Miles Austin departs - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 10.02.2014, 08:22 PM
Team Captain

Default Miles Austin departs

Thoughts? Never quite made the grade for me, I have a lot of confidence he will do well elsewhere though
Old 10.02.2014, 09:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Star QB View Post
Thoughts? Never quite made the grade for me, I have a lot of confidence he will do well elsewhere though
I presume you mean when he is eventually cut? I haven't seen any announcement yet

Austin is another 'bad contract' guy. He should have never been paid what he got off the back of 1 years production. Coming from a small school he over performed, but then we over paid, and the expectations rose.

There was talk of his release being a 1st June cut, which would create more cap space, but i'm pretty sure we'll be on the hook for his money the year after. The best case scenario cap-wise is to get him to take a pay cut, but he probably isn't too keen on that.

Moving forward we need to find another no.2 receiver, especially if Dez's back becomes an issue.
Old 12.02.2014, 11:44 PM
Pro

His production of late has been sporadic at best. A few passes thrown his way have been intercepted cause he did'nt fight for the ball.
Think he'll be cut June 1st as there seems to be little or no word of a pay cut or restructure. Weather he performs to the standard of his breakout year, either with 'The Boys' or anywhere else is debatable.
Were Ok with Dez, Williams, Beasley & Harris, but could do with addressing a good 2/3 receiver in the Draft or Free Agency.