Nfl Europe site - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL UK Shop

Sponsored Links

Old 24.01.2018, 10:08 PM
Rookie

Default Nfl Europe site

Hello. Can someone help me.. I have been looking for weeks for a real nfl merch site. I have looked at loads of obvious fake sites and last night bit the bullet and purchased an Amendola home game Jersey youth large from the official NFL European site. I had looked at reviews and it looked legit... However now I have looked at this site forum and I'm worried sick I've bought something that isn't going to be worth the money I have paid. The description of the Jersey looked good, woven jock tag, silicon printed. (http://m.europe.nflshop.com/stores/n...--youth/230014)

Have I purchased something that is going to disappoint me??
Replies are greatly appreciated!
Sorry if I've posted a repeating question
Thankyou
L
Sponsored Links
Old 24.01.2018, 10:19 PM
Rookie

I have just got a derek carr raiders game jersey and I love it! The quality is fantastic. The silicone printed name and and number are really thick and feel like it will last. Hope this helps.
Old 24.01.2018, 10:27 PM
Rookie

Thankyou for your reply. I'm dreading it arriving and it being terrible quality. When you spend £60 you want a authentic clothing item!! Can I ask.. How long did your item take to arrive? Thankyou
Old 24.01.2018, 10:31 PM
Rookie

About 4 days. If you're not happy with it you can always return it. ☺
Old 24.01.2018, 10:33 PM
Rookie

Thanks ormy, really appreciate your reply. I can return it I suppose but want it for the superbowl next Sunday and they state 14 days for refunds and exchanges.
Old 25.01.2018, 12:00 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormy73 View Post
I have just got a derek carr raiders game jersey and I love it! The quality is fantastic. The silicone printed name and and number are really thick and feel like it will last. Hope this helps.
Errrrr... you said on another thread you got this from Football America, not the NFL Europe shop which is what the OP is asking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzdola View Post
Hello. Can someone help me.. I have been looking for weeks for a real nfl merch site. I have looked at loads of obvious fake sites and last night bit the bullet and purchased an Amendola home game Jersey youth large from the official NFL European site. I had looked at reviews and it looked legit... However now I have looked at this site forum and I'm worried sick I've bought something that isn't going to be worth the money I have paid. The description of the Jersey looked good, woven jock tag, silicon printed. (http://m.europe.nflshop.com/stores/n...--youth/230014)

Have I purchased something that is going to disappoint me??
Replies are greatly appreciated!
Sorry if I've posted a repeating question
Thankyou
L
A list of legit UK retailers is "sticky'd" at the top of this thread.
https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=6537&page=387

I've not seen or heard anything about a recent change by the NFL Europe Shop to supply factory-printed jersies. It's been confirmed very recently in fact they were still printing them to order using shiny heat transfers...
Old 25.01.2018, 12:40 PM
Rookie

Sorry o/p I did get mine from football america. I was commenting on the quality of the silicon numbers as stated in the description provided.
Old 25.01.2018, 05:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post
Errrrr... you said on another thread you got this from Football America, not the NFL Europe shop which is what the OP is asking about.

A list of legit UK retailers is "sticky'd" at the top of this thread.
https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=6537&page=387

I've not seen or heard anything about a recent change by the NFL Europe Shop to supply factory-printed jersies. It's been confirmed very recently in fact they were still printing them to order using shiny heat transfers...

Shiny hear transfer... Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 26.01.2018, 12:37 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzdola View Post
Shiny hear transfer... Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
As it relates to the print quality on a jersey from the NFL Europe Shop, probably not the best thing....

Pretty much everyone who's familiar with Nike's factory silicon prints (as imported from the US - UK sources listed in the thread previously quoted), and the "printed to order" versions supplied by the NFL Europe shop will rate the factory prints as clearly superior, in quality, durability and appearance.

There's a long history of people being "Disappointed" enough with the print quality from NFL Europe to vent - on here and other social media - going back years...

Last edited by BigTone; 26.01.2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 26.01.2018, 10:09 AM
All Pro

I have five NFL jerseys, bought from different sources - the NFL USA shop, the Nike store in New York, a sports shop in Denver, and the Broncos stadium store. I hope the original poster reads what I am about to post next. I have had zero problems with any jersey because....

It never goes near a washing machine. Go to any supermarket and buy a bottle of their handwash liquid. Run the bath with lukewarm water. Turn your jersey inside-out. Place in the foamy bathwater and gently slosh around for a minute or so. Leave the room.

Come back half an hour or so later. Drain the water away. Run the cold tap and gently rinse your jersey. Place a clothes horse or similar in bath. Do not wring your jersey. Simply lift the wet jersey and place it across the drying rack / clothes horse thingy and distribute the weight. Allow jersey to drip the majority of water away. It won’t take long, it’s polyester.

When jersey is almost dry, or at least the weight of the water has dripped away, place a thick clothes hanger in the neck and hang the jersey back on the rack. Once fully dry, shouldn’t need ironed, but if you need to, do it with the jersey still inside-out.

You don’t even need to buy handwash. Go to any of these ‘Poundland’ or ‘Bargain Buys’ stores and buy a bottle of Stardrops - bloody brilliant stuff and great for handwashes.

My oldest jersey is an eight years old Reebok one and has a silicone print. Looks as new as the day I bought it due to it only receiving my handwash routine as outlined above. The numbers and name are as white and uncracked on it as the day I got it.

Here endeth today’s top tip.

Tags
europe , fake , jersey , nfl