New To College Football - Page 51 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Sponsored Links

Old 12.11.2015, 03:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northumberland Knight View Post
Until you clarified it, I imagined a room full of people drunkenly impersonating former Boro Italian striker Fabrizio RAVanelli!!!
That was downstairs
Sponsored Links
Old 12.11.2015, 04:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It is yes, that's where I saw it Stu, and very enjoyable it was too. 'Signing Day' also on Netflix which I thoroughly enjoyed.

KS/Ohio was a bit one way traffic Bobby, however - Toledo/CMU and BGSU/WM are both worth a watch!
I watched KS/Ohio last night, I actually really enjoyed it tho KS were shockingly poor. I quite liked the small close ground and low key atmosphere. l think I may have developed a soft spot for Ohio
I have the choice of the Toledo, Bowling Green or Northern Illinois to watch this afternoon/tonight.

Quote:
The legendary former Runaways vocalist Cherie Currie is playing at The Globe pub near the Arena. I actually saw The Runaways perform on the last date of their first ever UK tour in 1976 - this is her first UK appearance ever since then. so hoping it'll be a good night.
Ah nice one. Actually thats one bar Iv never ever been to in Town even though I only live 5 mins drive away and drive pass it most weeks. Maybe I'll pop in for the next Ravanelli rave karaoke !
Old 12.11.2015, 04:24 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylee73 View Post
I watched KS/Ohio last night, I actually really enjoyed it tho KS were shockingly poor. I quite liked the small close ground and low key atmosphere. l think I may have developed a soft spot for Ohio
I have the choice of the Toledo, Bowling Green or Northern Illinois to watch this afternoon/tonight.
All decent games those Bobby, reasonably close affairs and some good football played in each of the 1st two. I haven't watched N Ill/Buff myself yet.
Old 12.11.2015, 04:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylee73 View Post
I watched Bowling Green @ Kent State a few weeks back, 48-0 Bowling Green. Bowling Green have a high powered offence, but Kent State were poor. Kent State have produced a few players over the years too - Jack Lambert, James Harrison, Josh Cribbs, Usama Young, Julian Edelman, and Antonio Gates (though he never played Football, he played Basketball). Lou Holtz and Nick Saban have played/coached there too.
Old 12.11.2015, 05:21 PM
Pro Bowler

Yeah they didnt really look like scoring against Ohio either. Got the 2nd half of Toledo game to watch & then I'll watch the Bowling Green game from last night.

Is that Edelman from the Patriots ?
Old 24.11.2015, 12:32 AM
Rookie

As some of you have helped others I'm here asking as well!

I'm a Raiders fan originally from Leeds but want to try get into the college game a bit more. I realise it's the end of the season but can catch a game and then learn about the team a bit more.

I'd prefer an Eastern team (only bad thing about the Raiders is the late kickoffs!) and probably a small-ish school. Wouldn't mind a team that is a "punches above their weight" sort of team!
Old 24.11.2015, 03:05 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners View Post

I'm a Raiders fan originally from Leeds but want to try get into the college game a bit more. I realise it's the end of the season but can catch a game and then learn about the team a bit more.

I'd prefer an Eastern team (only bad thing about the Raiders is the late kickoffs!) and probably a small-ish school. Wouldn't mind a team that is a "punches above their weight" sort of team!
Have a look at the ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference).

Its a division full of teams with a great history who had fallen on hard times and relatively speaking young colleges at A1 level who are making a name for themselves. Also they are all based on the East so reasonable K/O times.
Old 24.11.2015, 01:54 PM
MVP

Maybe a Big Ten West team like Wisconsin or Nebraska (they were a powerhouse but have fell off a bit in recent years) decent teams and one of them is going to get to championship game most years to play the "heavyweights" Sparty, Michigan and Ohio State. Or if you want punching above their weight how about Iowa although it's quite likely this season won't be repeated for a few years.
Old 24.11.2015, 02:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners View Post

To add to previous suggestions I'd recommend a team from the top half of the American Athletic Conference. Not in the power five conferences but making their presence felt despite being smaller and less powerful in recruiting circles.
Old 24.11.2015, 06:37 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'm very grateful!

It's gonna be Duke I think. They seem to completely fill the "up and coming team" requirement. They don't have that many big names in the NFL and don't really get many players picked, at least until the last couple of years so I'm going to roll with them I think.

Thanks for the help again!