Game Pass 2011 - UK Blackouts - Page 30 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 05.01.2012, 11:33 PM
Rookie

Default Gamepass Blackouts

Question
Why only in the UK is it blacked out, we are in the "EURO" etc. whats good for them in europe should be the same in the UK.
Black outs will not make me subscribe to SKY. in fact quite the opposite.

cheers for now Bernie
Old 06.01.2012, 08:59 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieg4ovp View Post
Question
Why only in the UK is it blacked out, we are in the "EURO" etc. whats good for them in europe should be the same in the UK.
Black outs will not make me subscribe to SKY. in fact quite the opposite.

cheers for now Bernie
You've answered it yourself - Sky. They paid through the nose as they always do for things and insist on exclusivity. No other country in Europe has a TV carrier showing games (that I am aware of) insisting on such restrictions so their only option is to watch online.

I used to subscribe to Sky Sports for the playoffs but didn't last year as the blackout on Gamepass was only 1 day and have decided not to this year again. Small token and probably won't make a blind bit of difference to them but they won't get my money (which is the whole point in playoff exclusivity afterall).
Old 06.01.2012, 10:46 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash41 View Post
The Superbowl is on the BBC though and everyone must have that.
I don't, actually. I have a GamePass full season subscription, and a SkyGo 1 month Sky Sports Subscription. Both run on my laptop, HDMI'd in to my HD TV. However, as there is never anything on TV that I want to watch, I don't have a TV licence as it'd be a waste of money for me. If the Super Bowl isn't on Sky, I'll have to pay ?100 for a full year TV licence (as you can't get them for any less than that) to watch one single program. That's more of a rip-off than Sky, ESPN and GamePass blackouts put together!

Just sayin'.
Old 06.01.2012, 10:55 AM
All Pro

Honest reply, has the blackout forced me to invest in sky again? Nope, however it has encouraged me to get a VPN which means i can now watch any TV from any country online. Thanx sky
Old 06.01.2012, 10:58 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin3026 View Post
Honest reply, has the blackout forced me to invest in sky again? Nope, however it has encouraged me to get a VPN which means i can now watch any TV from any country online. Thanx sky
Knowledge is power Tried it for the playoffs yet?
Old 06.01.2012, 11:06 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof1989 View Post
Knowledge is power Tried it for the playoffs yet?
Haven't tried it yet, but seeing as its worked perfectly all season i'm not anticipating any problems..... fingers crossed
Old 06.01.2012, 11:20 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin3026 View Post
Haven't tried it yet, but seeing as its worked perfectly all season i'm not anticipating any problems..... fingers crossed
But are you buying the Playoff subscription or the UK Offseason subscription?

I'm hoping you can buy the offseason one and it still works, then it's a double win! Playoffs and offseason lol
Old 06.01.2012, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Week 17 blacked-out games are now available in Game Pass.
Old 06.01.2012, 10:20 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walrus View Post
I don't, actually. I have a GamePass full season subscription, and a SkyGo 1 month Sky Sports Subscription. Both run on my laptop, HDMI'd in to my HD TV. However, as there is never anything on TV that I want to watch, I don't have a TV licence as it'd be a waste of money for me. If the Super Bowl isn't on Sky, I'll have to pay ?100 for a full year TV licence (as you can't get them for any less than that) to watch one single program. That's more of a rip-off than Sky, ESPN and GamePass blackouts put together!

Just sayin'.
You can watch BBC Super Bowl coverage live for free on BBC website, at least you could last year.

Tags
black out , blackout , blackouts , game pass , gamepass