Planning Tips for a Lambeau Visit in 2017 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 21.10.2016, 02:04 PM
Rookie

Default Planning Tips for a Lambeau Visit in 2017

Hi all,

My wife and I would love to head over and see the Packers play at home, but as my wife works in a school I have some problems to iron out.

We'd love to spend more time in the States beyond a day either side of the game, and so we need to plan around the holidays. Given that the season starts in September, the October half term looks most likely. How far in advance can we know that the Packers are playing at home on a particular weekend (or Thursday) so that we can plan a trip over?

I imagine going later is a little dicey, as it relies on them getting to the post-season, which isn't always guaranteed.

Also, any tips for booking flights/hotels, and other sights around Wisconsin to see while we're there would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 21.10.2016, 10:10 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucibleofWords View Post
Hi all,

My wife and I would love to head over and see the Packers play at home, but as my wife works in a school I have some problems to iron out.

We'd love to spend more time in the States beyond a day either side of the game, and so we need to plan around the holidays. Given that the season starts in September, the October half term looks most likely. How far in advance can we know that the Packers are playing at home on a particular weekend (or Thursday) so that we can plan a trip over?

I imagine going later is a little dicey, as it relies on them getting to the post-season, which isn't always guaranteed.

Also, any tips for booking flights/hotels, and other sights around Wisconsin to see while we're there would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I'm in exactly the same boat, my wife is a teacher so it's tough for us both to get out there.

The season schedule is released in April, there are no definitive dates but it's usually around the 3rd week.

Packersfantours can arrange game ticket and a hotel within walking distance if Lambeau, if you haven't been before this is worth a look at, if you want to book a hotel yourself you'll be staying farther out as packersfantours book all close hotels for their packages.

Booking hotel yourself and getting a ticket from NFL ticket exchange is the cheaper option if you wait until a few days before the game to buy your e-ticket and use local taxis or Uber to get to the stadium area.

If you want to go to Lambeau your going to have to hope the Packers are at home either Sunday, Monday or Thursday night of the half term week in October. There also the opportunity of going to Green Bay for new year if they have a home game on the 31/12/17 as the school holidays will be until 8/1/18.

For the Scots they are a little luckier, the kids get 2 weeks in October which gives more scope.

Given the choice I'd go for the October game, in '07 me and my wife had the last game of the season booked, turned out to be a little of a let down as Favre played just a half of his 3rd last game as a Packer, by last game of the season your chancing it being a meaningless game.

If you need anymore info give me a shout, been a few times over the years and I'm also planning on going to Lambeau next season so I might catch you for a beer!
Old 09.01.2017, 04:31 PM
Rookie

Planning a trip myself later this year and my research led me to this site.

Hello

Looks like a flight to Chicago then hiring a car is the best option?

Packages look to be in the £1300 ball park?

Thought that would be easy to beat organising it myself but then started adding a few things up based on a 3 night stay, going friday coming back Monday

Flights £450
Hire Car £80
Petrol £80
Hotel £350?
Ticket £250? £150 possible? might as well get a good ticket if i can

That comes to £1200ish

I'm flexible in that I can go from any time late September through to Jan

Guess you've got to be quick off the mark in April to book hotels when the fixtures come out. Are games ever moved for TV after the schedules are released? When they FLEX is it ever to a Thursday or Monday?

lots of questions TIA for any advice
Old 30.01.2017, 08:18 PM
Starter

Hi,

In answer to your questions:

If you are going purely do the game I wouldn't bother flying into Chicago and then hiring a car, you'd be looking at a 4 hour drive from the airport to Lambeau.

There are 2 ways to book your trip.

1. Book a flight and hotel package using Expedia or the like and then get your own ticket.

This option will give you access to a seat of your choice but your hotel probably won't be within walking distance of Lambeau as eventusa pretty much have all the close hotels booked out for their packages.

I would always recommend NFL Ticketexchange if you use this option as they have immediate e-delivery on many of the tickets.

If your not bothered about using Uber or taxiing in and out this is the option for you and is the option I'll be using when I book this years jaunt.

2. Book a hotel and ticket package using Eventusa and then book a flight separately.

I've used eventusa a few times, always dependable, silver and gold package hotels are within walking distance of Lambeau but you will pay a little more and get the cheapest end zone seats with the package. You'll also get access to style all you can eat / drink at the tailgate in the car park next to Brett Favres steakhouse but can buy this for $25 from them. From experience I would bother with the tailgate and drink in and around Lambeau spending more time tailgating n the parking lot.

You can upgrade your seat if you so wish but from experience have found this to be quite expensive to do so.

Also note that the day before the game and day of the game are the expensive hotel days, I paid $150 for an extra night with eventusa as thats what they charged but then found I could have booked it direct with the hotel for $80.

This is for you if you want to be close to Lambeau and the nearby bars.

You do have to be quick off the mark for some of the games, NFC north games are always busy as well as the Seahawks for this year.

The schedule is usually released around the 3rd week of April, as for your FLEX question once to date is set that's the date of the game.

Flexing only allows for change of kickoff time, not date of game.

I'd avoid going last game of the season for reasons I've given above.

I've also stated PM'd you my mobile number to drop me a text if you want any more info.

Last edited by liamparr4; 30.01.2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 30.01.2017, 08:18 PM
Pro

The UK Packers (@ukpackers on Twitter) will visit Lambeau for their third annual visit this year along with Sports Travel Tours.

Check out their website www.ukpackers.co.uk and get involved. This years trip is going to be BIG.