The selling/buying of tickets is not permitted on the forum - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 26.09.2013, 07:00 PM
Rookie

Default Ticket Nightmare with Viagogo

Had a total nightmare with Viagogo. Prior to today I would have rated them a 1 out of 5, they've crept up to a 2 out of 5 only because after 3 phone calls and an email I've finally received a refund.

Speaking only about Viagogo, I've had no experience of the other 2 mentioned but imagine they work in much the same way.

I believe Viagogo actually make the tickets MORE Expensive for fans. Some of the prices were eye watering, including the tickets I bought that could not be provided.

For the previous 2 games I've bought my tickets from Ebay or Gumtree. However, ebay put all their ticket traffic on to Stub hub so that's closed that route up so really it's only gumtree left.

Gumtree works because the seller advertises, buyer picks up phone, they negotiate and a deal is struck. Seller gets cash Buyer gets tickets. Simple

Viagogo charge an awful lot of money to get in between the Buyer and Seller and over complicate a simple transaction. Despite the ridiculous middle man fee they're charging they still manage to nause it all up.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I really think it's in the Fan's interests that a ticket buying/selling part is added to this forum.
Sponsored Links
Old 27.09.2013, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalone77 View Post
I really think it's in the Fan's interests that a ticket buying/selling part is added to this forum.
So, I sell you a forged ticket and do a runner with your money. Unable to get a refund from me you decide to sue NFLUK for the ticket price and £10,000,000 compensation for the heartbreak of missing the game. NFLUK go broke, everybody loses.
Old 27.09.2013, 10:37 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Another place for touts/agencies (or people working for them) to pick up cheap tickets to sell on.

Seriously, policing such a thing would be a non-trivial task (how do you decide who's a "genuine fan" and who might be buying for resale? Who deals with sales that go wrong ? etc. etc.)
Old 28.09.2013, 05:30 PM
Rookie

Oh the drama. Gumtree have yet to be put out of business and ebay were moderately successful at allowing people to flog on tickets. But you're right NFLUK could get bankrupted because someone bought a fake ; )
Old 28.09.2013, 05:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post
Another place for touts/agencies (or people working for them) to pick up cheap tickets to sell on.

Seriously, policing such a thing would be a non-trivial task (how do you decide who's a "genuine fan" and who might be buying for resale? Who deals with sales that go wrong ? etc. etc.)
Who has to worry about 'policing' and who deals with sales that go wrong when you buy through a website like gumtree. It's normally a case of buyer beware.
Old 28.09.2013, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

It's not going to happen - its a discussion forum and not a marketplace specifically designed for selling tickets.

Also, a word to those making comments along the lines of "I had two tickets to sell, but I won't advertise them after seeing this" - I know your game

Last edited by Vincent; 28.09.2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 28.09.2013, 08:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Who has to worry about 'policing' and who deals with sales that go wrong when you buy through a website like gumtree. It's normally a case of buyer beware.
But at the same time with places like eBay, Gumtree, Stubhub, Seatwave, Getmein, viagogo etc. Why do we need this forum to sell tickets as well?

At the end of the day companies like eBay and even gumtree have much more robust legal terms and conditions in place than we could ever get on here. I mean we don't even get a pound sign bug fixed so I can't see NFLUK ploughing thousands of pounds into legal advice to allow selling on here.
Old 28.09.2013, 09:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
But at the same time with places like eBay, Gumtree, Stubhub, Seatwave, Getmein, viagogo etc. Why do we need this forum to sell tickets as well?

At the end of the day companies like eBay and even gumtree have much more robust legal terms and conditions in place than we could ever get on here. I mean we don't even get a pound sign bug fixed so I can't see NFLUK ploughing thousands of pounds into legal advice to allow selling on here.
Good Point. I was merely highlighting the rip off fees that Viagogo charge for providing a pretty shoddy service ! I would personally prefer to speak to someone from a forum like this one, meet up and pay cash. Far simpler for all concerned.
Old 28.09.2013, 09:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
It's not going to happen - its a discussion forum and not a marketplace specifically designed for selling tickets.

Also, a word to those making comments along the lines of "I had two tickets to sell, but I won't advertise them after seeing this" - I know your game
Good to see an officer of the law keeping pace with the guys wearing black hats.
Old 28.09.2013, 10:48 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Good Point. I was merely highlighting the rip off fees that Viagogo charge for providing a pretty shoddy service ! I would personally prefer to speak to someone from a forum like this one, meet up and pay cash. Far simpler for all concerned.
But gumtree and eBay are very cheap. Craiglist is very popular in the states and theres no guarantee you wouldn't just get touts or even worse on here if tickets were being bought and sold.