Old 09.01.2019, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Default Playoffs. Chargers @ Patriots.

Game day thread.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 09.01.2019, 03:21 PM
All Pro

Genuine 50/50 game this for me - anybody expecting a Patriots roll over clearly hasn’t watched them or the Chargers this season.

Chargers are the more talented side - I'd say the Pats are much better coached however, and obviously winning in January in Foxboro is the “Everest” of the NFL.

Think this is going to be a fairly low scoring game - a 20-17 type of game. The Chargers D is playing very well and the Pats just don’t have the weapons this year to cause such a good D much trouble - Pats might be able to run it a bit I fancy though.

However Chargers O has been poor with Gordon banged up, and the Pats D (well the Pats secondary) has been superb. I actually have more faith in our D than our O in this one, think we can get to Rivers enough too.

Whatever happens - should be a good game. And I think these two franchises will still be competing for another year or two at least yet
Old 09.01.2019, 10:25 PM
MVP

If it wasn't the Patriots, I'd genuinely fancy the Chargers. Problem is, the Patriots always find a way to win in the Playoffs. At least up until the Superbowl.
Old 10.01.2019, 08:41 PM
All Pro

I think this will be the closest game of the weekend and although the Patriots have a reputation for winning at home in the playoffs I have a sneaking suspicion the Chargers are going to win by 3 points or less.
Old 10.01.2019, 08:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Easiest game of the week to call imo, as much as I would like to be wrong. The Patriots are nowhere near as one dimensional as Baltimore Offensively, and I expect them to do a lot of damage utilising their RBs out of the backfield. The Chargers need to establish their running game early to have a shot, and they certainly have the talent at RB to do that, but I think they’ll turn it over at least a couple of times as New England rolls to a fairly comfortable win.

Patriots 31 Chargers 20
Old 11.01.2019, 11:04 AM
Team Captain

TB12 still playing for the Pats, BB still in charge of the Pats, Play-off football in January at Foxboro = Pats win, in a close contest though.

Pats 28-24 Chargers
Old 11.01.2019, 05:03 PM
All Pro

I think the Patriots just squeak past the Chargers but to be honest I won't be annoyed if the Chargers win as I would like to see Philip Rivers win a SB ring and would happily cheer them on after Sunday.
Old 12.01.2019, 09:59 AM
Pro Bowler

I fully expect the Patriots to win at home in January, but i won't be shedding any tears for them if the Chargers prove me wrong.

Chargers 28 - 31 Patriots.
Old 12.01.2019, 06:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Genuine 50/50 game this for me - anybody expecting a Patriots roll over clearly hasn’t watched them or the Chargers this season.

Chargers are the more talented side - I'd say the Pats are much better coached however, and obviously winning in January in Foxboro is the “Everest” of the NFL.

Think this is going to be a fairly low scoring game - a 20-17 type of game. The Chargers D is playing very well and the Pats just don’t have the weapons this year to cause such a good D much trouble - Pats might be able to run it a bit I fancy though.

However Chargers O has been poor with Gordon banged up, and the Pats D (well the Pats secondary) has been superb. I actually have more faith in our D than our O in this one, think we can get to Rivers enough too.

Whatever happens - should be a good game. And I think these two franchises will still be competing for another year or two at least yet
think we will move the ball on the Chargers defence but like last seasons match up think our red zone offence(or lack of it) could keep this close.

Gordon has now got issues with both knee's which could make there offence one dimensional and even our pass rush will get to Rivers.

still hoping we see a slightly healthy Gronk tonight and maybe he roll's back the years with a 100 yard 2TD's performance(and a pass break up on a last play hail mary).
Old 13.01.2019, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

One game I can actually get to watch this weekend, hopefully it will live up to all expectation.