Which Rookie QB will start first? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 08.05.2017, 08:00 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor boys reborn View Post
Kiser is only raw though in the sense of what mock draft experts consider to be raw

In terms of coming out of college he is seasoned or raw as any other before, like Manning or Elway or whichever QB you can think of

Sure that doesn't mean he should be put in but in terms of just sticking a rookie in to get him time and experience, let him get those knocks, then he isn't raw
He reminds me hugely of EJ Manuel. Physically gifted, inconsistent as can be. Because of what happened Kolb EJ had to start way too early and never recovered. He needs to sit and learn, and personally I think it's a terrible fit as there is basically no one to learn from in Cleveland. Watson or even Peterman made a lot more sense than Kizer. Alongside Mahomes I think Kizer was the worst QB fit for the Browns
Sponsored Links
Old 08.05.2017, 09:48 AM
All Pro

Kizer is raw and will throw some boneheaded interceptions but there really is little point in not putting him out there and seeing if he develops.

If he fails, the Browns will be in a position to select another QB next year. If he excels, then they have their franchise QB. Its not like they a) have someone else who can be a franchise guy (and no, Kessler is not before anyone suggests it) and b) are in a position to make a playoff push.

Trubisky seems nailed on to start after the Bears off-week (Week 10?). Give him the end of the season (assuming the Bears are under .500) to dip his toe into NFL action while lessening the pressure.

Mahomes may well have to wait until 2019 if Smith continues to win games. He'll have to hope Smith has a dip in form or he makes it impossible for him not to be selected in training camp/practices.

Watson is probably the hardest to predict. Logic says, he'll beat Savage out in training camp and start week 1. However O'Brien has a history of declaring X is my QB at the start of camp and sticking with that despite what might be obvious to everyone else. It may well be the article is correct that Watson doesn't see the field until Savage underwhelms in the first couple of weeks.
Old 08.05.2017, 04:02 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
He reminds me hugely of EJ Manuel. Physically gifted, inconsistent as can be. Because of what happened Kolb EJ had to start way too early and never recovered. He needs to sit and learn, and personally I think it's a terrible fit as there is basically no one to learn from in Cleveland. Watson or even Peterman made a lot more sense than Kizer. Alongside Mahomes I think Kizer was the worst QB fit for the Browns
I actually think he will be a good fit, better than both Watson and Peterman who is basically Kessler with more manoeuvrability

Though I personally still think Mitch is the best in the class I think both Kiser and Mahomes are better fits than him or the two mentioned above for Jackson offence. Both are big and have big arms and Jackson likes that, that's why he took RG 3 on because of his ability to get out of pocket and throw big but both of these are physically bigger than Robert

I don't think the non vet to learn from will be that big an issue, I'm sure they would take someone if that person is around but no reason why Kiser can't learn without this either
Old 08.05.2017, 04:32 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
smith is an above average QB but he is not that much better than a Hoyer,maybe just played on better teams.

i agree with half of that but Hoyer is very much a worse QB.

Smith makes better decisions, has more playmaking ability (its not a high bar but he is capable) but lacks that special something and can be too careful (although it should really suit the Chiefs given there are a D first team who run the ball and have better receiving options for shorter stuff.)
Old 08.05.2017, 08:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
alex smith has a $20.6m cap hit in 2018 but only $3mish in dead money so the chiefs would be wise to move on if the 33 year old Smith doesn't say win the MVP this year or lead them to the superbowl.if you want to get the full use of maybe drafting your franchise QB and getting him cheap with how the rookie salary cap its no use waiting around till 2019.

smith is an above average QB but he is not that much better than a Hoyer,maybe just played on better teams.
I completely agree with you Lee.
Old 09.05.2017, 07:59 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
i agree with half of that but Hoyer is very much a worse QB.

Smith makes better decisions, has more playmaking ability (its not a high bar but he is capable) but lacks that special something and can be too careful (although it should really suit the Chiefs given there are a D first team who run the ball and have better receiving options for shorter stuff.)
maybe its not all on Alex Smith and maybe about the safety first offence but didn't the Chiefs go the whole 2015 without a wide receiver catching a TD pass.he seems to just quick to hit a check-down even when the Chiefs paid Maclin a lot in free agency.

think last year Smith threw 15TD's to 8 ints so guess he is just ok and maybe better than Hoyer but still behind Tannehill/Bradford/Dalton type guys.

Tags
draft , nfl , quarterback , rookie , sport