NFL UK Dynasty League official league thread - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > NFL Fantasy Games

Old 02.01.2013, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stueyh111 View Post
As said before, when I joined this wasn't going to be a money league and therefore any prize increase isn't particularly welcomed from my point of view, but if the overwhelming majority want to up it to £15 then I'll play along.

If this will be a regular increase each year or turning it into a really competitive money league is where you want to take the league then I'll happily stand aside now, as it's not really what I'm looking for out of this.
I tend to agree, im all for a little wager and happy enough for £15 but wouldn't want it to get much more in the future.
Old 02.01.2013, 01:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
I think I've done it correctly - I just went to 'Submit Lineup' and selected the players I want to start this week. If I go back now they are still there, waiting to be edited, so I think that's right.
Yes that is how you do it.

Just remember that you can only pick a player once throughout the play offs, and I have changed it to a PPR format just for the play offs
Old 02.01.2013, 01:13 PM
All Pro

Quote:
As said before, when I joined this wasn't going to be a money league and therefore any prize increase isn't particularly welcomed from my point of view, but if the overwhelming majority want to up it to £15 then I'll play along.

If this will be a regular increase each year or turning it into a really competitive money league is where you want to take the league then I'll happily stand aside now, as it's not really what I'm looking for out of this.
No I don't have any intention of increasing the entry past £15.

It was just with the cost of the league and wanting to be able to offer 'incentives' to ensure everyone plays to win every single week.

I think by upping to £15 each I would be able to do this.

12 x £15 entry = £180 minus £45 league fee would mean we have a total of £135 in the prize fund - which is enough in my opinion.

With this pot I would suggest the following:

1st £60
2nd £30
3rd £15
Toilet Bowl Champion £15
Most Points For at the end of regular season £15

A lot of the time the £15 would be an incentive to have the following season's entry money paid for.

I don't want to lose you from the league Stu so I hope this increase wouldn't put you off?
Old 02.01.2013, 06:37 PM
Team Captain

Looking at the scoring for the play-offs, are we only using whole numbers and not .1 ('s) ?

I know it probably won't matter as the odds are far greater, but just in case a tie after all the rounds occurs, so it can be decisive.............plus I hate getting a 79 yards and only getting 7 points instead of 7.9 !!!
Old 02.01.2013, 06:48 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo1904 View Post
No I don't have any intention of increasing the entry past £15.

It was just with the cost of the league and wanting to be able to offer 'incentives' to ensure everyone plays to win every single week.

I think by upping to £15 each I would be able to do this.

12 x £15 entry = £180 minus £45 league fee would mean we have a total of £135 in the prize fund - which is enough in my opinion.

With this pot I would suggest the following:

1st £60
2nd £30
3rd £15
Toilet Bowl Champion £15
Most Points For at the end of regular season £15

A lot of the time the £15 would be an incentive to have the following season's entry money paid for.

I don't want to lose you from the league Stu so I hope this increase wouldn't put you off?
OK mate. Then that's fine.

I'm not so bothered about the £5, more the assurance that the league isn't heading towards an increase each year.

£15 is a good compromise. Happy to move to that if you think it will help the league.
Old 02.01.2013, 10:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo1904 View Post
Paul / James, if possible could you send me your bank details by PM & I will transfer the money via online banking?

Cheers
sort it when you get some pp if you want mate. How much am I due anyway? Might as well let you keep it for years in advance fees

(not that I'm swimming in cash, but it just saves messing about)
Old 02.01.2013, 10:58 PM
Pro Bowler

While I'm here Chris. I'm thinking of setting up a dyno on another forum I go on, is that £45 fee standard on MFL? If so, them lads defo won't be up for it. I do 3 leagues every year with them and never in 7 years have I ever seen one trade so a fee would be a deal breaker for sure

Still upset about Matt Flynn, watch him go to Arizona now this off season.

One more, I'm that sad when it comes to this league I was reading a long very very dull tape breakdown of Terelle Pryors game against San Diego yesterday. Who does that?
Old 03.01.2013, 06:05 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokerzammo View Post
Looking at the scoring for the play-offs, are we only using whole numbers and not .1 ('s) ?

I know it probably won't matter as the odds are far greater, but just in case a tie after all the rounds occurs, so it can be decisive.............plus I hate getting a 79 yards and only getting 7 points instead of 7.9 !!!
It should be 0.1 because I just copied everything over from our own game and then just changed it to a contest style league and added 1 point per reception?

But I will double check. I hate not having decimal scoring as well!
Old 03.01.2013, 06:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
OK mate. Then that's fine.

I'm not so bothered about the £5, more the assurance that the league isn't heading towards an increase each year.

£15 is a good compromise. Happy to move to that if you think it will help the league.
Great news. If no one else has any problems then I will increase the fee to £15 for next season.

Cheers lads and good luck In the play off game
Old 03.01.2013, 06:12 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbpaul View Post
While I'm here Chris. I'm thinking of setting up a dyno on another forum I go on, is that £45 fee standard on MFL? If so, them lads defo won't be up for it. I do 3 leagues every year with them and never in 7 years have I ever seen one trade so a fee would be a deal breaker for sure

Still upset about Matt Flynn, watch him go to Arizona now this off season.

One more, I'm that sad when it comes to this league I was reading a long very very dull tape breakdown of Terelle Pryors game against San Diego yesterday. Who does that?
Yes it's a standard fee ($69.99) which gets higher if you don't pay by a certain time. Not worth using MFL unless its a very active league IMO. Fleaflicker would be my choice if trades aren't taking place, otherwise ESPN

Oh and sorry about Matt Flynn