Buffalo Bills Thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Buffalo Bills

Sponsored Links

Old 08.06.2005, 03:48 PM
Starter

Default Buffalo Bills Thread

Hey as Official President of the UK Buffalo Bills Backers (PM me for details [/end plug]) I thought I'd better star the Ofiicial Buffalo Bills thread...

Bert, hop on...

I figure we can get some discussion going about the challenges and prospects for Buffalo this year.

For me the question marks that hang over the team for now are:

1. QB - Can Losman take the effort from preseason over into an acceptable level of performance in the regular season? If he can make sure he doesn't LOSE us games and merely does enough to win I think we are a playoff team. Anything above average from Losman this year is a bonus.

2. Has TMac done enough with the big boys up front to get the job done on the OL? Seems like Anderson gives us more size alongside Teague at LG and is an upgrade, but question marks remain over Gandy at LT and Williams at RT who just hasn't shown #4 overall value.

3. DL - Pat Williams loss is big - but is Ron Edwards or Tim Anderson up to the job of filling in beside Sam Adams?? And can Aaron Schobel continue his year-on-year improvement at DE? Schobel could be prolific this year if the unit comes along together, but if the DT spots are the weak link I suspect we may see a lot more doubling up on Schobel...

4. TE. Man - can they stay healthy? Losman will need them to... Rookie QB's love their tight ends.

5. Is this a make or break year for Tom Donahoe and Tom Modrak? The 3 year project seems to have turned into a 5 year project. The Bills need a superbowl in the next 3 years to ensure their future in Buffalo. If Mr Wilson dies before we win one, we risk losing our team to LA.

Thats me for starters - comments anyone?

OH - BTW - my prediction this year... a 1 game improvement to 10-6 and the road will end in the Divisional playoff game.
Sponsored Links
Old 08.06.2005, 04:39 PM
Pro

Default Re:Buffalo Bills Thread

1. I have mixed feelings on the Bills releasing Drew Bledsoe. Because I like Bledsoes style. He was dead slow but he was able to help the team win lots of games in a row. But he could not win the most important game. I hope that Losman can take the Bills to the playoffs

2. I think that Mike Williams will have a good year.

3. Sam Adams is a big fat man. He should make the players next to him better because he will take up two men.

4. The Bills TE are very unlucky with injury. But I think Mark Campbell will play well. I bought the Rams game on DVD and he caught three passes for three touchdowns.

5. Both Donahoe and Modrack will be feeling the pressure.

Old 08.06.2005, 04:49 PM
All Pro

[quote author=bert link=board=1;threadid=11135;start=0#msg240200 date=1118248794]
3. Sam Adams is a big fat man. He should make the players next to him better because he will take up two men.

[/quote]

Very true, and I hope Pat Williams does the same for us. ;D
Old 08.06.2005, 04:55 PM
Pro

Pat Williams is a great player. Pat and Sam were a great parternership. He seemed to play really well against the Steelers because he made lots of tackles.

You are right. I also think that Pat will take up two men. Who is other Defensive tackle on the Vikings?
Old 08.06.2005, 04:58 PM
All Pro

Yeah he hopefully will which helps for Kevin Williams. Having two great DTs (like you had) is lethal.

I wish we could just steal one more Bill - Lawyer Milloy ;D
Old 08.06.2005, 05:01 PM
Pro

I like Antoine Winfield aswell. and Sam Cowart was good when he played for the Buffalo Bills
Old 09.06.2005, 07:11 AM
Starter

[quote author=LSU link=board=1;threadid=11135;start=0#msg240208 date=1118249883]
Yeah he hopefully will which helps for Kevin Williams. Having two great DTs (like you had) is lethal.

I wish we could just steal one more Bill - Lawyer Milloy ;D
[/quote]

Hands off! Pat Williams is at the end of his career IMO. I think the Vikes are going to find that he's got one season left in him and after that he's done. That'll be why the Bills didn't bust a gut to resign him and why we invested in Tim Anderson in the previous draft...
Old 09.06.2005, 07:14 AM
Starter

Oh and Bert - I hear what you are saying about Bledsoe... I really liked him too and was his biggest supporter. If he could've climbed outta tho hole he got into I think he could have been a Jim Kelly type QB for the Bills.

BUT Drew could not win lots of games for the Bills. It's like we managed to get to 9-7 last season IN SPITE OF Drew, not because of Drew. Dallas are going to find out this year that the Statue is a hinderance, not a help.

He's lost a step....
Old 09.06.2005, 11:44 AM
Starter

Hey I just watched the uniform unveiling video on BB.com - JP Losman was so pumped he couldn't even speak. That kid is going to be something special I can feel it. Jim Kelly gave him props too - MAN I AM SO PUMPED FOR JP I CAN BARELY SPEAK!!

Not trying to be a homer or anything - but I think JP could produce an extra 2 wins for the Bills this year on determination alone.
Old 09.06.2005, 02:33 PM

[quote author=nickmanning link=board=1;threadid=11135;start=0#msg240661 date=1118317496]
Hey I just watched the uniform unveiling video on BB.com - JP Losman was so pumped he couldn't even speak. That kid is going to be something special I can feel it. Jim Kelly gave him props too - MAN I AM SO PUMPED FOR JP I CAN BARELY SPEAK!!

Not trying to be a homer or anything - but I think JP could produce an extra 2 wins for the Bills this year on determination alone.
[/quote]

JP Losman is an attention ***** who talks trash and acts like a madman just to ***** the press. Hopefully he can back up what he claims this year.