Week 2. Patriots @ Jaguars. - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Old 17.09.2018, 08:08 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
I think Tom Brady will again have a big day, with Gronk and the RBs likely to get plenty of targets.

I don’t see the Jags mediocre passing game putting up enough points to give them a realistic chance and I think this will be more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.

Jaguars 20 Patriots 27
And then what happened?
Sponsored Links
Old 17.09.2018, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
And then what happened?
Old 17.09.2018, 03:07 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
How dare you not know of the phenom that is Keelan Cole
Old 17.09.2018, 03:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Proclamations of the Pats demise from Matt are a little too premature - but he is right in that the Jags outplayed them in every facet of the game today, they also out coached them too.

I'm not hugely worried - the Pats usually have one of these games in September, and despite how bad they played they did have a shot to get back into the game in the 4th quarter. I thought Sony Michel looked good in his limited snaps, and in general the offence was fine. Defence was an utter tire fire, literally made one or two plays all day - that was the most worrying aspect of the performance...but if there is anything we've learnt in the past two decades it's the Pats in September are a completely different proposition to the Pats in December/January.

I have no idea why Belichick punted on 4th and inches after that reversed spot however - that was absolutely absurd coaching.

An observation I've made from very limited viewing, but I think the Jags might be a better offence without Fournette. Without him they're forced to open things up and get more creative, and I think it works well. Corey Grant is a legit weapon out of the backfield!
Yeah I was perhaps a little harsh on the assessment of our chances going forward but for most of the game we were atrocious. It maybe wasn't as bad as the KC game last year but it's close! Of course we'll be there or thereabouts by the end of the season and it was positive the way we kind of came back later on in the game, getting some decent drives together and getting the turnovers on the defense.

The defense definitely took a step back from last week, which was disappointing as my big takeaway from the Houston game was how good our D looked (or maybe the Houston offense wasn't very good!). The Jags were able to move the ball with ease and we made Blake Bortle's look like the MVP!
Old 17.09.2018, 09:40 PM
All Pro

It's been years since we had such poor quality DB's.
I can see this hurting us through the season.
Our O-line is back to how it was about 4 years ago as well! Porous!

Jags looked as great if not better than last year! FUlly expecting them to end up having another decent run deep into the post season!