only Richberg and Pugh really worth keeping and we're committed to Flowers at LT.
Completely agree about Collins he's been one of our best performers so far,this season. Sadly though Its looking like another waste of a season.

Last edited by GWP84; 10.10.2016 at 02:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10.10.2016, 02:23 PM
GOAT

i have to guess that Beatty just isnt in football shape yet.
Old 10.10.2016, 10:45 PM
davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk

Yes, still dismal.

The pressure was a farce. Aaron Rodgers basically tap dancing back there because he has all the time in the world. Our guys getting double teamed on the line because the Packers are prepared to commit to that and use the time to pick their receivers out. Eli getting run down time after time, with his butter fingers whenever he gets hit.

Those dang fakes. One guy just needed to go for Rodgers, no matter what.

It's not as if the Packers were on fire either, not after their scripted first drive. Our secondary played well, considering how often they had to.

But penalties, drops.. I don't know, maybe it is just the way Eli throws the ball that causes our drops. He never seems to do a neat spiral. The ball wobbles about on the slow-mo like a demented blimp.

I can't help but feel that we are always the more predictable team. Running up the middle. Cookie cut throws. Nothing very interesting on offence or defence. Unless you count that farcical attempt to turn Odell into a QB.

Running into the receiver on a punt? Really? Is that not relatively easily avoidable?
Old 11.10.2016, 09:15 PM
davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk

I don't know, maybe I'm being too harsh.

We won 2, threw away the Washington game and then hit two hard games on the road, playing Monday away at Minnesota and Sunday away at Green Bay. The Vikings are beating everybody and they were at home and Green Bay were at home and coming off a bye with two weeks rest.

These are tough match ups and we got spanked, but playing tough teams away, consecutive road games on a short week... maybe it was just destined to be. The other teams in the division have got to play them too.

Cowboys are doing well. But the Bears and 49'ers? Not the same thing. Let's see how the Cowboys get on at Green Bay and Minnesota. Maybe not so good.

We have a winnable streak coming up now and then the real decider - all the divisional games later in the season.
Old 11.10.2016, 09:47 PM
GOAT

well they did beat the Bengals.

we do feel like theres a corner to be turned but i'm not sure if we get around it.
Old 11.10.2016, 11:26 PM
Hall of Fame

I'm worrying that McAdoo may be another very good coordinator who cannot transition to Head Coach.
Old 11.10.2016, 11:53 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
I'm worrying that McAdoo may be another very good coordinator who cannot transition to Head Coach.

he never felt like the right man for the job but we didnt want to lose him.

he just seems to lack the needed edge.
Old 14.10.2016, 09:12 PM
Rookie

Well coughlin didnt get off to a great start but we all know how that changed ! Mcadoo will need time But i cant help think his rise to head coach is a bit premature , for me he didnt do great shakes as offence coordinator and he got that gig on the back of his work at green bay but after last weeks game i think it shown it was more a case of an exceptional QB in Rogers and not so much mcadoo . Still im looking forward to twickenham and just hope the giants can shake off this loosing streak
Old 17.10.2016, 06:44 AM
GOAT

we won but it felt like the first 2 game, not convincing.

still the same mistakes and failings, that penalty on the punt was a gut punch and then at the end we seemed to want to lose.

not being able to run the ball is a massive issue and effects so much of what we want to do, this line needs to start creating some lanes. that Rams D is gonna eat us for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Beckham lighting it up was a excellent sight.
Old 17.10.2016, 09:27 PM
Rookie

Yep Beckham jr score was up there !!
But i think its time he left the net alone now its borderline harassment And yes same ill disipline and mistakes as in earlier games on show again But i was impressed with the never give up attitude especially when the crowd got on their backs i was thinking oh no goin to be a long day ! For me giants looked at their best when goin no huddle quick snaps , All in all should make that plane journey over here a little more enjoyable !