Seattle Seahawks Thread - Page 50 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Seattle Seahawks

Old 08.01.2006, 12:06 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Re:Seattle Seahawks Thread

[quote author=AdiBear link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=480#msg393672 date=1136669109]
[quote author=HawksHead link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=480#msg393649 date=1136668567]
[quote author=AdiBear link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=480#msg393635 date=1136668135]
[quote author=Blueboy link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=480#msg393624 date=1136667744]
No need to fear anyone at Qwest field Matt with the 12th man there as well!

But in all seriousness, the only team i am worried about is the Panthers, i think they could take us all the way.
[/quote]

havnt you forgetten some one

we have the best D in the NFL...(I dont care what they say about Tampa) and D player of the year (Lac) and also Coach of the year....I would keep an eye on us.....
[/quote]

Not forgotten the Bears but we are wondering who we could be playing NEXT week!
[/quote]

IMO I think you guys are going to get Washington and we get the Giants...but I would like us to get the Buc's only because they are a team much like us..run team with a great D.
[/quote]

Sorry to say this Adi but I gotta funny feeling that we're gonna be seeing the Giants again this season what with fate and what went on at QWEST earlier this year
Old 08.01.2006, 12:32 PM
MVP

[quote author=noggs link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=480#msg394911 date=1136721648]
Is anybody remotely concerned about the 'skins coming to QWEST next week

They're banged up big time, really struggled on O with an OK crowd noise (imagine the reception in Seattle ) and that secondary is gonna get killed by Hass to D-Jack, JJ, Stevens, Hackett & Engram coz they'll have to play 8 in the box to contain SA and our WR's are gonna think its Xmas again
[/quote]

I think the Seahawks should trying looking by the skins and worry about facing Bears/Giants/Panthers. Ignore the redskins, please.
Old 08.01.2006, 12:49 PM
Pro Bowler

[quote author=Riggo link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=480#msg394945 date=1136723527]
[quote author=noggs link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=480#msg394911 date=1136721648]
Is anybody remotely concerned about the 'skins coming to QWEST next week

They're banged up big time, really struggled on O with an OK crowd noise (imagine the reception in Seattle ) and that secondary is gonna get killed by Hass to D-Jack, JJ, Stevens, Hackett & Engram coz they'll have to play 8 in the box to contain SA and our WR's are gonna think its Xmas again
[/quote]

I think the Seahawks should trying looking by the skins and worry about facing Bears/Giants/Panthers. Ignore the redskins, please.
[/quote]

Coming from the East coast its an NFL rule that you're not to be ignored, irrespective of how good/bad you are as opposed to the great North West
Old 08.01.2006, 02:08 PM
All Pro

If we turn the ball over like the Buccs did then its suicide but I am happy for anyone to visit in January!!
Old 08.01.2006, 04:33 PM
MVP

[quote author=KingdomeUK link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=480#msg395071 date=1136729283]
If we turn the ball over like the Buccs did then its suicide but I am happy for anyone to visit in January!!
[/quote]

Very good point.
I've been in a high all day after the redskin win. I won't worry too much about the seahawks until after today's games.
Old 09.01.2006, 09:18 AM
All Pro

Congrats Riggo on the win. How the hell you won that one with your offence output is incredible. But I got a soft spot for you guys as a couple of guys from work support the skins.

I bet even you didn't think you'd be in this position when you were 5-6.

Good luck at QWest field on Saturday as you will need a heck of alot of it to beat us.

!!GO HAWKS!!
Old 09.01.2006, 10:20 AM
MVP

today i'm worrying about the seahawks.

About the redskin win over bucs: Anyone can win when you play great. But to win when your offense is almost completely stopped, that's pretty good. To be fair, the skins did score a touchdown when the Bucs could have held them to a field goal. And the skins did answer the bucs first field with a field of their own to keep the lead at 14. That drive for the field goal did kill any 1st half the bucs might have gotten when they got on the board.

Week 4 match-up agains Hawks: I had to listen to the game on the radio and don't remember much. I know the redskins dodged a bullet with a hawks missed field goal and then won in OT. The only thing anybody remembers about that game is the missed hawks field goal that "gave" the game to the skins. I was just looking a the stats (stats are for losers, yes I know and I wish somebody would remind the odd buc fan that can't get by the playoff loss) and judging from the stats it looked like an even game.

Since then the hawks had a consistent season, the redskins a big dip then a great run at the end.

Whats the best way to defeat the Seahawks?

I tell you how to beat the redskins:
Throw it deep all day.

To stop redskin offense:
blitz blitz blitz

Now my redskin cohorts will tell me how wrong I am.

Old 09.01.2006, 10:51 AM
All Pro

If I remember right about the regular season Hawks @ Skins game, we let a shed load of 3rd and long conversions in OT.

"Throw it deep all day" - withh our west coast offence we don't tend to do that much, but we do have D-Jack back to full strength and DJ Hackett has caught a couple of long passes this season. Don't think you'll see many deep balls tho.

"blitz blitz blitz" - God I do hope we try and blitz a bit more than we usually do. But again we're not a big blitzing team.

As for beating us...

I don't think you will get much joy on the ground, so I can only see you beating us if you can get the passing game together. We are playing quite deep this season, due to the fact we got beaten over the top way too much the season before. This means you may be able to pick up a lot of small gains. But we have one of the best redzone defences in the league so it's one thing getting to the 20, but another coming away with a TD.

So this goes hand in hand with giving Brunell some time in the pocket, if you don't then we will give him a rough ride.

As for stopping our O......that could be a tad trickier. You will have to load up the box to stop Shaun, which will then open up our short pasing game. With D-Jack, Engrem, JJ all starting we should be able to advance at will. Getting to Hasslebeck is a must for you guys.

But you could always put a hit out on (pro-bowler) Walt Jones, but then we have (pro-bowler) Hutch as well!
Old 09.01.2006, 12:05 PM
All Pro

I don't think you need to worry about us, we suck (apparently!)

I seem to recall we had the game wrapped up at one point then gave up a long gain to Alexander from which you tied it with a TD. We held him most of the game but most is not enough. A good back can hurt you any time.

Our O certainly needs to improve from Saturday and we are a bit banged up. Hopefully Springs (remember him!?) will be back so our secondary will be at full strength (bar a few nicks), but We lost our DE Wynn with a broken arm which doesn't help.

Noone expects us to win because we can't win...can we?
Old 09.01.2006, 12:38 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Crazy87 link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=495#msg396541 date=1136808350]
I don't think you need to worry about us, we suck (apparently!)

I seem to recall we had the game wrapped up at one point then gave up a long gain to Alexander from which you tied it with a TD. We held him most of the game but most is not enough. A good back can hurt you any time.

Our O certainly needs to improve from Saturday and we are a bit banged up. Hopefully Springs (remember him!?) will be back so our secondary will be at full strength (bar a few nicks), but We lost our DE Wynn with a broken arm which doesn't help.

Noone expects us to win because we can't win...can we?
[/quote]

Reverse psychology at work here methinks?

If anything we've learnt not to dismiss anyones chances. There is the personal angle for the regular season defeat. The most polite way to put it is that of the remaining teams the Skins are #6 seeds.