Geno the future? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 20.11.2013, 03:22 PM
Starter

Based on our run in and current W/L I think without trading we are looking at a mid level 1st round pick at best.

On the basis that the Jags, Vikings, Bucs, Texans, Browns are all seemingly in need of a QB and likely will draft before us while also throwing in the Titans possibly as well I think we are probably better off drafting a WR and/or TE who will likely be 'top of the class'...although as I don't follow college football either have no idea what next years 'crop' in these positions is like...and hopefully not a repeat of Milliner* (hope to be proved wrong and hes not a bust)

In Geno we trust......
Old 24.11.2013, 08:12 PM
Team Captain

Send a message via MSN to Kingsley2003 Send a message via Skype™ to Kingsley2003

no. give matt simms a shot.
Old 24.11.2013, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley2003 View Post
no. give matt simms a shot.
Phil Simms would look like crap with that "supporting" cast....
Old 25.11.2013, 09:12 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Phil Simms would look like crap with that "supporting" cast....
This is undoubtedly true Wayne, however you can't blame it all on the supporting cast. If you do that you'd have to give Sanchez a pass for last year. The current roster is better than at the start of the season and miles better than what we had for most of last year. Clearly we are underperforming at receiver and QB.

Geno had a nightmare in wind at the Pinstripe Bowl and it was a major concern that looks totally founded. Flacco managed the wind, Geno didn't - he looked horrible.
Old 25.11.2013, 11:19 AM
MVP

I agree with Jetupandgo. The offense around Geno is poor but we've seen worse(we have a better OC now than compared to the last four). The WR core is poor but that doesn't excuse poor decision making, mechanics and making throws that he shouldn't be making.

He'll probably get one more game but if he doesn't play better then I want to see Simms get a few games to show his stuff.
Old 26.11.2013, 04:18 PM
Pro

To be honest the whole offence has been poor all season long. The O Line has got worse as the season has gone on. The pass protection has been non-existent recently & struggling to produce gaps for the run game. Receivers creating little to no seperation & still contributing plenty of drops.
I don't think Geno is the answer myself long term, but neither is Simms so we may aswel stick with Geno, then either look to the draft, or see if we can pick up a manageable QB in FA.
If not then we will be asking the same questions next year unless Geno can pick up his game in the off season & he gets some help on the roster.
Old 27.11.2013, 02:28 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazblue80 View Post
I don't think Geno is the answer myself long term, but neither is Simms so we may aswel stick with Geno.
I don't necessarily want us to move on from Geno, but we really don't know how good Simms is, if he has never been given a chance. I'd be happy to go on with Geno for the next couple of games, but if he continues this downward spiral, then we have to give Matt Simms a chance towards the end of the season...
Old 27.11.2013, 04:14 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie_Jet View Post
I don't necessarily want us to move on from Geno, but we really don't know how good Simms is, if he has never been given a chance. I'd be happy to go on with Geno for the next couple of games, but if he continues this downward spiral, then we have to give Matt Simms a chance towards the end of the season...
The issue I have is that Simms can't be showing anything whatsoever in camp to show he could be a better option than Geno, otherwise I'm sure he'd be in by now. No matter which way we go, I can't see our fortunes changing anytime soon. Although I'd love to be proved wrong.

The sad thing is in his first half dozen games Geno showed some flashes that he could be 'our guy' as Rex would say, but things have got gradually worse.
Old 27.11.2013, 05:13 PM
All Pro

The problem is that Simms is probably getting few or no reps with the first team, so it is very hard to judge how he would perform with them. The backup very rarely gets to go in unless they are seriously preparing to use him, there just aren't enough reps to go around now.

Agree about Geno's early flashes - he showed promise that he could be the guy, the problem now is it looks like even if he is the guy, he would just be another mediocre at best QB.
Old 30.11.2013, 09:09 PM
Starter

We won't get a look at the top QBs and there is no point putting one of them behind our offense anyway. There should be some good playmakers in this year's draft, snaffle some of them, bolster the O-line, and get a competent veteran in to compete for the QB spot. It's a project.....