Formula One thread (2013 season onwards) - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 18.03.2013, 05:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt NFL Fan View Post
For me the Red Bull didnt have the pace in Melbourne, Toro Rosso had a nice weekend and Vergne almost scored some points, while Ricciardo was in a decent spot before his retirement. We all know we haven't seen the best of McLaren but how long we have to wait is anyone's guess. Personally it was nice to see Massa up there again after a couple of disappointing seasons.
I thought the Red Bull looked electrifying but they just hadn't figured out the tyres yet. When tyres don't matter eg qualifying they were miles ahead. They have the pace it's just working out how to work the tyres.
Old 18.03.2013, 05:55 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt NFL Fan View Post
Good point, but the turnaround between Australia and Malaysia is very small. Four days between the end of the GP at Albert Park and start of FP1 in Sepang. Do they really have that long to analyse things in great depth?
I would agree I expect to see change in Malaysia but for the teams to remain in the small divisions I created. I think between Malaysia and is it China? Haven't looked, we will see a change with teams being able to introduce changes to the cars.
Old 18.03.2013, 08:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1b View Post
I would agree I expect to see change in Malaysia but for the teams to remain in the small divisions I created. I think between Malaysia and is it China? Haven't looked, we will see a change with teams being able to introduce changes to the cars.
Yeah its China race three then Bahrain before we head to Europe in early May.
Old 24.03.2013, 09:48 AM
MVP

Great race, I think what Mercedes did was fine provided that they do the same the other way round. Great drives by Rosberg and Hamilton and Button.
Old 24.03.2013, 10:47 AM
All Pro

Vettel is a totally delusional nutcase: "I don't think we hate each other".
Old 24.03.2013, 11:07 AM
GOAT

a decent race and it had the perfect start as we lost Alonso early, its just a shame Button had that mess up and that the red bulls didnt take each other out

also a shame Maldonado didnt finish.

Quote:
Great race, I think what Mercedes did was fine provided that they do the same the other way round. Great drives by Rosberg and Hamilton and Button.
depends on what that situation was as it seems Rosberg was overtakking Lewis and then losing the place and that was with Lewis being told to coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statto00 View Post
Vettel is a totally delusional nutcase: "I don't think we hate each other".
yeah Webber pretty much drove home the point that he was robbed and that Vettel will get special treatment.

Last edited by goodkarma84; 24.03.2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 24.03.2013, 11:30 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
a decent race and it had the perfect start as we lost Alonso early, its just a shame Button had that mess up and that the red bulls didnt take each other out

also a shame Maldonado didnt finish.

depends on what that situation was as it seems Rosberg was overtakking Lewis and then losing the place and that was with Lewis being told to coast.

yeah Webber pretty much drove home the point that he was robbed and that Vettel will get special treatment.
I'm a Hamilton fan so delighted he got 3rd but did feel sorry for Rosberg, but fair play to him for following instructions. Hamilton had enough pace to hold him off without the fuel issue I think so probably the fair thing to do, but in the opposite situation they have to do the same or else it's favouring 1 driver ala Ferrari.

Not sure Vettel was getting special treatment just that he decided not to follow instructions. What do you do as Red Bull now? They didnt favour Vettel but punishing him also doesn't achieve anything because they will be hampering their best driver.

The team can't force him to follow orders, but he was clearly just abusing his untouchableness within the team. Tough decision.
Old 24.03.2013, 11:36 AM
GOAT

Quote:
I'm a Hamilton fan so delighted he got 3rd but did feel sorry for Rosberg, but fair play to him for following instructions. Hamilton had enough pace to hold him off without the fuel issue I think so probably the fair thing to do, but in the opposite situation they have to do the same or else it's favouring 1 driver ala Ferrari.

Not sure Vettel was getting special treatment just that he decided not to follow instructions. What do you do as Red Bull now? They didnt favour Vettel but punishing him also doesn't achieve anything because they will be hampering their best driver.

The team can't force him to follow orders, but he was clearly just abusing his untouchableness within the team. Tough decision.
i was talking about what Webber said and said that he will get special treatment as in not getting punished.

we given that theres a ton of races left this season the punishment is a bit obvious
that Webber should have a favour in his pocket to use to make Vettel get out of his way.
Old 24.03.2013, 12:00 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to BeaNo_Sco

Webber disregarded team orders at Silverstone in 2011 the only difference was he couldn't make the move stick on a guy who's tyres were shot.

I don't remember Red Bull punishing Mark then, I also don't remember Webber being apologetic about it. You made your bed Mark, and were beaten. Again.
Old 24.03.2013, 12:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
i was talking about what Webber said and said that he will get special treatment as in not getting punished.

we given that theres a ton of races left this season the punishment is a bit obvious
that Webber should have a favour in his pocket to use to make Vettel get out of his way.
But that would mean Vettel obeying such orders. How can you punish the guy that is your best chance to win the title. If you punish him in some way then it has a negative effect on the team. That's why he will get away with it. Maybe a fine etc is all you can do.