Pre Season Games - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 15.08.2017, 08:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Watched the condensed Rams game (well it didn't have my full attention but got the general idea).

The Kellen Moore question seems to have reared it's ugly head again. He just doesn't have the physical skill set to trouble NFL defences. He seems to be viewed as 'safe' when it comes to making decisions if called upon, but it's hard not to think it's all a little too safe. If Dak was injured, you might not turn the ball over, but you aren't going to move the chains either. Maybe with Beasley and Switzer on the field the Cowboys could game plan for Moore, but you just feel like teams are able to bring all their players down into the box to either stuff the run or stop short passing plays.

It's going to be interesting to see how Cooper Rush plays in the next couple of games for sure.
Sponsored Links
Old 15.08.2017, 09:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Watched the condensed Rams game (well it didn't have my full attention but got the general idea).

The Kellen Moore question seems to have reared it's ugly head again. He just doesn't have the physical skill set to trouble NFL defences. He seems to be viewed as 'safe' when it comes to making decisions if called upon, but it's hard not to think it's all a little too safe. If Dak was injured, you might not turn the ball over, but you aren't going to move the chains either. Maybe with Beasley and Switzer on the field the Cowboys could game plan for Moore, but you just feel like teams are able to bring all their players down into the box to either stuff the run or stop short passing plays.

It's going to be interesting to see how Cooper Rush plays in the next couple of games for sure.
But isnt that true of any back up QB situation? the opposing D know the score and will stuff the box and cover short yardage and of course know the running game will be more prevalent.Nice to see Taco show some upside-he looks far more comfortable on the right.Collins still scares me at RT got clean beat a couple of times but in fairness, he does look better at pass pro
Old 19.08.2017, 08:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
But isnt that true of any back up QB situation? the opposing D know the score and will stuff the box and cover short yardage and of course know the running game will be more prevalent.Nice to see Taco show some upside-he looks far more comfortable on the right.Collins still scares me at RT got clean beat a couple of times but in fairness, he does look better at pass pro
Despite the talk of Taco not living up to his potential at times in camp it's very early in the process. He'll flash from time to time, he'll go missing from time to time, he's a rookie at the end of the day. He'll get plenty of reps though, whether it be on the left or the right, which can only be a good thing. Although we have to remember when he does make plays that he isn't always facing off against starting calibre tackles.

No doubt about it though, Jaylon Smith's debut is going to dominate the Cowboys headlines tomorrow one way or another.
Old 25.08.2017, 08:43 PM
All Pro

Hope Mack starts for Raiders-gonna be a test for Collins
Old 25.08.2017, 08:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Hope Mack starts for Raiders-gonna be a test for Collins
The third game is typically the one where the starters see the most game time in preseason, but as we are playing again in the regular season I wouldn't expect the starters to see much game time. Hopefully Conley and Melifonwu will play some part though after being injured through training camp.
Old 27.08.2017, 03:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
The third game is typically the one where the starters see the most game time in preseason, but as we are playing again in the regular season I wouldn't expect the starters to see much game time. Hopefully Conley and Melifonwu will play some part though after being injured through training camp.
Well i thought Collins did well, more or less did a job on Mack, good to see, and Green did ok at LG so i,m more optimistic than this time last week!