Geno the future? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 18.11.2013, 11:26 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Geno the future?

I'm in two minds about this. On one hand, we only drafted him last year and I think his potential is pretty good, and that he just needs to be more consistent on keeping the football in our possession. On the other hand, this looks to be a really good draft class. Or we could stick with Geno and draft someone like De'Anthony Thomas. There are a lot of options but I would like this draft to be offence based.
Old 19.11.2013, 11:12 AM
MVP

Unless he starts playing better that he has the last three games, I want us to draft a QB. Because he's a 2nd round pick we don't really own him anything in regards to a long term commitment. It will be a mistake to go into next season without another option at QB if Geno doesn't look like the long term answer.
Old 19.11.2013, 12:14 PM
All Pro

His power is good....he can be accurate when not under pressure and throw the ball fast and hard.....but he crumbles under pressure and encourages the pressure by holding on to the ball too long (that's 3 times I've said pressure!)

He has potential and can correct these issues....but he needs a better OL than we have right now and he needs to ask himself some serious questions.

I hope he works out for us and I'd give him the rest of this season before benching him/writing him off.

He's helped me to forget about Sanchez from last year. Can't knock the lad for that
Old 19.11.2013, 03:51 PM
Pro Bowler

Woolley, any preferences at qb to draft?
Old 19.11.2013, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not giving up on Geno this early but I would like to see us sign a veteran QB who can legitimately compete for the starting job next season. Whoever is the QB, it goes without saying that we need to massively upgrade the supporting cast. Our Offense has been stagnant for too long, we need to do whatever it takes to overhaul it...
Old 19.11.2013, 04:08 PM
Pro Bowler

I know, I also don't want to abandon him after 1 season, but you shouldn't miss out on a good, possibly better player because of it.
Old 19.11.2013, 04:15 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Sack Exchange View Post
Woolley, any preferences at qb to draft?
I don't watch college ball so I don't have any opinion yet, I'll start to watch some stuff on youtube after the season and try to form an opinion.

Although right off the bat, I'm not sure I could cope with the media storm if we drafted Johnny Football.
Old 19.11.2013, 04:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
I'm not giving up on Geno this early but I would like to see us sign a veteran QB who can legitimately compete for the starting job next season. Whoever is the QB, it goes without saying that we need to massively upgrade the supporting cast. Our Offense has been stagnant for too long, we need to do whatever it takes to overhaul it...
Yeah we really need to improve the offensive skill positions. We can probably survive another season with Ivory and Powell at RB, but I want at least one high draft pick invested in a pass catcher.

If we don't draft a QB in the first round then it has to be a TE or WR.
Old 19.11.2013, 06:03 PM
All Pro

To me, at the moment, Geno is a bit like Sanchez mk2. Bags of potential, has delivered at times, but equally been very inconsistent and crumbled under pressure delivering some really shocking turnovers. It's too early to say, but if he doesn't improve by season end (and we play some pretty stout run Ds) then we have to have another legitimate option for 2014.
Old 19.11.2013, 08:51 PM
Pro

Here is something I wrote in another thread:

Something to think about tho: Brett Favre's first NFL pass went for a INT returned for a TD. Passed four times in his rookie year...intercepted twice, none pass even completed. Lets hope Geno's career turns the same as Bretts did