Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 304 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 07.09.2009, 03:42 PM
All Pro

next month i will be in chicago for the lions game and im like a little kid getting all excited.......bring it on.
Old 07.09.2009, 03:47 PM
All Pro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
next month i will be in chicago for the lions game and im like a little kid getting all excited.......bring it on.
Bet you will have the time of your life mate, wish I was coming also.
Look up Miller's Bar & Rest, just off Michigan Ave, excellent food but expect to wait at least half an hour for a table.

Last edited by Hannibal; 07.09.2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07.09.2009, 04:59 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakester1 View Post
anyone know where you can get a Jay Cutler bears jersey in the uk?
I got my EQT one from the US NFL shop (via Adi)

Ebay is always a good bet, just make sure its real, and the seller marks the value as low so you don't get hit with import charges.
Old 08.09.2009, 09:56 AM
All Pro

If Wolfe was up to much he would have been given at least a few chances last year. I would put AP in at no.2 because he can block pretty well. Having said that I hope the team are actively looking to bring in someone can run hard inside.

So here we go again then, pretty much the best day of the year!

But I'm not overly optimistic...

Purely on talent I think we are third in our division; I thought the same thing last year, after the game against the Texans I concluded I had been right.

We could win the division, but we will need to stay healthy: I don't see that happening.

Cutler is capable of generating more points on Offense and should force every Defense to back off the line a little.

We play against two 3-4 teams immediately, who will press cover with good quality. Right away we will get to see how optimistic the prospects are for our WRs.

At worst I think our Offense will do it's bit (It did ok last year for me also).

Defense is the big question mark. If Marinelli can truly walk on water and cure the lame (no not Harris, I'm looking at you Anderson) Then our D-line will hold it's own allowing our entire philosophy to work the way it should. If we need to Blitz every play we will get cut to pieces again this year.

Back on the subject of health. How far into the season do we go before our 2nd and third D-backs have to start because of injuries?

As always the Pack and Vikes are the teams we have to beat. Can we get to Rodgers? Can we stop AP? Those the the most important questions.

The first two games certainly have me buzzing what ever.

Our D stinks:7-9
Our D averages less than 23pts: 9-7
Our D averages less than 20pts: 11-5
Old 09.09.2009, 10:30 AM
Pro Bowler

Whats mental is how high the defence is being ranked in polls at the moment.
USAToday had us at number 2 behind Pittsburgh last week!!!
Old 09.09.2009, 11:08 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbear1 View Post
I couldn't agree more. At best it is a top 15 Defense.
Old 09.09.2009, 11:24 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
You lucky git lol!

Very jealous!
Old 09.09.2009, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbear1 View Post
I think that just goes to show how much reputations matter. I do think our defence has the potential to be good but it's all a bit full of if's and maybe's.

Lets put it this way: If Tommie Harris plays as well as he did at random intervals consistently and Charles Tillman comes back fully healthy and Zach Bowman starts to live up to the TC hype we could be a decent defence again...

One thing we do always seem to get though is turnovers so that's a strength and we stopped the run very well last year. If we have a more balanced defence I think we will likely be middle-ish in both areas.
Old 09.09.2009, 03:22 PM
Starter

I think the potential is there when how poorly we played at times last year, yet still only just missed out on the post season.
Many of the wrinkles should have been ironed out, giving plenty of optimism for considerable improvement.

I think Sunday night could be very, very close, and hand on heart, I've no idea which way it will go.
Old 09.09.2009, 04:20 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC6 View Post
I think the potential is there when how poorly we played at times last year, yet still only just missed out on the post season.
Many of the wrinkles should have been ironed out, giving plenty of optimism for considerable improvement.

I think Sunday night could be very, very close, and hand on heart, I've no idea which way it will go.
Tough start but whatever the score i feel we will finish above the Pack this year!
Above Vikes not sure?
But def above Lions (i hope lol)