Who starts next season at qb? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 30.01.2010, 08:25 PM
Starter

Smile Who starts next season at qb?

So, all the best to Kurt and he leaves with our thanks for the best times Cards have seen.

But who to fill his boots, most think Leinart so we'll take that as a given so let's think a bit further afield...

My fantasy choice would be another qb who may not be everyone's choice but who would get the best from the offense that's already there and lead the team,

Carson P at the Bengals...if not then Young from the Titans (who'd thought that a year ago)...Brees...Rivers...

My other thoughts will be more realistic (only slightly),

Orton (not likely), Vick (no chance), Pennington, Delhomme, Jackson....

What do you all think?
Old 30.01.2010, 10:11 PM
Pro Bowler

I think my choice was mentioned in another thread but I would really like for us to bring Chad Pennington in.
He really impressed me at Miami and I think he proved his up side out wieghs his questionable arm strength.

But I hope whoever we bring in Matt beats them into 2nd string we need him to lead us now, and I think with an offence built round his skill set and not Kurts he will be just fine.

No matter who its both scary and exciting
Old 31.01.2010, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
I think my choice was mentioned in another thread but I would really like for us to bring Chad Pennington in.
He really impressed me at Miami and I think he proved his up side out wieghs his questionable arm strength.

But I hope whoever we bring in Matt beats them into 2nd string we need him to lead us now, and I think with an offence built round his skill set and not Kurts he will be just fine.

No matter who its both scary and exciting
I dont like Pennington at all, in fact the very thought of him in Cardinal red has spoiled my morning
Old 31.01.2010, 11:08 AM
Starter

I'm not sure Pennington would be my choice but I don't think it's a bad shout. Not really sure where else you could go as there aren't exactly a range of super qb's around.

What about Vick, how hard would they try to hold on if we came calling? He is not to everyone's taste with his past as it is, but he showed the ability to deliver big plays and has the mobility to work well even behind a questionable off. line. Different to Warner but has the talent that could make him a star again in the right team.
Old 31.01.2010, 02:45 PM
Pro Bowler

I hate the thought of Vick.
Vick is the kind of QB you have to build a special offense about to take advantage of his running, he has never been a good passer and with the weapons we have I think he would be a very backward step.
Atlantas WRs didn't start to shine until Vick went and they moved their offense to a more 'conventional' style with the aquasition of Ryan and Turner.

Pennington would thrive with our wide outs on tap and our emerging running game. Don't forget the big play wasn't there for us mostly this year but we still proved we could pile on the points, so Chads arm wouldn't be a factor but his accuracy would make him great... If Matt didn't work out for us Chad would be just fine IMO.

If we got Vick (and I don't think there is any chance of it) the offense would be all about him. It would be a waste of Fitz and company and a step back in the developement of the running game
Old 31.01.2010, 05:13 PM
Starter

Agree with you about his time at the Falcons, but he seemed to be different in his performances with the Eagles. He was throwing more passes but still had enough to move around behind the line or beyond.

If not Vick, Kolb at the Eagles is a little bit of a forgotten man, not for a starter but as a back up to Leinart? Kolb has a good arm and is conventional but pretty talented with it. Oddly McNabb is the only one of the three I wouldn't like, everything he throws is short and I don't think that would suit us either.